2022 All Aus Predictions and Rolling teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for Dion Prestia and Nick Vlastuin to be crowned all Australian.

Im absolutely sick of 3x Premiership champions being dismissed.

Prestia and Vlastuin have been champions for years, Prestia a Best and Fairest in a premiership season, time for some recognition.

Richmond's All Australians from 2017-2021
Alex Rance
Dustin Martin
Jack Riewoldt
Dylan Grimes
Shane Edwards

Disgrace. This 2007 All Australian team was half Geelong. An entire dynasty later, Tigers can barely muster a handful of different players to make the AA team.
Yeah but all you did was play auskick.
Hack it forward to a rolling maul. Rinse and repeat.

The least refined, skillful or aesthetically pleasing game plan from a premier in history.
Essentially all the good clubs had their turn. The bottom of the barrel was scraped and up came Auskick Tigers.
Geelong are the kings of overrated their individuals, and thus, why you haven't won a grand final in a long, long time.

Enjoy the All Australians - you'll get them, you have the right people selecting the team. But you'll cry in the finals, like you always do, and hopefully the Tigers do it a fourth time to you.
Speaking of overrated. Marlion Pickett elite LOLS.

Yeah but all you did was play auskick.
Hack it forward to a rolling maul. Rinse and repeat.

The least refined, skillful or aesthetically pleasing game plan from a premier in history.
Essentially all the good clubs had their turn. The bottom of the barrel was scraped and up came Auskick Tigers.

Speaking of overrated. Marlion Pickett elite LOLS.

You're special aren't you? Your 🧂 is glorious.

Thanks for the laughs

Whispers Weitering could make an early return. Had written him off as he was set to miss 5 games. If he comes back next week he'll only have missed 3 which puts him right back in the frame.

Not many players have missed 5 and made it. 3 though is no big deal and happens plenty.

For the moment I see Dawson as a lock for one HBF. Holds an under siege defence together and is still the Crows best attacking weapon. Sinkers probably holds the other spot at the moment.

On the Gawn issue, I agree with those suggesting he has done enough. He would be my first player selected. His game against the Swans was as fine a game from a ruckman as you could want. His 4th Quarter was the best I have seen from a ruckman.

What am I missing with Sam Walsh this year. He seems to be in most teams. I know his stats are fairly impressive, but from the games I have watched him play, he seems to have taken on a more supportive role this year. Not kicking goals or taking the game on very often. Is he really having an AA level year?

Would be lucky to make the squad at this stage.

He is an easy choice for a wing with the way he has played in the past and the numbers he puts up, but he has actually been starting at half forward and moves on ball from there.

Would need to ramp it up from here to make the team.

What am I missing with Sam Walsh this year. He seems to be in most teams. I know his stats are fairly impressive, but from the games I have watched him play, he seems to have taken on a more supportive role this year. Not kicking goals or taking the game on very often. Is he really having an AA level year?
Agree, non damaging stat padder

Time for Dion Prestia and Nick Vlastuin to be crowned all Australian.

Im absolutely sick of 3x Premiership champions being dismissed.

Prestia and Vlastuin have been champions for years, Prestia a Best and Fairest in a premiership season, time for some recognition.

Richmond's All Australians from 2017-2021
Alex Rance
Dustin Martin
Jack Riewoldt
Dylan Grimes
Shane Edwards

Disgrace. This 2007 All Australian team was half Geelong. An entire dynasty later, Tigers can barely muster a handful of different players to make the AA team.
Could make a very good case that Vlastuin could take one of these guys spot on the half back flank that every seems to think are auto selections

D6BD9E9C-9A9D-4CA5-9F32-76CBAAE0136E.jpeg 3309D360-6B46-4E98-B0C4-B5B4BE781568.jpeg 1F44B41B-626E-4D0E-876F-01C24DBFD1B7.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be lucky to make the squad at this stage.

He is an easy choice for a wing with the way he has played in the past and the numbers he puts up, but he has actually been starting at half forward and moves on ball from there.

Would need to ramp it up from here to make the team.
Agree, non damaging stat padder
Not sure I would go so far as to say that. I just think his role has changed at Carlton and he isn't standing out as much as he did last year.

Squad yes, but not in the 22 at tis stage imho. Plenty disagree though as I have seen him in most teams both on here and in the media.

Not sure I would go so far as to say that. I just think his role has changed at Carlton and he isn't standing out as much as he did last year.

Squad yes, but not in the 22 at tis stage imho. Plenty disagree though as I have seen him in most teams both on here and in the media.

