Status
Not open for further replies.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah I reckon it is actually.

I mean I like football and I like hanging out on a forum with other people who also like football and talking about football.

What's interesting about watching Jack Ginnivan or Quaynor's gf or Max Gawn rating pretend girls or acting like they are shopping at Rebel Sports..? I don't even think they're similar.

Right.. but on tiktok u watch videos about things you're interested in... So you're better because you're on an internet forum instead of watching videos? Nice logic.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Yeah, coz Bigfooty is so informative :think:
It can be. That said, you don't seem to have much to add as usual.

You come here to enter in childish arguments with randoms you will never meet, don't think you're above anyone else.
So you can't answer the question? Sounds like you're just here to start a childish argument.

Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
#TeamTurboChooks
Another media beat up by a bunch of old and out of touch commentators, not understanding the context

This video trend has been doing the rounds on Tiktok and is being done by men and women alike. It is not photo specific, or gender specific or looking and judging one person from a photo.
Its a light hearted personal view of someone who is rated a 5 on looks, but likes dogs, so they are now rated a 7, in that person's opinion.
Yeah it was totally obvious that they weren't rating specific women, but hypothetical women. It would have been much worse if they were laughing at pictures of women and rating them, which is what the media have tried to make out. But its still pretty dumb thing to do just because it is not a great look.

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know it's Collingwood so half of you become absolute gronks, but I never thought id see anyone actually agree with the media over this one.

How can you call yourself an adult and then with a straight face judge a couple kids for playing a hypothetical game online harming no one?

Real easy to spot the toxic, miserable losers in this thread. Cheers guys.

Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
#TeamTurboChooks
Man what sort of 40 year old dudes are spending time on tiktok wtf
giphy.gif

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
I know it's Collingwood so half of you become absolute gronks, but I never thought id see anyone actually agree with the media over this one.

How can you call yourself an adult and then with a straight face judge a couple kids for playing a hypothetical game online harming no one?

Puppies

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets

What you've got to understand is perceptions can become people's reality. I heard of this "story" driving to work listening to SEN. Whateley and Bucks were discussing the two players who had uploaded a video to TikTok rating women. There was no other context, and then they discussed that the behaviour and in relation to following the De Goey incident, is perceived as misogynistic.

Think how many other 1000s of listeners driving to work hear the same thing. They then perceive Collingwood players that way and then suddenly the reality becomes "Yep, young men at Collingwood are misogynistic". There was no talk of it being fictional, and for the many 1000s who never read about the issue again, that initial mud sticks to them and their peers at the club.

So think about it, in light of the incidents in the last few days, was this a very smart video to upload in the circumstances?

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
What you've got to understand is perceptions can become people's reality. I heard of this "story" driving to work listening to SEN. Whateley and Bucks were discussing the two players who had uploaded a video to TikTok rating women. There was no other context, and then they discussed that the behaviour and in relation to following the De Goey incident, is perceived as misogynistic.

Think how many other 1000s of listeners driving to work hear the same thing. They then perceive Collingwood players that way and then suddenly the reality becomes "Yep, young men at Collingwood are misogynistic".

So think about it, in light of the incidents in the last few days, was this a very smart video to upload in the circumstances?
That just highlights most people are ignorant dickheads basically

Has No Rules

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2022
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
West Coast
the sisterhood lay in wait for moments like these
They will be lucky if they are not executed by dawn

Profop

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Jobe got a job and he struggles even with 2 words. Travis Cloke was the last great orator from Collingwood to get a job in the media?

This whole media beat up is just smoke and shadows behind the windows.
Jobe has nepotism on his side and Cloke really didn’t last that long in the media

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jobe has nepotism on his side and Cloke really didn’t last that long in the media

Cloke had a 5 year deal with The Footy Show. Amazingly matched the 5 year deal he had with Collingwood to play football. I believe it was something like $200k a year and he had to appear on the show once a year.

Not a bad gig. Im sure Eddie didnt do it as a blatant way to get around the salary cap. Lots of people who have zero skill at speaking in public earn $100k an hour.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
I never said TikTok content was great.
I said I don't think Internet forums are comparable to TikTok and your attempts to argue otherwise have been pathetic.

Frankly I couldn't care less what you think of TikTok's content.
Now can you please stop talking to me about it?

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I said I don't think Internet forums are comparable to TikTok and your attempts to argue otherwise have been pathetic.

Frankly I couldn't care less what you think of TikTok's content.
Now can you please stop talking to me about it?

You said spending your time on an internet forum is better than spending your time watching short videos, the logic is idiotic, and when pushed you provide absolutely stupid reasons like "Bigfooty is more information than a platform which has videos by experts on various topics" Rofl.

It's okay to be wrong, move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back