What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Mick F

Mighty Snr
Dec 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I can't imagine someone as aggressive and combative as he is would ever have been capable of doing his job as a copper. He would've turned handbags at ten paces into a full blown riot without even trying.
He was on stress leave, angling for a large lump sum Comp payout. Realised his prospects of promotion were minimal.

His opinion, of himself, wasn’t matched by colleagues. They left cans of Pal on his desk - highly inappropriate bullying, but clear what they thought of him.

Can you name a government that didnt waste billions ?
Simpler to name the 4 that did, than the others that did not!
Howard, Abbott, Turnbull, Morrison.

Because no Labor government ever wasted money? I can admit all those governments wasted billions. And you cant name one Labor government which did?
I never said that.
Name a single other government that wasted "Billions"
Off you go champ.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
I had heard these right wing bots were pretty sophisticated these days.

If this is what they are churning out these days, might need a little more work.
Sh*t ignorant, mate!
Tell me what you churn out? Instead smartarse little comments with nothing else, some substance
maybe.
If you have something worthwhile, say it. I never understand one or two liners who say nothing.

Its like you have nothing to say!

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Sh*t ignorant, mate!
Tell me what you churn out? Instead smartarse little comments with nothing else, some substance
maybe.
If you have something worthwhile, say it. I never understand one or two liners who say nothing.

rofl u critiquing others for not having anything worthwhile 2 say. u just regurgitate right wing f**kwittery.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sh*t ignorant, mate!
maybe.

What do you actually want Dutton to do if he becomes Prime Minister? What policies are you interested in?

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
What do you actually want Dutton to do if he becomes Prime Minister? What policies are you interested in?

boat fail GIF

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Explains alot, just need a jetski for your profile pic

View attachment 1427319
I'm not quite sure what you mean, the people I knocked in the Albo bit, are the f***ers that I followed all my life even actively and unions???
f**k did I learn about that s**t.
And I lost every ounce of confidence in the ALP and the ABC and some of the foul turds in the media and identity politics and character assassination, even effing Bolt rubbished the s**t out of Morrison. Hell I well swept away from my roots, after about 50 plus years, so I get to say that there is a lot of stuff that people believe about what we have now that is total falsehoods and global warming is one, killing jobs is another, really whats your opinion.
I didn't think Aussies were c***s who snapped people from behind,
You see I am a person who speaks what I believe not an effing gutless smartarsed comment from god knows who with nothing to say. yep I got on BF about 16 years ago, found some rude bastards on here, like I can be sometimes, but I don't get the date thing, I actually mentioned the date in a footy comment, so wheres the point?
Wouldn't it be better to put your real thoughts up on a political site, of some kind.
I guess it is because a lot of you have no idea what you are on about.
But perhaps you can explain the jet-ski s**t, the "says a lot"comment come on?
And what ever it means to put that stuff up. Maybe its a joke I don't get. I think there is a Iittle spite there?
I guess we are all armchair hero's on a computer.
Are you comedians ?
But, what I seem to think maybe is you having a shot at me, if your not then explain what on earth you mean, I got a feeling I may be quite a lot older than you , and I do feel a bit f***ed over when I get one liners and your comment in a profile copy, so what do you mean, seriously, because you really said nothing, and whether you are being a smartarse or not. I am maybe past understanding.

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I'm not quite sure what you mean, the people I knocked in the Albo bit, are the f***ers that I followed all my life even actively and unions???
f**k did I learn about that s**t.
And I lost every ounce of confidence in the ALP and the ABC and some of the foul turds in the media and identity politics and character assassination, even effing Bolt rubbished the s**t out of Morrison. Hell I well swept away from my roots, after about 50 plus years, so I get to say that there is a lot of stuff that people believe about what we have now that is total falsehoods and global warming is one, killing jobs is another, really whats your opinion.
I didn't think Aussies were c***s who snapped people from behind,
You see I am a person who speaks what I believe not an effing gutless smartarsed comment from god knows who with nothing to say. yep I got on BF about 16 years ago, found some rude bastards on here, like I can be sometimes, but I don't get the date thing, I actually mentioned the date in a footy comment, so wheres the point?
Wouldn't it be better to put your real thoughts up on a political site, of some kind.
I guess it is because a lot of you have no idea what you are on about.
But perhaps you can explain the jet-ski s**t, the "says a lot"comment come on?
And what ever it means to put that stuff up. Maybe its a joke I don't get. I think there is a Iittle spite there?
I guess we are all armchair hero's on a computer.
Are you comedians ?
But, what I seem to think maybe is you having a shot at me, if your not then explain what on earth you mean, I got a feeling I may be quite a lot older than you , and I do feel a bit f***ed over when I get one liners and your comment in a profile copy, so what do you mean, seriously, because you really said nothing, and whether you are being a smartarse or not. I am maybe past understanding.