Yeah, not damaging is miles off the mark, but he has some improvements to make if he wants to make the team.

He has shown he can do it.

Yeah, utterly irrelevant placing a player who is an integral part of a dynasty, winner of a best and fairest in a premiership team, and literally the reason Richmond are contending again, in the all Australian team.

It aint a Neale Vs. Prestia convo, I honestly have them both in. Prestia deserves credit. Not enough respect. He is our best player

Careful I said the exact same thing a while ago on this thread and everybody pounced on me like a pack of wolves. People have just realised Prestia is an elite player today. 2 years after a dynasty. He has been elite for years and our second or 3rd best mid from 2017-2022. I’ve never heard a word about him on this thread despite whooping Cripps ass last round.

Careful I said the exact same thing a while ago on this thread and everybody pounced on me like a pack of wolves. People have just realised Prestia is an elite player today. 2 years after a dynasty. He has been elite for years and our second or 3rd best mid from 2017-2022. I’ve never heard a word about him on this thread despite whooping Cripps ass last round.
Now you watch him get in the 40 man squad and get snubbed again from the AA team like in previous years. He’s as good as grimes (who has only got 1 AA amazingly) imo especially the last couple of years. Will not get any praise though.

All Australian is an individual honour that doesn’t care about how important you are to your team and structure. Prestia has missed 3 games and was subbed off in another 2. Vlastuin has missed 5 games. You miss that many games and you have to be completely dominating on GAJ levels to out pip your competitors. They are not on GAJ levels. They can be as great as you want them to be for Richmond, but AA doesn’t care about how important they have been in your 3 premierships.

What you are wanting is some Selwood levels of AA when he got the spot being the 30th best mid in the game because of his ‘reputation’ and ‘longevity’. This isn’t a knock on Richmond, it shows how great their system works and how good the team works together. But at the end of the day it’s an individuals award, so great teams don’t always have the best representation.

Now you watch him get in the 40 man squad and get snubbed again from the AA team like in previous years. He’s as good as grimes (who has only got 1 AA amazingly) imo especially the last couple of years. Will not get any praise though.
That’s the part that elevates him to a legitimate all aust contender if he can stay on the park, he offers a lot more as an actual defender and accountable for his man than Sinclair and Doc who get more ball but also play as the spare alot more

I would have one or the other in the side but not both

In what year did you think he deserved an AA selection Falc?

The years he played <10 games? His best season where he only got 8 Brownlow votes?

There is no conspiracy.

He didn't receive 1 coaches votes until round 9. A good month of footy since but you need more than that to be considered for AA

All Australian is an individual honour that doesn’t care about how important you are to your team and structure. Prestia has missed 3 games and was subbed off in another 2. Vlastuin has missed 5 games. You miss that many games and you have to be completely dominating on GAJ levels to out pip your competitors. They are not on GAJ levels. They can be as great as you want them to be for Richmond, but AA doesn’t care about how important they have been in your 3 premierships.

What you are wanting is some Selwood levels of AA when he got the spot being the 30th best mid in the game because of his ‘reputation’ and ‘longevity’. This isn’t a knock on Richmond, it shows how great their system works and how good the team works together. But at the end of the day it’s an individuals award, so great teams don’t always have the best representation.

I bet you were one of those guys that said Dusty didn’t deserve an AA in 2020. It’s unbelievable people think the 2020 premiers coming off two flags on top of it should’ve had no AA’s in it. We also finished 3rd in H&A. But yeah I’m sure none of our players are elite

Gibcus still hasn’t gotten a rising star nomination despite being 8th in % of 1v1 contests lost in defence in the league, wow. Even Hardwick had to mention it in his post match presser against Carlton.

Serong is better than Prestia & has improved in the past month. Plays a similar game & role but is a tad more defensive & damaging. There are a lot of gun midfielders in the AFL & the AA selectors don’t seem to take 2 way players into account in the mid position. Both will struggle to make the team without the media behind them and less stats than the big name players.

I bet you were one of those guys that said Dusty didn’t deserve an AA in 2020. It’s unbelievable people think the 2020 premiers coming off two flags on top of it should’ve had no AA’s in it. We also finished 3rd in H&A. But yeah I’m sure none of our players are elite

Gibcus still hasn’t gotten a rising star nomination despite being 8th in % of 1v1 contests lost in defence in the league, wow. Even Hardwick had to mention it in his post match presser against Carlton.
Literally not a single thing said here is relevant at all to anything I said. You are talking to yourself here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back