Fantasy 2022 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
draft.png

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
MFL Draft Grades have me having the third best draft lol.

My Draft Grades. In no order. More commentary than grades.

GG - Quantity vs Quality. 12 picks but most of them deep sleepers or practice squad material who won't pan out or won't even contribute year one. Tho there were a few potentially good picks, and a couple actually top value going by NFL projections.

BPG - 14 picks, many in the first couple of rounds. BPG scooped up a lot of highly rated players. I don't think ALL of them will be studs, but you can't fault the drafting itself.

TGBB - Only a handful of picks, and maybe it doesn't seem splashy, but his roster is one of the best, the defending champ too, so the additions made were strategic, filling needs.

PB74 - 11 picks. AReich West is like the AFCW arms race here. PB74 helped himself big time. I'd say 95% of his selections are astute with huge upside.

BGT2119 - Handful of picks, reckon about half or just over half of them are top selections.

ADP - Again, handful of picks, again probably half or just over half of them are top selections.

DRD23 - Less than a handful of picks. Who am I to critique, but I don't think the haul is particularly strong.

ARAKAAN - Same as Drd23 imo. Maybe one or two top picks. But this is what happens when you only have 2-4 picks scattered across 6 rounds, it can SEEM like a mediocre haul.

STRINGER - Only had two picks. Made the most of them. #1 overall but also Sauce in the late rounds seems like a hit too.

DAGLESS - Only three picks, again, made the most of them.

WRU - Different situation here. Taking over a neglected roster with certain holes, he did very well across all six rounds whenever his picks came up.

LENNY - Three early picks, hard to go wrong, he made the most of them.

SHINY - Three picks, one early, two late. All good selections given that situation, going a whole 4 rounds sitting and waiting.

JSHUT - A good situation. Made seven picks, all in the early rounds and didn't miss. Had even more picks late that were traded. But the haul he got should give a huge shot in the arm to his roster this season, and gives him decent QB ammo moving forward given where his QB situation was pre-auction/draft.

BLACKY - Just two picks, made the most of them. Top LB and big upside TE.

DIXIE - Had a pick each round pretty much, spread out evenly unlike most others with 4-14 picks who had a gaggle of multiple picks either early, mid, and/or late. But sitting there at the end of each round and taking a top player each round. Really like what he did given that. It's easy for others with 4 picks in the 1st round, or all their 4 picks in the first two rounds, or had five picks in a row mid-4th etc to get a concentration of good players. Sitting and waiting one pick per end of the round is difficult to accrue talent, but Dixie did it brilliantly.

WRU666

Senior List
May 25, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Assume I don’t have to really think about my taxi until roster cuts are required?

Also I still haven’t paid anything. Can you pls send me details of what/where I need to pay

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Assume I don’t have to really think about my taxi until roster cuts are required?

Also I still haven’t paid anything. Can you pls send me details of what/where I need to pay
Taxi is for rookies only, so you can stash rookies on there now, and any rookies you get from waivers can be placed there now or later. Max 9. So if someone has 15 rookies currently I guess they eventually have to decide which 9 to put there and whether they release others or leave them on active.

By the way ...rookies can be moved to taxi, to active, back to taxi unlimited times during the season. Theyre not stuck there once there. Same with IR...any eligible player can be moved there or out of there unlimited times

As for payment... Send $28.50 to paypal gg.v69.exe@outlook.com but dont write any description like "for fantasy or empire etc" leave no description, and send the payment as a gift (so paypal doesnt tax it, take their cut).

Theres no rush to pay yet. I usually ask for payment toward the end of the season so that theres no risk of paypal taking the money out of my account or some other unforeseen thing. There have been incidences of paypal stripping peoples accounts of money collected for fantasy play.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Oh i see.

The MFL draft grade link is based on redraft leagues. So they think our entire pre-existing roster is one half of the draft analysis PLUS adding in further grades on the actual rookie draft.

The first paragraph of all our summaries is evaluating our total roster, why they mention with th pick and no player name mentioned part...thats that...and then the following paragraphs where they say who our best and worst rookie picks were, actually naming the player, is based on the actual rookie draft.

So going by total rosters....they calculate Blacky being the best roster, then Drd23, then me. Etc down the list. And then all 16 of us got told who our best and worst rookie picks were based on ADP rankings.

Good to know I have a formidable roster for a change.

Oh i see.

The MFL draft grade link is based on redraft leagues. So they think our entire pre-existing roster is one half of the draft analysis PLUS adding in further grades on the actual rookie draft.

The first paragraph of all our summaries is evaluating our total roster, why they mention with th pick and no player name mentioned part...thats that...and then the following paragraphs where they say who our best and worst rookie picks were, actually naming the player, is based on the actual rookie draft.

