Is the top 4 set?

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Love the optimism being shown towards my mob but as a very long term member and going to as many games as I can, I don’t think we are playing overly well. I’ll be shocked if we get near the top 4 based on current form. A win on Saturday and we are a chance but not confident at all.

You have a healthy list, if that continues you can beat anyone

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
Top 4 set now IMO. Despite how close it is. Always thought Cats would take our spot.
It's the next 4 that's up in the air. Probably 7 teams in contention.
I think/hope that Blues will make it, but we have all 4 teams in the top 4 coming, plus another top 8 in the Saints, and Pies who are only out by percentage, plus playing the next month without Weitering, Pitto and Williams and very little backup left for the back 6.

masai tu

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
That’s how good teams do it. I just hope you guys don’t get the yips in finals. You guys winning the flag but Fyfe not getting the norm Smith would be good for me. Can’t have him catching Dusty

Brayshaw will probs win it anyway if you guys win it tbh. Such a gun.

Hey don’t worry about Fyfe for the Norm Smith, it’s will go to a very worthy winner, ..... Dave Mundy.

Phipppppa

Club Legend
Jan 8, 2022
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Done a quick squiggle ladder predictor to pass some time. Here’s how it turned out.

1. Fremantle 17-5-0
2. Melbourne 16-6-0
3. Brisbane 16-6-0
4. Richmond 15-7-0
5. Geelong 15-7-0
6. Sydney 15-7-0
7. Carlton 14-8-0
8. St Kilda 13-9-0

Very close top 4. Even closer top 8 in general.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Done a quick squiggle ladder predictor to pass some time. Here’s how it turned out.

1. Fremantle 17-5-0
2. Melbourne 16-6-0
3. Brisbane 16-6-0
4. Richmond 15-7-0
5. Geelong 15-7-0
6. Sydney 15-7-0
7. Carlton 14-8-0
8. St Kilda 13-9-0

wouldve loved to play wce for the % boost early in season

now theyre competitive and will win a few games imo

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Many were writing off Melbourne last season this time, they'll bounce back, even with Gawn missing for who knows how long. Not like they solely rely on clearances. Hard to see them dropping out of the top 4. I think people are overrating Geelong too. Yes, we played well for our standards, but they barely scraped over the line against us, and have looked unconvincing at times. If they make top 4 expect straight sets exit. Brisbane and Freo could be the faves if Gawn is out too long, however. Very even at rhe top atm.

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
I think people are overrating Geelong too. Yes, we played well for our standards, but they barely scraped over the line against us, and have looked unconvincing at times. If they make top 4 expect straight sets exit. Brisbane and Freo could be the faves if Gawn is out too long, however. Very even at rhe top atm.

I agree.
Having this same conversation on the Cats board. Our supporters are trying to tell me no one is rating Geelong.

If we make top four, we won't exit in straight sets though. We win either the first or second and get pummeled in the prelim. If we finish 5th, we probably win week 1 (versus 8th placed team other than the Bulldogs if they made it) and lose week 2.

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
lol wth. they're both great man, just embrace it

fyfe doing well doesn't diminish Martin's achievements

Yeah but it’s just in pub talk when you debate who’s a better player. Would you prefer a player that has 2 Brownlows and 1 norm Smith or 1 Brownlow and 3 norm smiths? I’d take the latter but maybe I’m a bit bias

Jun 12, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah but it’s just in pub talk when you debate who’s a better player. Would you prefer a player that has 2 Brownlows and 1 norm Smith or 1 Brownlow and 3 norm smiths? I’d take the latter but maybe I’m a bit bias
Fyfe should have 3 Brownlows cruelled by injury
If you take out his first two years in the system when his getting a feel for the place he’s played 16+ games 5 times for 2 Brownlows 2 mvps 3 AA 3 bnf.
In the same draft but dusty has played 63 more games (3 seasons worth).
Imagine if Fyfe had Dusty’s durability 😳

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
No it’s not IMO. 1-9 can still make top 4. I’m close to rule out St Kilda due to their tough draw, but want to see what they do the next couple of weeks first.

Collingwood is the dark horse to watch. They have an easy draw and have already defeated all the teams they double up against (Essendon, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Melbourne, and Carlton). I wouldn’t rule them out against any of them in the second match.

