Moved Thread Neutral fans: Hawkins or Riewoldt?

Neutral fans: Who’s the better player over the course of their 16 seasons

• Tom Hawkins

Votes: 234 69.6%
  • Jack Riewoldt

Votes: 102 30.4%

• Total voters
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Not trying to start an argument - I’m fairly neutral on the subject, natural bias would probably make me choose Tom but there are multiple arguments you can make the other way.

Just prompted by a comment in the Hawkins 700 goals thread

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
Tom Hawkins is a cheating sack of s**t so Riewoldt wins by default.

Alesana

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Hawkins. Reiwoldt's Colemans tend to make him over-rated as strange as that sounds - he has two of the three lowest number of goals for a Coleman medal in the last 50 years. (excluding covid 2020).

Feb 12, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
You haven't seen much footy if you think a 3 goal game is a all time great grand final performance
It takes a special kind of one-eyed nuffie to claim Hawkins' performance in the 2011 GF was anything other than phenomenal. Especially so when you consider Podsiadly was subbed out half-way during the 2nd quarter and he was playing a lone hand. Watch more football.

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Do people think Mooney’s 5 in a grand final was an all time great performance? I sure don’t. Why is Jack’s in an absolute smashing in 2019 any different?
Mooney kicked most of his when the game was basically won, Jack kicked 3 of his in the second quarter to essentially end the game as a contest

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
It takes a special kind of one-eyed nuffie to claim Hawkins' performance in the 2011 GF was anything other than phenomenal. Especially so when you consider Podsiadly was subbed out half-way during the 2nd quarter and he was playing a lone hand. Watch more football.
A good game but not a great one, you really are insecure over this fact aren't you?

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Hawkins. Reiwoldt's Colemans tend to make him over-rated as strange as that sounds - he has two of the three lowest number of goals for a Coleman medal in the last 50 years. (excluding covid 2020).
Didn't he still have to kick more goals than any other player in those years to win them though?

A Coleman is a Coleman, even with a lower tally he still had to be beat everyone else in the league.

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Just love how your disdain over a footy club can make you seethe so much that you can't acknowledge a great performance when you see one. That was one for the ages, and you know it. :grinv1:
It was a good performance, but Jack was just better, I know Richmond's dominance of Geelong in games that matter may hurt, but you're just going to deal with it

Back