Player Watch #42: Kallan Dawson - Twomey reporting 1yr extension - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

It's just wrong. There have been enough reports around suggesting that Dawson was on the shopping list of a number of clubs. There's almost zero chance he would have made it to our second pick.
Thank you LTK, same people who pegged us as taking him at 2 early days also had him as preferred choice for at least 2 other clubs

He reminds me - in looks, position & potentially playing style - of another guy we had on our list a few years ago...

Their names are also freakily similar... Let's take out the KAL & DAW and play Wheel of Fortune:

---LAN ---SON

He reminds me - in looks, position & potentially playing style - of another guy we had on our list a few years ago...

Their names are also freakily similar... Let's take out the KAL & DAW and play Wheel of Fortune:

---LAN ---SON

I had the same thought when I saw those training photos.

They’re only a couple months apart in age as well. I’m now not convinced that he hasn’t had a change in identity to get back into the AFL. It’s a little too convenient that he has come out of nowhere and had only played amateur football before this year.

I don’t get how ppl have big hands lol I can barely one hand grip a size 4

Well you know what they say about people with big hands....
They have big feet.

And you know what they say about people with big feet...
They have big socks.

Massimo D’ambrosio says hi 👋

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

---LAN ---SON
Jonlan Hewson?

It's just wrong. There have been enough reports around suggesting that Dawson was on the shopping list of a number of clubs. There's almost zero chance he would have made it to our second pick.
Means nothing, I know guys who were spoken to by 4 or 5 clubs and didn’t get drafted.

To all the teams that overlooked him in a couple of national and rookie drafts? That would be 18 teams, by my count.
Again, means nothings, your picking on current ability. You do realize kids improve after the draft? And the improve at different rates and to different levels? We can only judge on the last draft and his form going into it.

---LAN ---SON
LAKLAN HANSON?

Doesn’t quite match Lachlan Hansen but anyways…

---LAN ---SON

Perhaps you need to go to Specsavers. He looks nothing like ----lan ---son

Means nothing, I know guys who were spoken to by 4 or 5 clubs and didn’t get drafted.

Again, means nothings, your picking on current ability. You do realize kids improve after the draft? And the improve at different rates and to different levels? We can only judge on the last draft and his form going into it.

Of course I realise kids improve after the draft, duh. Pretty dumb questions, mav.

I'm more focused on the mental gymnastics that people go through to criticise the club, whatever they do. We all know that if we picked Massimo and someone else picked Dawson after us, there would be people here screaming like little bitches "we've got a million back flankers, why pick another one when this Dawson fits our desperate need for a tall defender perfectly?"

Of course I realise kids improve after the draft, duh. Pretty dumb questions, mav.

I'm more focused on the mental gymnastics that people go through to criticise the club, whatever they do. We all know that if we picked Massimo and someone else picked Dawson after us, there would be people here screaming like little bitches "we've got a million back flankers, why pick another one when this Dawson fits our desperate need for a tall defender perfectly?"
It’s not a dumb question cause you’re claiming
Go something is wrong when it’s not. The poster said he was likely to be there on our second pick, and you claimed he wouldn’t be cause other clubs has spoken to him. This is a false assumption. You then claimed 18 other clubs passed on which is completely irrelevant. So question the stupidity of comparisons but that’s not what the post was about.

The whole shooting down the messenger on here has just become ridiculous.

It’s not a dumb question cause you’re claiming
Go something is wrong when it’s not. The poster said he was likely to be there on our second pick, and you claimed he wouldn’t be cause other clubs has spoken to him. This is a false assumption. You then claimed 18 other clubs passed on which is completely irrelevant. So question the stupidity of comparisons but that’s not what the post was about.

The whole shooting down the messenger on here has just become ridiculous.

LOL.

The fact that you know players who weren't chosen is irrelevant. Dozens of players weren't chosen. Of the ones who were, many clubs showed interest. Claiming Dawson would be there for our second pick was a long bow, but perfect if you want to whinge about everything the club does.

It's not shooting the messenger when you point out the message was yet another whinge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back