I feel threats of bots increasing intelligence is greatly exaggerated

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dutton has a strong personality comes over as someone who may lead better and with more force than Morrison screw Morrisons religious stuff, nothing to do with him as pm.
Only the bad mouthing left ABC would think differently, and mention it, those like Laura and L. Milligan, Triolli, F. Kelly P. Barry.
What I hated was the character assassination of Morrison from the bushfire nonsense to this election, I saw that Ryan thing from the Teals too when I was home in Melbourne recently what a peace of preference work, she was. Teals.... the "get Morrison out" party with preferences.

ALP behaving in everything like they were not ALP. Albanese trying to compare himself to Bob or Paul. What a laugh.

Policies I am interested in is firstly Jobs and industrial rebuilding in this country, my main beef is I think (not through any indoctrination from others)
just my own thinking and you get to do that when you retire, you read and think and watch and you know what you believe and age tells what is bullsh*t! but some folk can't do that. They follow only, some just don't think at all.

So in explaining that, I tell you this, I am convinced of, the fact global warming is a load of politically driven garbage,
(and no I am not a conspiracy nut either, vaccines and COVID are all real) The globe has warmed and cooled forever .

But you see climate change too is real, in fact climate has changed for ever, which, perhaps you have read, as has science that it has changed since we came out of Africa, and millions of years before, all of earths time when it cooled from molten rock!
We have had ice ages and warming.
During the last ice age melt,as the warming went on things went out of control for a few hundred years. Warming actually saved the prehistoric human being!
During the melt caused, a problem came to humanity, by the forming of a gigantic ice lake, ( yeah look it up) that we began our history of being what we are now, and living in relative terms, a nice calm climate, even with our disasters.

Rambling a bit now but you see common sense tells you that we know all this to a degree, and no one was building coal fire power stations 10 OR 12 THOUSAND years ago!

So global warming and cooling and melting has been and gone forever and now is no different when some science will tell you that we are stuffed and others will tell you differently because, it is theory and some mathematics, and disputed, confounding easily led people.

That climate green nonsense is the basis for Albanese and his cronies and their renewable policies! Which may not be to say, renewables are useless but they don't do the job , yet!
And may never, if the greenies were serious we'd be exporting Uranium and building Nuclear energy plants a long way off yet, but they will come , maybe even before Albo's 2050 zero garbage. He'll be well gone by then. So will I.
So there is another policy type of thing I would see Dutton doing, I don't think he'd keep knocking down coal fired power stations while several other nations build in numbers, in the hundreds, just reported recently. More coal fired power stations.Andrews bans gas exploration.

So Dutton I don't think would kill coal or gas or begin a renewables frantic policy attempt to make renewables the only power provider to us as a one and only base load power, that's needed! To generate what we piddly little 25 million Australians need to live our modern life.

Albanese and the angry little t**ser Bowen and the ratbag Bandt, from the maddest Green party in the world, their policies aim at that..
I think with the job killing, business will fall off, our industrial advancement since we tossed our factories and business s' into "cheaper" sweat shop countries. will not progress anywhere, like the bulldust that the super promiser and planner Albanese says.

He might ruin the Hunter valley, he may let green councils do a MINIMUM of underbrush clearances, bushfire breaks and clearing vulnerable forest areas. to save the environment then every one can blame Albo for the Bushfires that will come and have done for living historical memory.

I think Dutton would make sure that sensible things were done.

I believe that COVID happened and Morrisons people did as good a job as they possibly could with AZ held up in Europe , I'd say Dutton may have been tougher on the delay but who knows.

I'd also say Dutton would have told the liar Macron that he was bull dusting when he said he didn't know about the cancelling of the diesel subs that were obsolete already, henew I read 6 months before!!?? And so what happened? The Aussie media kicked Morrison in the teeth for being a liar, his own people.

As well as blaming him for bushfires droughts and floods and you name it? Even your itchy backside you could blame him for that too. Thats how terrible the crap coming from media was, Any wonder the way the sheep voted!