Outside of the double-ups, the hardest they have is Sydney at the SCG, which is manageable for them. They just need to beat all the teams they should, which includes GWS and Port Adelaide at the MCG. They’ve struggled beating interstate sides in Melbourne lately, so they’re obviously not locks to make it. However, their potential to make it is underrated IMO.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
M
Many were writing off Melbourne last season this time, they'll bounce back, even with Gawn missing for who knows how long. Not like they solely rely on clearances. Hard to see them dropping out of the top 4. I think people are overrating Geelong too. Yes, we played well for our standards, but they barely scraped over the line against us, and have looked unconvincing at times. If they make top 4 expect straight sets exit. Brisbane and Freo could be the faves if Gawn is out too long, however. Very even at rhe top atm.
Melbourne are tearing themselves apart from the inside.
Will be an interesting couple of weeks to watch to see if they can bounce back..

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood

1. Fremantle 17-5-0
2. Melbourne 16-6-0
3. Brisbane 16-6-0
4. Richmond 15-7-0
5. Geelong 15-7-0
6. Sydney 15-7-0
7. Carlton 14-8-0
8. St Kilda 13-9-0

Fair enough, but I just don't see how you think Saints finish higher than Pies with their run home?

They play:

Sydney x2
Carlton
Freo
Geelong
Brisbane

Dogs
WCE
Hawks

We play:

Melbourne
Sydney
Carlton

GWS
GC
Port
Essendon
Adelaide
North

I mean, look it could happen but to actually predict that, there has to be some Collingwood hate ESPECIALLY considering the form of us versus the form of the Saints.

Phipppppa

Club Legend
Jan 8, 2022
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Fair enough, but I just don't see how you think Saints finish higher than Pies with their run home?

They play:

Sydney x2
Carlton
Freo
Geelong
Brisbane

Dogs
WCE
Hawks

We play:

Melbourne
Sydney
Carlton

GWS
GC
Port
Essendon
Adelaide
North

I mean, look it could happen but to actually predict that, there has to be some Collingwood hate ESPECIALLY considering the form of us versus the form of the Saints.

Mate I just pressed which team I think would win. That’s just how it came out.

Could probably switch those 2.

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Fyfe should have 3 Brownlows cruelled by injury
If you take out his first two years in the system when his getting a feel for the place he’s played 16+ games 5 times for 2 Brownlows 2 mvps 3 AA 3 bnf.
In the same draft but dusty has played 63 more games (3 seasons worth).
Imagine if Fyfe had Dusty’s durability

Players aren’t judged on If’s and But’s mate. Him not being durable is actually part of his playing ability. His body isn’t good/tough enough, it’s part of who is his and part of his game.

Jun 12, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Players aren’t judged on If’s and But’s mate. Him not being durable is actually part of his playing ability. His body isn’t good/tough enough, it’s part of who is his and part of his game.
I totally understand that, that’s why Pav is our number 1 but I can dream and it’s just a friendly reminder for those playing at home of the quality of a fit Fyfe.
Like modra because of injury people sometimes forget how good he was.
kicked 150 goals in his first 31 games of AFL let that sink in.

I totally understand that, that’s why Pav is our number 1 but I can dream and it’s just a friendly reminder for those playing at home of the quality of a fit Fyfe.
Like modra because of injury people sometimes forget how good he was.
kicked 150 goals in his first 31 games of AFL let that sink in.
Ah I see I’ve entered the Sean Rusling thread by mistake

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I agree.
Having this same conversation on the Cats board. Our supporters are trying to tell me no one is rating Geelong.

If we make top four, we won't exit in straight sets though. We win either the first or second and get pummeled in the prelim. If we finish 5th, we probably win week 1 (versus 8th placed team other than the Bulldogs if they made it) and lose week 2.

I've noticed every side struggles to score at times (I mean that's normal, but seriously struggles). There's no team that can consistently score no matter what like Richmond a few years ago, or any of the great dynasties.

The_Eagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2005
North Fremantle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
australia
If Fyfe won the Norm Smith recency bias would propel him to Dusty status, who is in All Time category probably, not just “modern” great
Judd has 2 Brownlows and Norm, what a champion

Back