Rumour Jordan De Goey - The Oracle that is Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

I have inattentive ADHD - as do approximately 50% of adults with ADHD and that form has nothing to do with reckless or impulsive behaviour and gets a bad rep every time uses the ADHD card.

Psychiatry has been looked at skeptically by the medical field for a long time. Then there is a subset of psychiatry which considers ADHD diagnoses to be a little problematic. Then you have the whole medical field that always has, does, always will, view "adult ADHD" as the biggest ******* joke diagnosis going around. Sometimes people really are just a plain old dick head.
I used to get blind drunk out of control on drugs with serious accidents once diagnosed as an adult 5 years ago I have put in place things to help and haven’t been drunk or out of control since.
I’ve reconnected with my family and history and live a totally different life.
My depression and suicidal tendencies have all but vanished.
Your thoughts are a little narrow.

Afl players really have a hard time these days.... working out which mental health card to play.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think the media are a tad confused. A couple flirt in a bar together and say it was fun. The media come out and say that your sexuality is offensive. All under the banner of inclusion? What is going on here?

He was never convicted, however as the saying goes where there's smoke there's fire, especially with multiple allegations.

As much as some players may not want the attention off field, it comes with the job. If you want to earn big bucks kicking a ball around then you have to accept part of your salary is the off field stuff too. If you don't want the media scrutiny then play at a lower level and work a normal job.
Where is Bombers 2003 these days? :(

Meh it's probably not optimal to head off overseas mid-season for a bit of clubbing dickery but wouldn't have thought it was a hanging offence. Bit of prior prior form in play here and Collingwood (with their horrible culcha) have told him to knock it off.

Otherwise just a bit of harmless lulz really. But good fodder for journos and the perpetually outraged.

I used to get blind drunk out of control on drugs with serious accidents once diagnosed as an adult 5 years ago I have put in place things to help and haven’t been drunk or out of control since.
I’ve reconnected with my family and history and live a totally different life.
My depression and suicidal tendencies have all but vanished.
Your thoughts are a little narrow.
So this really isn’t the right place to ask questions about this but can I just ask how the diagnosis helped with adapting your behaviour? Do you think without a diagnosis you would have seen your behaviour as destructive and changed without formal medical intervention?

It’s fantastic that it has

I can't believe I'm coming down on Jordan De Goeys side on this one.

Listening to Footy Classified last night, i realized how just out of touch with younger attitudes these media stalwarts are.
People want to be able to enjoy their personal time however they want, not how their employer demands.

De Goey has gone to Bali, with the clubs approval, and he has had a party and got pissed and done a video.
How is this even news worthy, let alone burning at the stake worthy?
If this is true then why are they giving him a (suspended) fine? Seems Collingwood are having a bit each way as a PR exercise :rolleyes:

Collingwood ok with sexual assault and demeaning women. That's what they have implied. On top of the findindings of systematic racism lead by Eddie Mcguire, they really are a bogan club still stuck in the 1970's.

So this really isn’t the right place to ask questions about this but can I just ask how the diagnosis helped with adapting your behaviour? Do you think without a diagnosis you would have seen your behaviour as destructive and changed without formal medical intervention?

It’s fantastic that it has
Before and without diagnosis I saw my behaviour as destructive but without understanding why it happens even going in to the night having my behaviour front of mind the brain and body still resorted to destruction of brain to stop the noise in my head.
I carried great guilt and depression even from day to day idiosyncrasy’s inherent from adhd.
Once I found out, I finally had knowledge of self with knowledge comes control.
It was an emotional overload but It made sense of my past which made me look to the future.
Before diagnosis I tried so many other things quacks,psychs,counselling different meds.
It really changed my life.
I’m happy to share because it might change another persons life.

Joke of a club, the good players can do what they want and get away with it. The club is going to turn into a steaming pile of crap if it hasn’t already. And people say the culture at Melbourne is bad 🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How weak is my club. Try and play the respect women card while totally disrespecting the view of the woman involved. Amazed that so many people think its fine to ride roughshod over this woman. Pass opinion based on a short video when she knows how the night went and seems to have enjoyed it. Our mock outrage to appease the perpetually offended is pathetic.

You tend to get the feeling that the media were absolutely salivating over the idea of the woman in question not liking the attention.

Jordy being an idiot aside, it’s madness that we’ve reached a point where 2 consenting adults having a good time is still somehow considered disrespectful towards women.

it’s like a player getting his partner pregnant and the media runs with “sleazy disrespectful afl player impregnates woman”

How weak is my club. Try and play the respect women card while totally disrespecting the view of the woman involved. Amazed that so many people think its fine to ride roughshod over this woman. Pass opinion based on a short video when she knows how the night went and seems to have enjoyed it. Our mock outrage to appease the perpetually offended is pathetic.

Do the views of the hundreds of women employed by Collingwood matter? Or just this one person?

He should have been suspended for the rest of the year purely on the diagonal manpurse look whilst dancing to Cyndi Lauper

b73869e4-57a5-4afe-ba61-2ec7b6aefdad_text.gif

Do the views of the hundreds of women employed by Collingwood matter? Or just this one person?
Honestly the answer to that is No, the only view that matters is the women De Goey was with, she openly says she enjoyed the fun. Why do we have to be outraged for her? If she’s happy we should be happy, nobody else really matters.

Honestly the answer to that is No, the only view that matters is the women De Goey was with, she openly says she enjoyed the fun. Why do we have to be outraged for her? If she’s happy we should be happy.

The fact that he is already on probation from being charged with sex offences in the US dont matter either. He can literally behave however he wants as long as those involved dont care, or are paid off (see Michael O'Loughlin).

And all the women working at Collingwood should just keep quiet and be okay with working with him. No negative thoughts about him allowed.

Interesting take.

Im sure that works in happy-land, but in reality-land I dare say sponsors probably arent that keen on sponsor a club willing to protect a sex pest.

The fact that he is already on probation from being charged with sex offences in the US dont matter either. He can literally behave however he wants as long as those involved dont care, or are paid off (see Michael O'Loughlin).

And all the women working at Collingwood should just keep quiet and be okay with working with him. No negative thoughts about him allowed.

Interesting take.

Im sure that works in happy-land, but in reality-land I dare say sponsors probably arent that keen on sponsor a club willing to protect a sex pest.
What sex offences did he get charged with in NY?

He flirted with a consenting adult who said she has no issues with his actions.

How this is now every one else’s business is beyond me.

I can understand the public interest. I’m just not sure why we are meant to be outraged.

Do female employees at Richmond feel uncomfortable working with Dimma because he landed a female that worked at the club? Or does it only count if we see footage of the flirting and/or hooking up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back