Review Dogs belt the filty Plastics 125 to 105

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad somebody agrees with me on this. He's become a bit of a whipping boy of late. Unjustly in my view.

Caleb is a gun - locking him in for 4 years was great. He has been heavily tagged a few times this year , and like many others has played injured. 17 other teams would take him in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I actually like quite a few of their players now - Taylor, Riccardi, Hill...and always liked Kelly and Haynes. With so many of their flogs either retired or transferred, I've moved my antipathy to other teams.

As long as that cheat Hird is associated with them, I'll continue to dislike the disgraceful club.

I actually like quite a few of their players now - Taylor, Riccardi, Hill...and always liked Kelly and Haynes. With so many of their flogs either retired or transferred, I've moved my antipathy to other teams.
I still get a laugh out of Haynes attending the coin toss in an attempt to intimidate Bont. What a flog

I just re-watched the game. JUH had hands to the ball 4 times where a mark would have been paid to players like Cameron, Hawkins and King. They were all borderline and fair that they weren’t paid but he gets those every day of the week if you’re a higher profile player.

He’s really close to contributing properly and having three talls up there defintely helps.

On the flip side, it’s the reason we were scored against much heavier than usual. Our spare pressure man was replaced by the third tall and therefor we need to make some changes to sure that side of the game up structurally to ensure we can compete going both ways.

Sweet gets a gig again against Hawthorn so JUH and Shack both stay for sure.

10 Clearances from English. 6 Centre Clearances.

English leads our club for Centre Clearances per game, and trails only Macrae for total clearances.

His form as our number 1 ruckman is as important to our midfield functionality as every other mid that plays in there.

Will be a big loss for the next week or two.

English leads our club for Centre Clearances per game, and trails only Macrae for total clearances.

His form as our number 1 ruckman is as important to our midfield functionality as every other mid that plays in there.

Will be a big loss for the next week or two.
The intercept and contested marking around the ground will also be sorely missed

The intercept and contested marking around the ground will also be sorely missed

It’s strange that some supporters want him moved from this role.

Playing as a second ruck out of the fwd 50 limits his time around the contest, puts him up against an opposition player for longer periods in games (something he doesn’t get as the No1 ruck) which most likely will be one of the oppositions most effective defenders. He also loses the freedom to move freely around the ground to impact aerially as you can’t have one of your key fwds roaming around the ground for large parts of the game and also have an extra playing higher up, around the contest. Your fwd line won’t function all too well.

This is what is misunderstood by too
many in here. English plays the role he does as a No1 ruck, playing high minutes in that role. Once taken out of that role, we lose a lot of that output. Unless he’s going to kick 50 plus goals a year as a second ruck/fwd, his worth is as our main ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies prob wrong thread.

Tim also moved into defence taking some decent grabs against gws too.
Another key player in our premiership window.
Really concerned for big Chilly if he has any further head.knocks and took quite a few games to recover and get his confidence back after his clash / boot from Naughts.

It’s strange that some supporters want him moved from this role.

Playing as a second ruck out of the fwd 50 limits his time around the contest, puts him up against an opposition player for longer periods in games (something he doesn’t get as the No1 ruck) which most likely will be one of the oppositions most effective defenders. He also loses the freedom to move freely around the ground to impact aerially as you can’t have one of your key fwds roaming around the ground for large parts of the game and also have an extra playing higher up, around the contest. Your fwd line won’t function all too well.

This is what is misunderstood by too
many in here. English plays the role he does as a No1 ruck, playing high minutes in that role. Once taken out of that role, we lose a lot of that output. Unless he’s going to kick 50 plus goals a year as a second ruck/fwd, his worth is as our main ruck.
Schache did exactly that on the weekend, roamed around the ground freely? Only 2 of his touches were inside 50 and I reckon he would have been outside the 50 for probably upwards of 60-70% of his TOG. we’d have Timmy taking way more ruck contests than the 5-10% Schache took too.

No one wants Tim chained to FF, Id envisage him spending probably up to 70% of his game time roaming the ground whether that’s as ruck or just a high forward. Would spend plenty of time around the ball, with the added benefit of not always having to compete for the contest.

Do you think Jackson is a valuable 2nd ruck? He’s only kicked 7 goals this year, well short of the 50 he’d need to be a valuable 2nd ruck - I wonder why Freo are throwing 10 mil at him then

Schache did exactly that on the weekend, roamed around the ground freely? Only 2 of his touches were inside 50 and I reckon he would have been outside the 50 for probably upwards of 60-70% of his TOG. we’d have Timmy taking way more ruck contests than the 5-10% Schache took too.

