Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Why no heights and weights listed? Worried about hight and fat shaming?

Weights are generally kept private anyway, it's not really something I think is overly relevant anyway tbh. Heights are on NAB League app, so available but irritatingly inconvenient

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Weights are generally kept private anyway, it's not really something I think is overly relevant anyway tbh. Heights are on NAB League app, so available but irritatingly inconvenient

They used to publish the weight of male draft prospects.

They used to publish the weight of male draft prospects.
Usually gives you some idea of how much development they have left I think. Like the rule of thumb is height in centimetres - 100 = AFL playing weight in kilos. If they're quick but they're 70kg dripping wet and 192cm, they're probably going to lose their pace when they enter the system or have spine/foot/leg problems and soft-tissue injuries. If they're 192 and 88, they're probably going to come in round 1 and translate fairly well whatever they were doing before.

I totally get not publishing it for juniors or AFLW though, given the sensitivities around body image and the fact they're neither of them in full-time professional environments yet. And I guess the clubs would have this info even if it isn't available to us plebs on the outside.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Usually gives you some idea of how much development they have left I think. Like the rule of thumb is height in centimetres - 100 = AFL playing weight in kilos. If they're quick but they're 70kg dripping wet and 192cm, they're probably going to lose their pace when they enter the system or have spine/foot/leg problems and soft-tissue injuries. If they're 192 and 88, they're probably going to come in round 1 and translate fairly well whatever they were doing before.

I totally get not publishing it for juniors or AFLW though, given the sensitivities around body image and the fact they're neither of them in full-time professional environments yet. And I guess the clubs would have this info even if it isn't available to us plebs on the outside.

I know Will Gould got no end of s**t for being 106kg at the draft combine.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Aaron Cadman the boss up forward again today, beating whatever Charger he contests with.
Here for the Cadman love personally, if Lemmey doesn't fire at Champs I think there's an argument for Cadman being the best KPF in it

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
When is the under-18s championships and are they televised?
First game is tomorrow, don't know where the streams will be outside of the AFL Website
Hey PM Bangers, Is the Anthony Munkara love more the idea of what he could be or is he actually showing the talent required to meet the level of an AFL player?
He hasn't got the endurance level to have a sustained impact on games yet, so at the moment it's a lot if excitement around the glimpses he's showing, rather than actually tearing games apart

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
He hasn't got the endurance level to have a sustained impact on games yet, so at the moment it's a lot if excitement around the glimpses he's showing, rather than actually tearing games apart

Champs obviously answers a lot of questions (re talent up a level), but still, very, very unlikely to fall past 40? :sadv1:

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Champs obviously answers a lot of questions (re talent up a level), but still, very, very unlikely to fall past 40? :sadv1:
There's next to nothing about his footy that'd hold him out of the Top 40, and with what feels like a lack of X-Factor forwards in the comp atm i wouldn't be shocked to see him go top 20

Futbolista

Club Legend
May 15, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Hi PM Bangers can you tell me why you havent mentioned Reuben Ginbey from east perth ?

He is the star and captain of his private school team as a mid for Wesley, plays for east perth seniors at half back

He is lightning quick uses the footy well and is so hard and tough at the footy

2.85 for 20 metres sprint

Cant believe there hasnt been much talk about him
You were right. I watched Ginbey against a fairly decent Subiaco reserves side. He is top 30-40 easy. Seeing him against players of a more junior ilk it was pretty clear. He can play. I watched him in league previously but never really got it.

Last edited:

doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
PMBangers how well would any of the KPFs projected for the first round translate to KPD? Dogs definitely more in the market for KPD but unless Dunkley or another big exit nets us a very early pick I imagine Buslinger won’t be on the board for our first pick.

Also how does Buslinger compare to Josh Gibcus and Denver G-B as early KPDs from recent drafts, both style and readiness to play?

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
whose your top 3?
Wardlaw, Ashcroft and Busslinger atm
PMBangers how well would any of the KPFs projected for the first round translate to KPD? Dogs definitely more in the market for KPD but unless Dunkley or another big exit nets us a very early pick I imagine Buslinger won’t be on the board for our first pick.

Also how does Buslinger compare to Josh Gibcus and Denver G-B as early KPDs from recent drafts, both style and readiness to play?
Cadman and Jefferson are the two I think could be KPDs if required, Cadman would fit in to a role like Harry Himmelberg I imagine as someone with a good read and mark of the ball but maybe not super one-on-one, similar to Jefferson but he's one I think could develop into a one-on-one role a lot better. But I'm confident enough that both will be capable KPFs and shouldn't need to transition to a KPD role.

I think Busslinger would be capable of playing round 1 like Gibcus, he doesn't have the raw athleticism of Gibcus but is a smart player which allows him to intercept well, and he's probably more damaging with his disposal and offers more in transition. I'd say he's pretty similar to DGB however, but again I like his disposal a bit more heading forward, but DGB is probably better in one-on-ones

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll

Cadman and Jefferson are the two I think could be KPDs if required, Cadman would fit in to a role like Harry Himmelberg I imagine as someone with a good read and mark of the ball but maybe not super one-on-one, similar to Jefferson but he's one I think could develop into a one-on-one role a lot better. But I'm confident enough that both will be capable KPFs and shouldn't need to transition to a KPD role.

I think Busslinger would be capable of playing round 1 like Gibcus, he doesn't have the raw athleticism of Gibcus but is a smart player which allows him to intercept well, and he's probably more damaging with his disposal and offers more in transition. I'd say he's pretty similar to DGB however, but again I like his disposal a bit more heading forward, but DGB is probably better in one-on-ones
Cadman has caught my eye from the first time I seen him, any thoughts on Gillbee and Hustwaite?

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Cadman has caught my eye from the first time I seen him, any thoughts on Gillbee and Hustwaite?
Yeah I like both, Gillbee's versatility is a big draw to him obviously, just does the fundamentals in each role well enough that it suggests he could legitimately fit in anywhere at AFL level with some consistency.
Hustwaites got unreal hands in close and composure for a guy his size, but I wonder what role he fits into at the next level given he doesn't really play to his height. If it's as a midfielder he may not have the burst to be a super damaging stoppage player, and if it's as a KPD he may not have the proven physicality, so he's one to watch heading into the second half of the season as to where he's deployed

dkalphy

All Australian
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

How about Phillipou ?

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
How about Phillipou ?
Has some ridiculously eye catching traits, speed and agility from the contests are amazing and his overhead marking is something a lot of players can only dream of, he's certainly pushing up but I haven't watched him for about a month so want to see how he's progressing with my own eyes, but I'm confident to say he's SA's top talent currently and if he can show more of the same against stronger opposition in the Champs there's no reason to think he won't be in that group

walterhobbs

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hi PM, with the Crows looking to have a top 5 pick who is the mids most likely to be available at our pick and who would most suit what we need?

Back