I reckon Dutton has the balls and the brains to be the next PM and I think Albo has not realised when you make promises to add 5.8%?? pay rise , at the same time having not only normal surplus/deficit running of a country, to look after, you also have a massive COVID debt .

Yet you promise 600,000 new jobs on renewables? You promise 82% renewable base load power by 2030 when you have no idea what and how you can achieve it.
Just what back room yea-sayers' that only want to win power tell you.

When you say too much and you fool most of the general public and you manage to win, with less of the one party preferred vote, you then have no choice but to throw a pile of pay rises at the plebeians for next time.
Because all your other plans the bullshit that has to be reneged on!!!And you have to have people who are across all aspects of what Albo is promising but he can't explain it at the press clu, or when he is asked questions by the public ( YEAH THIS BLOKE WON????)
Do you reckon Dutton would be that weak or stupid as this left wing unfortunate, an out of his time PM we put in .

Now the Solomons?? I reckon money got their strange some have other names for him, leader, bribed by the Chinese and no military was ever going to be placed there, China play their face game and rattle sabres, we need to watch them closely,.

Dutton did, don't know about Penny, sheesh I could go on that was my political rant then, what've you got Owen or JAKA?

I still have no idea what jet-ski is supposed to mean, or your profiling but I have spent ages today answering people about football and the bleeding AFL, footy, what this forum usually is about, and now I have written all this because someone makes one liners, when I like the debate or battle and I wonder who ever reads this, will understand a thing, but read carefully I'll go over it again and try to get the spelling and punctuation correct.

I do think Dutton moves in a straight line, I think he is hard, I think his idea of facing China diplomatically and forcefully is better than licking their backsides.

I think Dutton would have a great policy, started by the Morrison gov, to find new and good decent trading partners, WE CAN TRUST!

Keeping our close alliance with the USA and the UK , Japan, Canada our brothers in New Zealand our SE Asian neighbours, very strong and close I hope Albanese has the brains to do that,.
Unfortunately I am not comfortable with Penny Wong, I find her cold cruel, and a career politician that cares only for political gain.

And I being a union person and from a labor background and active, I have seen that my party has died since that Rudd turned up, and his treacherous so called Liberal mate Turnbull Traitor.
I also remember Kathy J? Her friend from the Union who did some time, I just saw things my idealistic silly little brain could not believe with the union
They are super wealthy get donations from some super companies I read somewhere. Their numbers ofrank and file have dropped to about 15% of the working public.

So I CHANGED MY THINKING NO ONE ELSE CHANGED IT I DID..

Nothing is perfect, but maybe you can write something to tell me, YOUR WHYS AND WHERE-FORES as well as jet-ski man, he might say something meanwhile I will get off this damned computer I think you may not be able to answer all that today . And really when you look around at this crazy world , well computer bullshit can get you depressed let me tell ya!

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Dutton has a strong personality comes over as someone who may lead better and with more force

I'm not sure a 'forceful' leader is a good leader. Morrison was forceful. Putin is forceful. Trump was forceful.

All failed their people.

I am convinced of, the fact global warming is a load of politically driven garbage

But you see climate change too is real

So which is it? Of course climate has fluctuated for a long term before humans existed, but there's little doubt we're having some impact upon the climate, and we're very rapidly burning through the finite resources we do have. It's not sustainable, even ignoring any climate related issues.

That climate green nonsense is the basis for Albanese and his cronies and their renewable policies! Which may not be to say, renewables are useless but they don't do the job , yet!

Renewables are the future. Coal et al are finite. We should be a world leader in renewable energy. For now, and the future.

More coal fired power stations.

That would be moving backwards.

I think with the job killing

Renewables are exactly the kind of high-skill manufacturing we could move towards, as opposed to more coal, and we can't compete on the international cheap labour market to manufacture common goods.

I think Dutton would make sure that sensible things were done.

We would disagree on what we consider sensible though, so he'd do things you consider sensible, not necessarily reflective of the broader public given the most recent election.

The Aussie media kicked Morrison in the teeth for being a liar, his own people

You're upset that the Aussie media didn't simply give Morrison a free pass? Because the media are meant to be 'his own people'?

Should the media be affiliated with a political party?

As well as blaming him for bushfires droughts and floods and you name it?

People blamed him for his appalling handling of it. Staying on holiday? The "I don't hold a hose mate" argument? The "it's not a race" line? At every turn Morrison washed his hands of any responsibility for any kind of leadership.

He was an abject failure.

I do think Dutton moves in a straight line

On this I'd agree. I think it's a bad line, but it is a straight line.