No one wants Tim chained to FF, Id envisage him spending probably up to 70% of his game time roaming the ground whether that’s as ruck or just a high forward. Would spend plenty of time around the ball, with the added benefit of not always having to compete for the contest.

Do you think Jackson is a valuable 2nd ruck? He’s only kicked 7 goals this year, well short of the 50 he’d need to be a valuable 2nd ruck - I wonder why Freo are throwing 10 mil at him then

They’re offering him 10mil to come and be there Max Gawn ruck for the next 10 years. Not be No2.
He’s playing second fiddle now because his teammate is the best in the business.

Gawn, Grundy, Dean Cox etc. English has this kind of future ahead of him, probably over taking all bar Gawn along the way.

Why do you want to demote him to a glorified Rory Lobb role?

It’s like buying a Lambo and only using it to get milk and bread from the local once or twice a week. It does the job, and does it well. But what a f***kin waste.

How many opportunities did Schache get against GWS? He was invisible for all but a quarter and a half.

English doesn’t impact games the way he does now playing the 2nd ruck/fwd role. As nice as it was having him in that role last year, his output this year has been far better.

They’re offering him 10mil to come and be there Max Gawn ruck for the next 10 years. Not be No2.
He’s playing second fiddle now because his teammate is the best in the business.

Gawn, Grundy, Dean Cox etc. English has this kind of future ahead of him, probably over taking all bar Gawn along the way.

It’s like buying a Lambo and only using it to get milk and bread from the local once or twice a week. It does the job, and does it well. But what a f***kin waste.
So what happens to Sean Darcy then?

English taking intercept marks in the d50 was huge on Saturday. Dempsey-like. I'd rather see him float back there than be part of a three-headed forward monster, especially when there are other candidates for that.

I don't want to overstate his readiness but I could see Sam Darcy plucking those sorts of intercept marks, even if he hasn't quite got the physique yet. He reads the play very well. Maybe this year, but if not, probably next year. That's if we don't make him a forward instead ... and longer term he will probably play ruck, of course.

So what happens to Sean Darcy then?

Moves in to the 2nd role I guess. Who *in knows.

One things for certain though, If Freo are going to pay Luke Jackson $1.5 per year to play a role that’s currently filled across the league by the likes of Mason Cox,
Rowan Marshall, Ladhams, Darling, Vardy etc, they’ve got rocks in their heads.

Unless he’s playing No1, it’s the worlds worst contract offer.

As Doggy pointed out they also have Darcy who is arguably the best young ruck in the league. They’re looking at a 2 ruck partnership I’d assume Darcy a little bit more in the middle but a reasonable balance between them - say 60-40. Would be a formidable set up.

Reason I brought up Schache was not for his impact but because you claimed you can’t have a tall forward spend most of their time roaming the field - we did on the weekend and a lot of teams have similar. Ours would be better because Timmy is a genuine midfielder and would be the best at this in the league.

I want Timmy intercepting in the backline as you do, I want him as a marking target in the forward line as you do, I want him
coming up to the contest as an extra mid, I just don’t want him taking the majority of the round the ground stoppages - this is the only weakness in his game, we could hide it whilst highlighting all his strengths in the other part of the game. No reason you couldn’t have Sweet contest the throw in and Timmy come in and affect the contest at ground level and add his same spread from the contest. Timmy is at his best linking up in an offensive chain as he uses it so well - he’d do this even better without the burden of around the ground ruck contests (he’s good in the middle).

No one wants him chained to the forward line as he was last year. We’re proposing a completely different role which highlights his strengths and hides his weaknesses -

Then in 2 years when Darcy’s ready and Timmy is at his actual physical peak at 27ish he can move back into the number one role which he’d be even more ready for and have Darcy come in and take his role. Would also be a formidable set up for us, but that’s down the track.

Again I’m not going trying to get Sweet in because I don’t rate Timmy. Trust me I’d ******* love it if we had tried to bring in better options than Sweet, I really don’t rate him very highly at all - but he’s all we have. All I want to do is maximise Timmy’s output to our team and this would be the way to do it - he’s a unicorn, don’t burden him with around the ground stoppage work which he struggles with against good/big rucks.

