Opinion Is this where Carlton drops away?

Are Carlton going to drop away from here?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

So now you have gone for X will happen to "what if"? I sense a nervous backtrack MR

That's what happens when your analysis doesn't account for probability and possibilities

My prediction was the Blues were a decent chance to make the 8 this season. And that “Vossy” might start like a house on fire….then end like a house that’s been on fire. So I am not sure what you are on about. All things in good time little Arr0w. 😁

If we beat Freo next week by some miracle and Saints go down to Syd I think we're safe. They have a brutal run home. Even more so than the Blues. Tonight was a big blunder for them.

You are aware that there are a few other sides below St Kilda still in contention?
Realistically its likely down to the top 9 at this point. Its just a matter of who drops out. Whether that's the Pies, Syd, Tigs, Blues or Saints is anyone's guess. I can't see the Suns or Dogs bursting through to close the gap with their runs home so if the Saints miss that likely means the remaining make it. Imo Syd, Saints and the Blues have the hardest runs of those in the top 8 while also being the best teams in that race all year... but an injury to a D Moore or a Max King/Hawkins/Mills etc could sway things in any which way.

Realistically its likely down to the top 9 at this point. Its just a matter of who drops out. Whether that's the Pies, Syd, Tigs, Blues or Saints is anyone's guess. I can't see the Suns or Dogs bursting through to close the gap with their runs home so if the Saints miss that likely means the remaining make it. Imo Syd, Saints and the Blues have the hardest runs of those in the top 8 while also being the best teams in that race all year... but an injury to a D Moore or a Max King/Hawkins/Mills etc could sway things in any which way.
The Suns have a great run and are getting better every week

Still a long way to go and you need to find at least 4 more wins

I personally don't buy the theory that 13 wins won't guarantee finals. I think people are under estimating how even the competition is. There will still be plenty of upsets just like Essendon vs. the Saints tonight. Aside from North I think anyone can pretty much beat anyone. Even Westcoast have players coming back.

Carlton probably don't start favourites against Fremantle, Brisbane, Saint Kilda, Melbourne or Geelong as of right now but considering the form we have shown this year I would be shocked if we don't at least win a couple of them which should be enough for finals

The Suns have a great run and are getting better every week

Still a long way to go and you need to find at least 4 more wins
Suns would need to win 7-8 games in the last 10 while vsing Brisbane, Rich, Pies and Geelong. Wouldn't be banking on it.

And Collingwood likely need at least 5 minimum. Your point?

Not sure why so many are sticking the knife in and excited for us to fail. We have been rubbish for years and are finally showing some improvement. Yeah some of our supporters might be getting a bit excited but I would have thoughts that's normal after 20 years of disappointment.

I hate Richmond but in 2017 I was barracking for you guys as I knew what it meant to your long suffering supporters. Same with Melbourne last year and Freo this year. So I don't really get the mentality.

Anyway, we are completely decimated by injury so I doubt we do much more then scrape into the 8 now so everyone can revel in that.

Suns would need to win 7-8 games in the last 10 while vsing Brisbane, Rich, Pies and Geelong. Wouldn't be banking on it.

And Collingwood likely need at least 5 minimum. Your point?
My point is I think there are 11 teams in it not 9

Bulldogs could fire up at some point

And GC are playing those Richmond, Collingwood and Geelong games at Metricon, all winnable

With 9 and a half rounds to go there are definitely more than 9 teams still in it

Well, this is what I think of their fixture:

• Fremantle (Marvel) - 50/50
  • St Kilda (Marvel) - 60/40
  • West Coast (OS) - Win
  • Geelong (MCG) - 50/50
  • GWS (Marvel) - Win
  • Adelaide (AO) - Win
  • Brisbane (Gabba) - Loss
  • Melbourne (MCG) - 50/50
  • Collingwood (MCG) - 50/50

Given that they already have 9 wins, they probably need 5 more wins to make it. They can easily do so with their remaining fixture IMO. Well, as long as they don’t fall into the old habits of losing to teams that they should beat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My prediction was the Blues were a decent chance to make the 8 this season. And that “Vossy” might start like a house on fire….then end like a house that’s been on fire. So I am not sure what you are on about. All things in good time little Arr0w. 😁

Make the 8 and still be sacked by draft night? Unusual outcome

Not sure why so many are sticking the knife in and excited for us to fail. We have been rubbish for years and are finally showing some improvement. Yeah some of our supporters might be getting a bit excited but I would have thoughts that's normal after 20 years of disappointment.

I hate Richmond but in 2017 I was barracking for you guys as I knew what it meant to your long suffering supporters. Same with Melbourne last year and Freo this year. So I don't really get the mentality.

Anyway, we are completely decimated by injury so I doubt we do much more then scrape into the 8 now so everyone can revel in that.

I actually hope Carlton make the finals and I hope we play you. The finals mean more when your rivals are lying in wait and though we might take beating you for granted lately you are still a major rival...maybe the major rival for the core Tiger Army fanbase.
So don't blow up. Be there so you can bed over for us.

Marvel games should be fine, any games where it's tough conditions they look like they will struggle. Try to play perfect football and don't have the attack on the ball that Richmond and other clubs do. Multiple times they pulled up waiting for the tackle when Richmond collected, but of course Richmond would either dish it off first or break a soft tackle.

Make the 8 and still be sacked by draft night? Unusual outcome

If they are smart they will sack “Vossy.” It just depends exactly how good the Beyond Blues want to be Arr0w. 😉

But you are being deliberately deceptive confusing my clearly tongue in cheek posts with my serious analysis.

The Blues window is now. Whatever you achieve is probably happening in the next 4 years or so. It would be such a shame to see you waste that by sticking with a loser head coach who went to loser finishing school at Port Adelaide to round out his education.

You’ve already missed out on Longmuir, Mitchell, McRae and Nicks, blokes that look like they can actually coach. There may be another bright young thing out there if you act rapidly - for example by draft night. 😁

Last edited:
Every chance yes.

Then from there it is all down a sink-hole.

Don’tget me wrong, none of us want to see that happen. Much.

Much more fun if the Blues are flattering to deceive.

We probably won’t sell the farm to get a Fev and other cooked senior players.

List demographic a fair bit different for us than Brisbane 2009.

Sorry to disappoint

I personally don't buy the theory that 13 wins won't guarantee finals. I think people are under estimating how even the competition is. There will still be plenty of upsets just like Essendon vs. the Saints tonight. Aside from North I think anyone can pretty much beat anyone. Even Westcoast have players coming back.

Carlton probably don't start favourites against Fremantle, Brisbane, Saint Kilda, Melbourne or Geelong as of right now but considering the form we have shown this year I would be shocked if we don't at least win a couple of them which should be enough for finals

Lots of variables (injuries/form) and also just how it pans out on the day.

It’s a very fine line at the moment between top 4 contender and missing the 8 entirely.

We probably won’t sell the farm to get a Fev and other cooked senior players.

List demographic a fair bit different for us than Brisbane 2009.

Sorry to disappoint

Apologies for having to be the one to break this to you….

You already mortgaged your future getting Martin McGovern and Williams, to name but a small selection of monumental far cups.

I thought you knew. 😁

I would think they make the finals, which doesn't count as falling away as that would have been the goal for the season.

Should be in or around finals for the next 4-5 seasons. Their spine, Walsh and Cerra mean they will be good for a long time injuries depending.

We are coming off the bye next week and they should be fired up. If Freo can hang in within a couple of goals until half time we might be ok. Carlton will get enough back in the last month of the season to win 3 of the last 5.

Back