So going by total rosters....they calculate Blacky being the best roster, then Drd23, then me. Etc down the list. And then all 16 of us got told who our best and worst rookie picks were based on ADP rankings.

Good to know I have a formidable roster for a change.
where does it show rooster rankings?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
where does it show rooster rankings?

yea, its pretty tilting the draft summary on MFL, has been a meme for years now, surely its not that hard to incorporate Fantasy Pros or Keep Trade Cut's rookie rankings into their system for dynasty drafts, even if IDP's aren't ranked, it would at least show they care.

MFL Draft Grades have me having the third best draft lol.

My Draft Grades. In no order. More commentary than grades.

GG - Quantity vs Quality. 12 picks but most of them deep sleepers or practice squad material who won't pan out or won't even contribute year one. Tho there were a few potentially good picks, and a couple actually top value going by NFL projections.

BPG - 14 picks, many in the first couple of rounds. BPG scooped up a lot of highly rated players. I don't think ALL of them will be studs, but you can't fault the drafting itself.

TGBB - Only a handful of picks, and maybe it doesn't seem splashy, but his roster is one of the best, the defending champ too, so the additions made were strategic, filling needs.

PB74 - 11 picks. AReich West is like the AFCW arms race here. PB74 helped himself big time. I'd say 95% of his selections are astute with huge upside.

BGT2119 - Handful of picks, reckon about half or just over half of them are top selections.

ADP - Again, handful of picks, again probably half or just over half of them are top selections.

DRD23 - Less than a handful of picks. Who am I to critique, but I don't think the haul is particularly strong.

ARAKAAN - Same as Drd23 imo. Maybe one or two top picks. But this is what happens when you only have 2-4 picks scattered across 6 rounds, it can SEEM like a mediocre haul.

STRINGER - Only had two picks. Made the most of them. #1 overall but also Sauce in the late rounds seems like a hit too.

DAGLESS - Only three picks, again, made the most of them.

WRU - Different situation here. Taking over a neglected roster with certain holes, he did very well across all six rounds whenever his picks came up.

LENNY - Three early picks, hard to go wrong, he made the most of them.

SHINY - Three picks, one early, two late. All good selections given that situation, going a whole 4 rounds sitting and waiting.

JSHUT - A good situation. Made seven picks, all in the early rounds and didn't miss. Had even more picks late that were traded. But the haul he got should give a huge shot in the arm to his roster this season, and gives him decent QB ammo moving forward given where his QB situation was pre-auction/draft.

BLACKY - Just two picks, made the most of them. Top LB and big upside TE.

DIXIE - Had a pick each round pretty much, spread out evenly unlike most others with 4-14 picks who had a gaggle of multiple picks either early, mid, and/or late. But sitting there at the end of each round and taking a top player each round. Really like what he did given that. It's easy for others with 4 picks in the 1st round, or all their 4 picks in the first two rounds, or had five picks in a row mid-4th etc to get a concentration of good players. Sitting and waiting one pick per end of the round is difficult to accrue talent, but Dixie did it brilliantly.

Was happy enough with my draft, I could regret taking Williams over Olave and Sky Moore given the situation, hoping talent wins out.

Glad I traded for Ridder as early reports are positive and seem to indicate he could even start over Mariota in week 1. Even if he doesn't work out long term at least I should get a look at him this year to see what I have.

Happy with Shakir there, regret missing Leal and Andersen with my later 4th.

Self grade: B

Last edited:
looking for half decent DT's (maybe CB's also) on cheapish contracts, dont have to be stars. Willing to trade players like Rondale Moore or draft picks for them, depending on the player.

Did anyone else put a claim in for Okonkwo? Interested to know if I could have got him in a later round of waivers than round 1. (had him in round 4 and changed it yesterday)

I had claims in for Brooks (round 3) and Awuzie (round 4) and missed both. :(

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Did anyone else put a claim in for Okonkwo? Interested to know if I could have got him in a later round of waivers than round 1. (had him in round 4 and changed it yesterday)

I had claims in for Brooks (round 3) and Awuzie (round 4) and missed both. :(
Previously processed waiver link....

Previously processed waiver link....

cheers mate, god damn it, could have got him in round 4 as no one else put a claim in.

No one else had a claim for Okonkwo. Drd23 stole Sam Williams from me. Peterbuch also missed out on Chidobe Awuzie.

You got both the FA rbs I was keen on most Chestnut (in the draft) and Brooks.

Drd23 also missed out on JT Woods who went to WRU666 and ADP aldo missed out on Tyler Badie who went to Drd23

Badie was only an emergency if I didnt get Smith in the last round of my waiver claims, only put in 3 rounds of claims for rookies to fill my taxi squad with.

Back