Anyway I’m not getting dragged into this s**t again 😂 it’s never going to happen anyway

Moves in to the 2nd role I guess. Who *in knows.

One things for certain though, If Freo are going to pay Luke Jackson $1.5 per year to play a role that’s currently filled across the league by the likes of Mason Cox,
Rowan Marshall, Ladhams, Darling, Vardy etc, they’ve got rocks in their heads.

Unless he’s playing No1, it’s the worlds worst contract offer.
Yeah it’s filled by the likes of those guys - because it’s the hardest role in football to find. That’s why Freo would pay big money for it. Darcy is and will always be their number one he’s better suited for it than Jackson - they want him to partner him.

Timmy and Jackson could play this role at a level which no one else in the competition could. Those players you’ve listed are s**t, exactly that’s the point of difference you could find as a team by having one of these two.

Yeah it’s filled by the likes of those guys - because it’s the hardest role in football to find. That’s why Freo would pay big money for it. Darcy is and will always be their number one he’s better suited for it than Jackson - they want him to partner him.

Timmy and Jackson could play this role at a level which no one else in the competition could. Those players you’ve listed are s**t, exactly that’s the point of difference you could find as a team by having one of these two.

I just don’t see a player being paid that kind of money to play that role. In my opinion it’s not that important of a role.

You may be right, Darcy continues as No1. I think it’s money wasted.

As Doggy pointed out they also have Darcy who is arguably the best young ruck in the league. They’re looking at a 2 ruck partnership I’d assume Darcy a little bit more in the middle but a reasonable balance between them - say 60-40. Would be a formidable set up.

Reason I brought up Schache was not for his impact but because you claimed you can’t have a tall forward spend most of their time roaming the field - we did on the weekend and a lot of teams have similar. Ours would be better because Timmy is a genuine midfielder and would be the best at this in the league.

I want Timmy intercepting in the backline as you do, I want him as a marking target in the forward line as you do, I want him
coming up to the contest as an extra mid, I just don’t want him taking the majority of the round the ground stoppages - this is the only weakness in his game, we could hide it whilst highlighting all his strengths in the other part of the game. No reason you couldn’t have Sweet contest the throw in and Timmy come in and affect the contest at ground level and add his same spread from the contest. Timmy is at his best linking up in an offensive chain as he uses it so well - he’d do this even better without the burden of around the ground ruck contests (he’s good in the middle).

No one wants him chained to the forward line as he was last year. We’re proposing a completely different role which highlights his strengths and hides his weaknesses -

Then in 2 years when Darcy’s ready and Timmy is at his actual physical peak at 27ish he can move back into the number one role which he’d be even more ready for and have Darcy come in and take his role. Would also be a formidable set up for us, but that’s down the track.

Again I’m not going trying to get Sweet in because I don’t rate Timmy. Trust me I’d ******* love it if we had tried to bring in better options than Sweet, I really don’t rate him very highly at all - but he’s all we have. All I want to do is maximise Timmy’s output to our team and this would be the way to do it - he’s a unicorn, don’t burden him with around the ground stoppage work which he struggles with against good/big rucks.

Anyway I’m not getting dragged into this s**t again 😂 it’s never going to happen anyway

Tim doesn’t struggle with the around the ground stoppages though. He ranks amongst the best in the league for both stoppage and centre bounce clearances. And, his ruck work keeps improving.

20-25 disposals per game, similar hitout numbers, midfield clearance work. And then add to that, the around the ground impact both with ball in hand and aerially up fwd and back which you have mentioned.

There’s just no way he plays another role and has that sort of impact.

Anyway, we rate Tims roles differently, so we’ll just have to settle for what plays out over the next few years.

Tim doesn’t struggle with the around the ground stoppages though. He ranks amongst the best in the league for both stoppage and centre bounce clearances. And, his ruck work keeps improving.

20-25 disposals per game, similar hitout numbers, midfield clearance work. And then add to that, the around the ground impact both with ball in hand and aerially up fwd and back which you have mentioned.

There’s just no way he plays another role and has that sort of impact.

Anyway, we rate Tims roles differently, so we’ll just have to settle for what plays out over the next few years.
Let's make sure we get his signature first. Right now he's stamping himself as one of the most influential players in the league - if not now, then by next season. Gawn-like. He just needs to get some continuity.

No doubt his manager is fielding a lot of calls ATM. I'll be a lot happier when they announce he has signed a 3-4 year extension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back