What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Thet also just praised Weightmans courage to continue to play after the elbow dislocation. Toby had the game of his career and I'm wondering when we are going to play the giants and properly tag that maggot

Duryea would have spent the game right on Greene's arse if he hadn't been injured, he's the go-to guy for playing on smalls. Still reckon Greene would have kicked a bag, he's an exceptionally good player, but losing his direct opponent in the first quarter would have contributed to his score.

Apart from having a punchable head, to his credit he has refrained from grub acts this year, so far.
add kicked 8 goals, won his one on ones, marked and crumbed as appropriate. I agree, appears to have eliminated unnecessary aggression from his game.

That moment.

Picko's reaction is so Picko.

Im going to buy a cream jumper in tribute to these two legends.

Just in case anybody has forgotten what they're reminiscing about.

Still sends a shiver...

BT dropping the F Bomb in his excitement will never not be funny. Like Boyds goal it will be the crowing achievement of his calling career.

As apposed to his naming of Jake Stringer as THE PACKAGE!!!

With thanks to AL's highlights.

Last edited:
That moment.

Picko's reaction is so Picko.

Im going to buy a cream jumper in tribute to these two legends.

Just in case anybody has forgotten what they're reminiscing about.

Still sends a shiver...

BT dropping the F Bomb in his excitement will never not be funny. Like Boyds goal it will be the crowing achievement of his calling career.

As apposed to his naming of Jake Stringer as THE PACKAGE!!!

With thanks to AL's highlights.

This might be asking a lot…but has anyone seen other angles of that goal? It’s always bothered me that you barely see Boyd kick it. There must be more footage out there somewhere.

He was just painfully uncomfortable. They wanted to see his Fruit & Nut tattoo and he was like ‘Nah’. I personally enjoyed his honesty and complete disregard of media training…but I’m sure it was awkward viewing for most people.
He could not give a stuff about being media friendly. He regards it as a joke and won’t be exploited and won’t come out with the usual cliches. Good for him.

Of course that means he won’t be offered a lucrative media gig in the boys’ club post footy, but that won’t bother him either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you heard Libba speak? He has a mumble down to “what did he say?” level.
Cornes doesn't ? What about "Sammy" Newman, McGuire and/or Hawkins on The Footy Show ? The village idiot as productive role in stageplay goes back to the middle ages. Even Billy Shakespeare, CHB from Stratford-on-Avon, introduced Citizen, Julius Caesar and Clown Othello.

Last edited:
Cornes doesn't ? What about "Sammy" Newman, McGuire and/or Hawkins on The Footy Show ? The village idiot as productive role in stageplay goes back to the middle ages.
He’s no idiot. Libba’s a very smart bloke.

Libba was asked by Brown why they were out on the ground for so long after the game had ended.
Brown said were you reliving the 2016 pre lim

Libba told him they liked to give it back to the fans a concept Brown was not aware of.

As EJ said once, "Stick it up em"

Libba was asked by Brown why they were out on the ground for so long after the game had ended.

Libba told him they liked to give it back to the fans a concept Brown was not aware of.

I'm not surprised Libba wanted no part of that horrendous car crash Best on Ground...

This might be asking a lot…but has anyone seen other angles of that goal? It’s always bothered me that you barely see Boyd kick it. There must be more footage out there somewhere.
I saw an angle looking straight down the field from behind T Boyd in the days following the game. I can't remember where I saw it and I only saw it once. It does show the the ball started out pretty far left and arced around towards the goal. So from the side it looks like the ball bounced at an angle toward the goal. Several announcers in the octo call talk about how we got a lucky bounce but when I saw it from that other angle you can see that the ball bounced true to the direction it was travelling. It was actually a bit of an unfortunate bounce because it bounced on end and went nearly straight up which almost gave the Swan defender time to get to it.

I saw an angle looking straight down the field from behind T Boyd in the days following the game. I can't remember where I saw it and I only saw it once. It does show the the ball started out pretty far left and arced around towards the goal. So from the side it looks like the ball bounced at an angle toward the goal. Several announcers in the octo call talk about how we got a lucky bounce but when I saw it from that other angle you can see that the ball bounced true to the direction it was travelling. It was actually a bit of an unfortunate bounce because it bounced on end and went nearly straight up which almost gave the Swan defender time to get to it.

I know the angle you mean. I’m not sure if it was in the ride movie, but I’m sure it was in one of those “behind the story” type features. Pretty sure there was also different angles of the Morris tackle too

That was utterly brilliant. I dropped my Gin & Tonic. Jeez I dislike the AFL disk jockeys, such a bunch of w***ers. ‘Browny’ bunging-on his bullshit ‘Aussie’ accent so the Bunnings tradies love him.

Riewoldt is okay. Garry Lyon is one of the biggest flogs I have ever watched.

I know the angle you mean. I’m not sure if it was in the ride movie, but I’m sure it was in one of those “behind the story” type features. Pretty sure there was also different angles of the Morris tackle too

Think you guys were after this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back