The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I wouldn't believe a word out of Sumich's mouth. No way we would put that kind of contract in front of him anyway.

I think it's plausible West Coast could put that massive offer in front of Jackson, but defintley not Freo, you have a future young (potential) premiership core there you all want to lock away long term

Big deal every club cops injuries. Lamenting Durdin injury takes the cake
I think it's plausible West Coast could put that massive offer in front of Jackson, but defintley not Freo, you have a future young (potential) premiership core there you all want to lock away long term
They could still fit in Jackson and that contract

Yeah.. I dunno if every club cops all their KPDs out injured at once. Durdin is only relevant because of the other injuries in which case it's totally fair enough.

Of course they could fit Jackson in but surely better to keep all their players and pay them what they're worth? Guys like Brayshaw will be on serious coin soon enough.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

As SM said, Durdin is only relevant because of the injuries suffered in defense. Of course every club cops injuries but it’s pretty rare to have so many to key players and so many in one area of the ground.

I think at that money (if it takes that), you walk away. He’s not a saviour type for Fremantle, just another piece of the puzzle. So it’s easier to walk away.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Of course we could but it would be negligent to do so.

I think if Freo had Jackson right now, you would be clear cut flag favourites, but trading for him, mostly in terms of salary cap cost,could cost you down the track, but unfortunately for a club in Freo's location and demographic, you probably have to pay overs in terms of salary, to get players like him to the club, but the Sumich rumour is clearly ridiculous and inflated.

You are guys are going to smoke us on the weekend, not looking forward to it.

Hope the game is nationally live on Channel 7, not for Carlton's sake but Freo at the moment are the most fun and entertaining team to watch and deserve far more FTA games Nationwide, especially in Victoria

Yeah.. I dunno if every club cops all their KPDs out injured at once. Durdin is only relevant because of the other injuries in which case it's totally fair enough.

As SM said, Durdin is only relevant because of the injuries suffered in defense. Of course every club cops injuries but it’s pretty rare to have so many to key players and so many in one area of the ground.
Yeah agree with you both. I actually typed that and then thought …”no Bazza that’s only because it’s Carlton” …just forgot to delete when I posted on Jackson

Of course they could fit Jackson in but surely better to keep all their players and pay them what they're worth? Guys like Brayshaw will be on serious coin soon enough.
Swans managed Buddy’s big contract and didn’t lose too much. Similarly Pies probably had to let Treloar and Stephenson go to fit Grundy and Moore’s huge contract but those two were expendable

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
We lost plenty of players we otherwise would have tried to keep if not for the Buddy contract.

What hurt you the most was that inability to trade for a couple of years after the Buddy singing, which was a pure act of malice and spt on Mike Fitzpatrick's behalf cause he was financially invested in Buddy signing with GWS.I would strongly argue that petty trade embargo likely cost the Swans at least one or two premierships, and another reason I understand why Bloods/Swans fans hate Carlton so much

I think if Freo had Jackson right now, you would be clear cut flag favourites, but trading for him, mostly in terms of salary cap cost,could cost you down the track, but unfortunately for a club in Freo's location and demographic, you probably have to pay overs in terms of salary, to get players like him to the club, but the Sumich rumour is clearly ridiculous and inflated.

Not in his case. He is from a suburb not too far from Fremantle and has a real close tight knit group of friends. All reports are saying that it will not be a decision based on money as Melbourne are supposedly willing to match whatever us and WC offer.

De Goey is such a moron.

I wish Collingwood had pulled it and left the #ENOUGHISENOUGH at the end of it.
Other players go overseas and to Gold Coast during bye week. I don’t think it’s for reading books. Pies gave him permission to go. The girl did not complain about his behaviour

Other players go overseas and to Gold Coast during bye week. I don’t think it’s for reading books. Pies gave him permission to go. The girl did not complain about his behaviour

We don't know what qualifications they put on him to allow him to go. Players rarely go overseas during a bye round, if ever. It's the fact it was filmed and brings the club into disrepute on top of his previous behaviour.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I'm not suggesting they shouldn't be allowed but he knew he was already on thin ice after the NY debacle and now he's gone and made a goose of himself again. In a contract year no less.

There can't be many brain cells knocking around in that head.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
We don't know what qualifications they put on him to allow him to go. Players rarely go overseas during a bye round, if ever. It's the fact it was filmed and brings the club into disrepute on top of his previous behaviour.
Is that actually true? I genuinely have no idea but I read Darcy Moore and Jamie Elliot were also over there.

Is that actually true? I genuinely have no idea but I read Darcy Moore and Jamie Elliot were also over there.

Think it was Jordan Lewis who said players never went overseas, except Josh Gibson, but he might have been talking specifically the Hawks.

They said yesterday on News that Moore and Elliott (as Jatz mentioned) were also in Bali at the time, not directly with DeGoey. And Age article also mentioned other players do go overseas during the break. I was surprised myself.

The girl in the footage said he behaved well and nothing out of it. Tbh I still don’t understand why it’s blown up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back