Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What hope we got of catching City, when they’re already a 30+ points better team than us and will probably spend £200m this summer to re-strengthen their squad.

Us on the other hand, are trying relentlessly hard to get FDJ over the line which is now into its 6th week. Probably only sign 1 other player and be left with a lot of the s**t we had this year again!!!

Next season is going to be worse than the last one. And that is one hell of an achievement.

Next season is going to be worse than the last one. And that is one hell of an achievement.

Hopefully not worse in the sense of how we play. I literally hated watching us. Points tally wise, we should do better than 58, but wouldn't surprise me if we didn't.

6th or 7th is our likely finish position next season.

Eriksen would be a nice addition.

Still at a stalemate on FDJ with Barca, United know Barca need a significant sale before June 30 so seem to be holding firm on a price. Hope that doesn't backfire, not sure we need to be worrying about 10m for a player of this quality.
Fans joke about United fans and London etc but seems London is ruling you out for CE.
Return to us/conte or repay Brentford looming likely.

Fans joke about United fans and London etc but seems London is ruling you out for CE.
Return to us/conte or repay Brentford looming likely.

Spurs would no doubt be a better appeal with CL and familiarity.

Seems the signing delays is because the club is only looking at signing targets that ETH wants and not going by the recommendations of the scouts.

That’d explain the 6 week FDJ saga. :p

That's just a matter of who blinks first, it would however explain the lack of action elsewhere.

Seems the signing delays is because the club is only looking at signing targets that ETH wants and not going by the recommendations of the scouts.
Only taken 4 different managers and 10 years for us to do this.

If this is true I'm done, if Eriksen is rejecting us who the hell would want to come then.

Probably wants to go back to Spurs.

I wouldn't be concerned with what Eriksen does, he won't be a consistent starter with us or Spurs but they can offer CL.
The other clubs can offer him more game time.

It's not a crucial addition. It's just a nice freebie if you can get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way this transfer window has gone after several weeks of not being able to complete a transfer where we are the only club involved, I am now convinced that Ed Woodward wasn’t the problem. Unless we only employ idiots at the club without the ability to complete a transfer smoothly and quickly.

Every summer we are told that we will have a “flurry of activity”, when the first transfer is completed. United seem to be unique in that respect.

Woodward definitely the problem. United still need to convince selling clubs we won't be paying overs like Woodward did. Takes more than a single market to get rid of that stink.

Woodward definitely the problem. United still need to convince selling clubs we won't be paying overs like Woodward did. Takes more than a single market to get rid of that stink.

I guess I am just frustrated with nothing done. We are a mess, so buckle in for a s**t season (again).

I guess I am just frustrated with nothing done. We are a mess, so buckle in for a s**t season (again).

Many clubs haven't made a purchase.

I am actually more concerned with the lack of sales, I'm certain we have 3 or 4 purchases ready to happen.

I think its sounding likely that there's a good chance he does sign. If not it will be a lifestyle choice though like Art mentioned above, his family are apparently very settled in London.
I can see him picking Spurs over us makes sense, been there and they have CL this year.

Also, looks like the Antony interest is genuine. Tier 1s reporting it now. FDJ, Eriksen & Antony would be absolutely awesome.
Antony will a nice edition providing more competition for the wing positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back