Review Dogs belt the filty Plastics 125 to 105

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just watching him last night, there were a couple of times he kicked it from the backline to the wing and by the time the ball was entering 50 on the next kick, he was already there. Huge tank. I hope it all clicks cos we do look better with him out there
He also applied himself defensively last night saw him actually chase hard out of the forward 50 rather than let them amble away as he used to do if he got beat to the ball

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just watching the replay - Keath is carrying the ball and being generally useful offensively. One of our most important players.

Also think English may havehad his brain scrambled in the 2nd quarter from the sling tackle - seemed to be a bit tentative for a while after that

Last edited:
That free kick to Dunkley at the end was seriously bad. That was incredibly soft for "in the back." I did feel like we were pretty hard done by though for majority of the night. What about that free against Richards on Riccardi? I've watched it back a few times and can't understand exactly what rule he was alleged to have broken there. We see Tom Hawkins do that exact thing about 800 times every match and commentators jizz over the raw display of strength. I really can't stand the double standards for defenders and forwards in this game.
I thought it made up for the free kick that was missed to Weightman a minute before that.

Apr 22, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A lot of people on here criticise GWS just for the sake of it. Fortunately I am above that. So when they do something unique and beneficial I say good on them. Nice touch at the start of the game for them to have every one of their supporters on the ground and forming a guard of honour for the players up to the banner. Nice touch.

I actually like quite a few of their players now - Taylor, Riccardi, Hill...and always liked Kelly and Haynes. With so many of their flogs either retired or transferred, I've moved my antipathy to other teams.

Gardner and Young are pretty much on par and by par I mean they're serviceably middle of the road placeholders in teams that either dont have or have better players injured.

Neither are particularly good at defending the man when isolated and both have suspect skills with ball in hand.

The one attribute that they do to an adequate level is punch the high ball in packs.

Beyond that, they're much of a blandness.

View attachment 1427693

Just watching him last night, there were a couple of times he kicked it from the backline to the wing and by the time the ball was entering 50 on the next kick, he was already there. Huge tank. I hope it all clicks cos we do look better with him out there
I know what you're getting at but I always find it funny that we can still be surprised. He was a pick 2 in the draft for a reason!!

I actually like quite a few of their players now - Taylor, Riccardi, Hill...and always liked Kelly and Haynes. With so many of their flogs either retired or transferred, I've moved my antipathy to other teams.
Same. Now that mild-mannered Mr Greene has decided to turn his attention to football, I can unleash the full force of my loathing on that team down the Princes Freeway 😼

Gardner and Young are pretty much on par and by par I mean they're serviceably middle of the road placeholders in teams that either dont have or have better players injured.

Neither are particularly good at defending the man when isolated and both have suspect skills with ball in hand.

The one attribute that they do to an adequate level is punch the high ball in packs.

Beyond that, they're much of a blandness.

View attachment 1427693
if you are using those stats to support what you are saying they show Lewy to be quite a bit better

if you are using those stats to support what you are saying they show Lewy to be quite a bit better
Im aware of the slight differences. The point is that I think it shows them both to be very ordinary and having one or the other isn't going to make a significant difference to our side.

Let alone address a obvious structural issue that has been apparent with our kpd stocks for years.

The grass is not always greener and absence does not make the heart grow fonder.

Last edited:
Im aware of the slight differences. The point is that I think it shows them both to be very ordinary and having one or the other isn't going to make a significant difference to our side.

Let alone address a obvious structural issue that has been apparent with our kpd stocks for years.

The grass is not always greener and absence does not make the heart grow fonder.

Blues seem very happy with him
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

After watching the game again, two points from me:

Bont's carrying an injury and it's restricting him quite a bit.

Caleb Daniel is worth every cent, and every year, of his new contract. So cool under pressure, very measured user of the ball and every opposition player know he's around. One of the pillars of our side.

Caleb Daniel is worth every cent, and every year, of his new contract. So cool under pressure, very measured user of the ball and every opposition player know he's around. One of the pillars of our side.
Glad somebody agrees with me on this. He's become a bit of a whipping boy of late. Unjustly in my view.

I've seen Lewis Young's name pop up in the AFLCA award a few times. Can't recall if Gardner has made an appearance.

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Bont's carrying an injury and it's restricting him quite a bit.

that piece of pay where he handballed to treloar , but treloar had already turned his back and so he caught his own handball!

The differences in the stats are more than slight. Lewy rates higher in just about every index by a minimum of 10% and mostly 20-30%. His supercoach and AFL Fantasy average scores are not bad, putting him level with the mighty Astro's rating in last week's game for example - and above 9 other players. In games we have lost by narrow margins, maybe a small advantage could have been the difference.
If we had kept him nobody knows whether he would be doing any better than Gards [who I fully hope continues to improve and be an important player for us]. But it seems that being allowed to settle into a position that suits him has helped make him a better player.

Real Housewives Of Orange County Discussion GIF

Back