Changes vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain to me the logic of Weightman being fine to play out the game but not able to play a week later?
He himself said he was no good in the second half and only stayed on for rotation purposes. I imagine it’s reinjury that’s a concern.

Can someone explain to me the logic of Weightman being fine to play out the game but not able to play a week later?
Remember Dan Hannebery coming back on in the 2016 GF, do you think he would have been good to go the following week if there was a game?

Weightman had a huge egg on his elbow after the match, he was probably jabbed up with some solid painkillers to get back out there but if he did it in training there's no way he would have been selected.

Have you ever played contact sport?

Those who have will be fully aware that you can often continue playing in some circumstances in the immediate aftermath of an injury despite missing the next few weeks.

It's happened to me regularly and there are many examples over the years of this applying to AFL players also. Lenny Hayes the best example that I can think of when he played out a match against Norf despite doing his ACL.

If your body is warm and your blood flow is up and about, combined with a bit of adrenaline which you naturally get from playing a competitive contact sport, your body is sometimes able to cope. I'm no medical expert but those elements combined would possibly act like a drug that allows you to play through injury.

As soon as you stop moving, blood flow is no longer being promoted as heavily to the affected area and that results in swelling.

Real shame if Cody is out - does anyone have any idea how long that injury would usually keep someone out?

Straight swap for McNeil if that’s the case

Doc for Croz

Hunter for Scott

I’d like to see Bedendo get a go too for McComb but probably won’t be that many changes

Schache/Jamarra/Naughty just stay until Bruce is back - do not change this!!!

Expect Bruce will need a few games in the VFL so McNeil for Weightman, Hunter as sub perhaps. No need for more.

Liked Schache as second ruck. Hope they persist with it.
Wouldn’t make Hunter sub. He needs game time.

I’d bring him in for McComb who could be the sub.

Likely weightman gone for a while so McNeil probably gets an extended look.

Surely crozier has done enough to take the duryea place even though the VFL team around him is rubbish.

I'd even be trying Darcy and Bedendo in the coming weeks.

They're not winning the premiership this season. You may aswell play the talented kids you've got.

Real shame if Cody is out - does anyone have any idea how long that injury would usually keep someone out?

Straight swap for McNeil if that’s the case

Doc for Croz

Hunter for Scott

I’d like to see Bedendo get a go too for McComb but probably won’t be that many changes

Schache/Jamarra/Naughty just stay until Bruce is back - do not change this!!!
3-6 weeks

Surely crozier has done enough to take the duryea place even though the VFL team around him is rubbish.

They're not winning the premiership this season. You may aswell play the talented kids you've got.

I think Bendendo and Darcy are getting close. Bendendo probably gets a crack first

Out Duryea Weightman McComb
In Crozier Hunter Bendendo (or Wallis)

Only do this when confirmed to be out of contention. If we beat Hawks and Geelong beat Richmond, we are in the 8 next week. Could also be if GWS beats Collingwood as Sydney/Saints play each other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Replacing Duryea will be interesting. I like Crozier as a player but we've got a few different options. Cleary, Buku, Williams playing back and Hunter taking the wing etc.

I think McNeil has earnt Cody's spot while he's out. Played really well last night.

I reckon they might bring in Hunter and send Williams back to cover Duryea and then McNeil for Weightman
Was thinking that but I think that’d be the wrong move - Williams has settled into that role so nicely and it’s something we really need there, Scott & Hunter running the wings just don’t offer enough of an offensive presence or any height/aerial ability either. Id leave Williams, Hunter straight swap for Scott and Croz gets his go again

In: Crozier, McNeill
Out: Weightman, Dureya

Guessing Weightman misses a decent stint. Such a shame.

Maybe Khamis as sub.
Khamis won’t play sub. If he did it would mean he misses two games in a row. He was 24th man in Sydney yesterday so he’ll need a gallop.

How does Ugle Hagan possibly keep his spot after that game. He had next to no influence at all. Just doesn’t work hard enough. Buku or Bedendo offer more than he does and he’s only being selected ahead of them because he was a high draft pick.
Remember when we were calling out for forwards to just bring the ball to ground. He did that several times and was very close to sticking some good marks.

His impact on Naughton’s game was important too. Nick Haynes had 2 marks last night - when has that ever been the case against us.

Also the behind the goal vision for Cody’s first goal last night where Macrae found him in the clear. JUH was in a heap of space, much closer to goal and dead in front in Macrae had seen him. He got burnt a couple of other times as well.

How does Ugle Hagan possibly keep his spot after that game. He had next to no influence at all. Just doesn’t work hard enough. Buku or Bedendo offer more than he does and he’s only being selected ahead of them because he was a high draft pick.
He allowed Naughton to get one on one and the end result was five to Naughton. JUH needs an extended run at it like Gardner had. Play him the rest of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back