Will we make finals?

Could not disagree more. Playing in September is playing in September. There is hope for at least one game and potentially a day out. Finals experience for some players for the following year. No-one will be blind to cracks if we go out first week. We're still a chance to win the flag this year but others are a better chance. We can make finals so relevant.

No need to respond. We're miles apart.
I kind of agree with you.

We were no chance at a premiership in 2006 but flogging the Pies that year in the Elim was one of my best days at the footy.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think the only way we stuff up this season more is by moving Naughton back. He is possibly the most dangerous key forward in the comp and only getting better. Absolutely insane suggestion.

You may be right but the I way see it if we are out of the finals race it is no brainer to experiment this season. If it does work we just move Naughton forward again next season. I do not see Naughton as the best forward in the comp, He is good and may get better but just think for a moment. If Astro is a gun defender and Bruce, JUH, Weightman, Darcy become a good forward line we are a more complete team.

The basis of my point is you try these things and if they do not work what do you lose nothing other than a higher draft pick. The way you see it if we move Naughton back we do not have the option to move forward again. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You may be right but the I way see it if we are out of the finals race it is no brainer to experiment this season. If it does work we just move Naughton forward again next season. I do not see Naughton as the best forward in the comp, He is good and may get better but just think for a moment. If Astro is a gun defender and Bruce, JUH, Weightman, Darcy become a good forward line we are a more complete team.

The basis of my point is you try these things and if they do not work what do you lose nothing other than a higher draft pick. The way you see it if we move Naughton back we do not have the option to move forward again. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Why don’t you see Naughty as best forward in the comp? He’s already nearly there tbh

Why don’t you see Naughty as best forward in the comp? He’s already nearly there tbh

It’s the forward setup that doesn’t help him, he’s only 9 goals off the Coleman pace

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He is not accurate kick. He needs a run jump and gets blocked sometimes unfairly and has never played well on Weitering. Having said that he is good and maybe very good to excellent with more help. Just think we have JUH, Sam to look at as well as Bruce. If we are out the finals race what have we to lose, if Astro does not look a star in defence we just move him back. The other possible advantage is he will not get bashed and battered as much as he does playing forward.

Oct 30, 2003
Kennel
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
it would not surprise if we made finals. The flag is there for the taking. Our backline talent is fine. the issue is the type of defence Being coached. Keath, Gardner aNd O’Brien are good enough. Bevo is playing a too aggressive zone defence which is vulnerable and the players are out of position. that is why they lose so many 1 on 1s. They scramble back and opposition kicks it to the forwards advantage.

I am confident Bevo boys will not play many more games. Bevo usually wakes up after the bye and team selections usually improves. He is also not that stupid to play a short forward line again. No coach could be that stupid. Also Bruce back soon and that will straighten us up and he brimgs forward craft that is missing.

Dogs,to,finish 8, all players are back by round 19 and our team is just too talented to lose bevause individually they r the best 22 in the AFL. Dogs to win the flag. Bevo is saved by the players again

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
it would not surprise if we made finals. The flag is there for the taking. Our backline talent is fine. the issue is the type of defence Being coached. Keath, Gardner aNd O’Brien are good enough. Bevo is playing a too aggressive zone defence which is vulnerable and the players are out of position. that is why they lose so many 1 on 1s. They scramble back and opposition kicks it to the forwards advantage.

I am confident Bevo boys will not play many more games. Bevo usually wakes up after the bye and team selections usually improves. He is also not that stupid to play a short forward line again. No coach could be that stupid. Also Bruce back soon and that will straighten us up and he brimgs forward craft that is missing.

Dogs,to,finish 8, all players are back by round 19 and our team is just too talented to lose bevause individually they r the best 22 in the AFL. Dogs to win the flag. Bevo is saved by the players again

You should have my username. LOL

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Will we make finals?
Will WE make finals?
Will we "make" finals?
Will we make F-I-N-A-L-S?

I wonder which theme Bevo will pull out for the run home?

6ac7f4fbdf87859ddbe45365b41bd2b8

Shitney just had their ruck suspended for a week.

Anyway, anyone had a look at Squiggle recently?

Squiggle thinks we will beat Hawthorn x 2, Freo, GWS x 2 and St Kilda. It has our losses to Melbourne, Geelong, Swans, Brisbane. I think we will beat the Swans, but the other games are massive, unless Melbourne has really fallen off the perch.

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Squiggle thinks we will beat Hawthorn x 2, Freo, GWS x 2 and St Kilda. It has our losses to Melbourne, Geelong, Swans, Brisbane. I think we will beat the Swans, but the other games are massive, unless Melbourne has really fallen off the perch.
It’s a bloody hard draw. Hawks in Tassie is no sure thing as we saw last year.

You’d think we’d need to win one of our away games v Cats, lions, swans or Dees at MS. I agree Swans would be most likely

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Geez that draw is brutal. After this week, there’s a chance we would only start favourite in one of our remaining games.

With that being said, some additional players returning over the next couple of weeks means we should be able to put out a side that’s capable of knocking off every side in the comp.

The team cant afford to drop winnable games from here on. A loss to the Hawfs on Friday will set them back and make it more difficult and reliant on a few upsets along the way

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We can only drop 2-3 games from now on. If we don’t win this week and at least split the Lions & Swans games we’ll be in real strife. Bailey Smith would have been very handy for those two games.

I’ll be dirty if we lose to Geelong again, regardless of where the game is

19 years since the last win down there... fmd

View attachment 1428463
Should have beaten them last year. It would have meant we finish top four, not have to trot around most of Australia playing games, and might have been able to stay in the GF longer.

Did I mention I hate Geelong, they are responsible for so much pain to us.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gonna be tough. Feel like we need to win at least 2 out of the really hard draw of Brisbane (away), Sydney (away), Melbourne (marvel), Geelong (away).

Back