I think his idea of facing China diplomatically and forcefully is better than licking their backsides.

Yes, a country we need more than they need us, very sensible to actively try to piss them off. Most of the rocks we dig out of the ground get sold to them. A sensible approach would be to maintain a good, functional, relationship with China along with other countries. Dutton's 'yellow peril' line might appeal to a small subset of the population, but isn't a viable long-term trading strategy.

As best I can tell you want some kind of Dutton dictatorship instead of a consultative process that looks at what the people of Australia are demanding and voting for, given most of the things you propose were all voting issues that Morrison got soundly beaten on.

Morrison's term was a failure, he achieved very little and his magnum opus was going to be his religious discrimination bill that he couldn't even get across the line. His legacy is one of failure and ignorance. The LNP had a massive opportunity when they knifed Turnbull to redirect the party for the future with Bishop, couldn't handle it, balked at choosing Dutton and ended up with Morrison.

Now we've got Dutton and it's far from convincing that he'll make the necessary choices to bring the LNP in to the modern world.

masai tu

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’m scratching my head here.

I watched the election coverage, and people were having a go at the ABC commentators for being so obviously right wing orientated. They were said to be sad sacks.

Now I’m being told that the ABC commentators are a bunch of lefties.

Make your flipping mind up !!.

The truth may be in the middle, the ABC gives lot’s of differing options an airing.

I'm not sure a 'forceful' leader is a good leader. Morrison was forceful. Putin is forceful. Trump was forceful.

All failed their people.

So which is it? Of course climate has fluctuated for a long term before humans existed, but there's little doubt we're having some impact upon the climate, and we're very rapidly burning through the finite resources we do have. It's not sustainable, even ignoring any climate related issues.

Renewables are the future. Coal et al are finite. We should be a world leader in renewable energy. For now, and the future.

That would be moving backwards.

Renewables are exactly the kind of high-skill manufacturing we could move towards, as opposed to more coal, and we can't compete on the international cheap labour market to manufacture common goods.

We would disagree on what we consider sensible though, so he'd do things you consider sensible, not necessarily reflective of the broader public given the most recent election.

You're upset that the Aussie media didn't simply give Morrison a free pass? Because the media are meant to be 'his own people'?

Should the media be affiliated with a political party?

People blamed him for his appalling handling of it. Staying on holiday? The "I don't hold a hose mate" argument? The "it's not a race" line? At every turn Morrison washed his hands of any responsibility for any kind of leadership.

He was an abject failure.

On this I'd agree. I think it's a bad line, but it is a straight line.

Yes, a country we need more than they need us, very sensible to actively try to piss them off. Most of the rocks we dig out of the ground get sold to them. A sensible approach would be to maintain a good, functional, relationship with China along with other countries. Dutton's 'yellow peril' line might appeal to a small subset of the population, but isn't a viable long-term trading strategy.

As best I can tell you want some kind of Dutton dictatorship instead of a consultative process that looks at what the people of Australia are demanding and voting for, given most of the things you propose were all voting issues that Morrison got soundly beaten on.

Morrison's term was a failure, he achieved very little and his magnum opus was going to be his religious discrimination bill that he couldn't even get across the line. His legacy is one of failure and ignorance. The LNP had a massive opportunity when they knifed Turnbull to redirect the party for the future with Bishop, couldn't handle it, balked at choosing Dutton and ended up with Morrison.

Now we've got Dutton and it's far from convincing that he'll make the necessary choices to bring the LNP in to the modern world.
Good coherent response.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Your post was a diatribe of nonsensical rantings. Unfortunately facts and science dont care for culture wars.

You think Dutton is so great - look up how his police mates thought of him when he resigned. From reports they left dog food on his desk.
So you go back in time once again like your poor unfortunate Labor mates and "Reports?" you use nothing but identity politics, now we have his reputation as a cop do we?
And how many in depth interviews have you done with his past friends colleagues police and ex police or family,all those without an axe to grind,but.

The problem is with you who insult is you have no answer the other way, you are simply ignorant of any ability to put your own words to anything you believe.
You read my "rant" and I know how to do rant for sure!
People annoy the hell out of me, who have nothing to say.
Are you are incapable of any detail of what you really think, you have nothing to say!

A diatribe of nonsensical rantings?
Well have the courage to have a rant yourself and say what you think and mean, instead of a dumb arsed gutless bit of nasty.
Or maybe I hit the spot, makes you angry, must do, for you to waste your precious time on a diatribe. It lessens you.

