Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Very jealous. Been following Chels for a long time now, even have a copy of her never mentioned and crap first album Mistake in Parting.
She was good. Too bad ERR was sick and pulled out last minute, i only heard of her recently but am a fan. Chelsea only played for 60-65 minutes and without a support act, i felt slightly cheated. It was worth the money seeing Chelsea but was hoping she would play for longer.

The I Prevail double-header at the Forum last weekend was pretty sick. They played their newest single and then mostly songs off the Trauma album. After two years it was just really good to see international bands again and I was especially looking forward to that.

I'm not the biggest fan of Motionless In White but they were a pretty big support act so it was still pretty good to see them live twice and Windwaker were a decent choice for a hometown headliner.

I also got to meet Eric, Dylan and Steve from I Prevail and I went very close to meeting Chris Motionless too. Eric and Dylan were hosting some guest DJ set at Stay Gold in Brunswick on the Friday Night beforehand and I met Steve outside the forum after the Sunday Night show.

How have those in here found the average current concert experience compared to pre-COVID?

Whether it be drawbacks or positive differences.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got my two tix for the cover punk supergroup Me First and the Gimme Gimees in Feb in Adelaide next year. My daughter introduced them to me, saw them couple of years ago. Loud but great.

Aug 20th Voyager/Acolyte
Aug 27th Monolith Festival with Karnivool, Cog, Ocean Grove

I'm going to this too, just saw it's been moved to Port Melbourne which is ok i guess, I don't know the venue.

Do you have any ideas of set times? All I can really find is that it starts at 2pm, I'd be happy to get there later but want to make sure I see Ocean Grove, they might be early.

I'm going to this too, just saw it's been moved to Port Melbourne which is ok i guess, I don't know the venue.

Do you have any ideas of set times? All I can really find is that it starts at 2pm, I'd be happy to get there later but want to make sure I see Ocean Grove, they might be early.
The timetable should be out in the next day or so, but from the Brisbane and Sydney ones I can see that the sets of the 4 earlier bands are 30, 30, 40, 40 mins for one and I think 25, 25, 40, 40 mins for the other with gaps of 20 mins between sets. Long story short, Ocean Grove will be on between 5.30 and 5.45 if the event is starting at 2pm. They will play for 40 minutes if it goes like the other shows.

The timetable should be out in the next day or so, but from the Brisbane and Sydney ones I can see that the sets of the 4 earlier bands are 30, 30, 40, 40 mins for one and I think 25, 25, 40, 40 mins for the other with gaps of 20 mins between sets. Long story short, Ocean Grove will be on between 5.30 and 5.45 if the event is starting at 2pm. They will play for 40 minutes if it goes like the other shows.

Cheers for that

When did Bon Iver become an “arena act” who could command $120-200 a ticket?

Chocolates to boiled lollies when I got the email about the tour, to clicking on the link and seeing ticket prices.

The Hobart show’s a bummer too - the cancelled show in 2020 was going to be at MONA, which would’ve been an experience worth travelling for. This tour is part of MONA FOMA, but it’s at the Derwent Entertainment Centre, which is just so rubbish. (Performed there myself as a kid!)

Anyway, rant over. I actually came to say I’m going to Something for Kate this week, which snuck up on me. First time at the refurbed Northcote Theatre, which will be cool. Does feel like I’ve crossed into the old man rubicon a little bit though.

When did Bon Iver become an “arena act” who could command $120-200 a ticket?

Chocolates to boiled lollies when I got the email about the tour, to clicking on the link and seeing ticket prices.

The Hobart show’s a bummer too - the cancelled show in 2020 was going to be at MONA, which would’ve been an experience worth travelling for. This tour is part of MONA FOMA, but it’s at the Derwent Entertainment Centre, which is just so rubbish. (Performed there myself as a kid!)

Anyway, rant over. I actually came to say I’m going to Something for Kate this week, which snuck up on me. First time at the refurbed Northcote Theatre, which will be cool. Does feel like I’ve crossed into the old man rubicon a little bit though.
I still throw on Bon Iver's albums on occasion, enjoy most of them, but none reach the heights of his first album or the Volcano Choir album. But I think you're overstating the 'arena act' description a bit. He's playing Red Hill in Perth, which has a capacity of 5000. That's significantly less than the Perth Arena, which has a capacity of 15,000 and was where Gang of Youths and Spacey Jane recently played. As for price, that's just inflation taking hold, any Australian band with a profile is setting you back, $70 to $80 these days, international takes it over $100 ($119 for Bon Iver in Perth).

If Gordi was supporting Bon Iver as originally planned, I'd consider going, $119 for both is not a bad deal.

If Gordi was supporting Bon Iver as originally planned, I'd consider going, $119 for both is not a bad deal.

That would be hard to turn down, I really love her.

The Myer Bowl isn’t exactly an arena, but it’s not (for example) Northcote Theatre where alt-J are playing soon. Or even the Recital Centre. I would’ve thought those intimate settings are much more suited.

Yes, I realise I’m simultaneously complaining about ticket prices and venue sizes.

(I always used to see Gordi’s partner down in that part of Northcote, literally a drop punt from the theatre.)

I still throw on Bon Iver's albums on occasion, enjoy most of them, but none reach the heights of his first album or the Volcano Choir album. But I think you're overstating the 'arena act' description a bit. He's playing Red Hill in Perth, which has a capacity of 5000. That's significantly less than the Perth Arena, which has a capacity of 15,000 and was where Gang of Youths and Spacey Jane recently played. As for price, that's just inflation taking hold, any Australian band with a profile is setting you back, $70 to $80 these days, international takes it over $100 ($119 for Bon Iver in Perth).

Seen him twice here. Worth it every time.

Saw Kiss at Rod Laver on the weekend.

Didn't need to show my ticket, just walked up to the gate and the person said "here's the line for general admission"

Can't ever remember that happening before.

Saw Kiss at Rod Laver on the weekend.

Didn't need to show my ticket, just walked up to the gate and the person said "here's the line for general admission"

Can't ever remember that happening before.

I feel like with electronic tickets there are opportunities for people to sneak in., particularly when you have one barcode for multiple people

Remove this Banner Ad

Back