Is that is all your good for, then get off the politics site if you have nothing to say about politics,just smart mouth garbage you throw at someone who says what they mean.

Rant?
Whatever foolish people with nothing to say call it, I say it how I believe it, what the F do you believe in and why, the only thing I 'd change in that "rant" is that Dutton hasn't yet pulled the LNP out of the insanity of zero emissions yet, they still aim for that idiotic number that is impossible to get to.

He must still have that fear like Morrison of the silent majority that want jobs and industry and don't believe we are killing off the planet,
(but might not vote for him)
Climate has changed now and in the past before and forever, but it is not a world destroyer, we are not the culprit and only nature determines what happens here.

Yet it makes dolts, like Bowen and Albanese bring up policies of destruction of base load as a major policy , its a policy belief of unreality, and panic and fear, and other nations build Coal fire power stations around the world, science does dispute the ppm into the atmosphere no science is one hundred percent.

Policy driven by fanatical political ideology, not facts, just propaganda threaten our very existence as a nation.
Whether you know it or not climate change has governed human evolution for the time humans were on earth and way way before!

ALP behaviour and the ABC and others leave me baffled as to what fools we have in parliament, and what fascist styled politicking does?

How vitriol and hatred seemed to be the ALP 's way about campaigning and lots fell for it.

They maybe a good Gov in the end , (BUT????) except for the idiocy of climate panic, they probably can't be a good government!

We have no action to take against nature. There is no such thing as action on climate, you can clean pollution and the earth and waters, and develop renewables could take centuries, we could use and start now developing nuclear clean power, it could be twenty years before that operates even that is earlier than this idiotic 2050 zero.

That is one thing Dutton needs to put his copper boot on, the mad rush to something (renewables) that does not do the job yet. May never!

Got anything? Or not a thing at all? And have some manners.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
So you go back in time once again like your poor unfortunate Labor mates and "Reports?" you use nothing but identity politics, now we have his reputation as a cop do we?
And how many in depth interviews have you done with his past friends colleagues police and ex police or family,all those without an axe to grind,but.

The problem is with you who insult is you have no answer the other way, you are simply ignorant of any ability to put your own words to anything you believe.
You read my "rant" and I know how to do rant for sure!
People annoy the hell out of me, who have nothing to say.
Are you are incapable of any detail of what you really think, you have nothing to say!

A diatribe of nonsensical rantings?
Well have the courage to have a rant yourself and say what you think and mean, instead of a dumb arsed gutless bit of nasty.
Or maybe I hit the spot, makes you angry, must do, for you to waste your precious time on a diatribe. It lessens you.

Is that is all your good for, then get off the politics site if you have nothing to say about politics,just smart mouth garbage you throw at someone who says what they mean.

Rant?
Whatever foolish people with nothing to say call it, I say it how I believe it, what the F do you believe in and why, the only thing I 'd change in that "rant" is that Dutton hasn't yet pulled the LNP out of the insanity of zero emissions yet, they still aim for that idiotic number that is impossible to get to.

He must still have that fear like Morrison of the silent majority that want jobs and industry and don't believe we are killing off the planet,
(but might not vote for him)
Climate has changed now and in the past before and forever, but it is not a world destroyer, we are not the culprit and only nature determines what happens here.

Yet it makes dolts, like Bowen and Albanese bring up policies of destruction of base load as a major policy , its a policy belief of unreality, and panic and fear, and other nations build Coal fire power stations around the world, science does dispute the ppm into the atmosphere no science is one hundred percent.

Policy driven by fanatical political ideology, not facts, just propaganda threaten our very existence as a nation.
Whether you know it or not climate change has governed human evolution for the time humans were on earth and way way before!

ALP behaviour and the ABC and others leave me baffled as to what fools we have in parliament, and what fascist styled politicking does?

How vitriol and hatred seemed to be the ALP 's way about campaigning and lots fell for it.

They maybe a good Gov in the end , (BUT????) except for the idiocy of climate panic, they probably can't be a good government!

We have no action to take against nature. There is no such thing as action on climate, you can clean pollution and the earth and waters, and develop renewables could take centuries, we could use and start now developing nuclear clean power, it could be twenty years before that operates even that is earlier than this idiotic 2050 zero.

That is one thing Dutton needs to put his copper boot on, the mad rush to something (renewables) that does not do the job yet. May never!

Got anything? Or not a thing at all? And have some manners.

So the whole world is wrong, except for you and Dutton?

Back