The Greens

Remove this Banner Ad

C'mon Wonka, dealing in reality is such a cop out. If it's not their policy, it's not their ideology - simple as that.

Edit: that's arguably an oversimplification, but Labor needs to stop being given credit for things that are NOT their policy
Well you certainly can't accuse the Greens of ever worrying about reality.

Labor ideology is unchanging, unflinching and unyielding.
A very different thing to the policy of the day.
Policy in fact can be changed overnight and often is to cater to current circumstances.

The recent policy positions of the ALP were honed to achieve the objective of winning an election.

Policy in fact can be changed overnight and often is to cater to current circumstances.

The recent policy positions of the ALP were honed to achieve the objective of winning an election.
What's the point of winning an election if your policies are crap and you sell out your principles?
If you want to talk about reality, the Greens and Teals won the election for Labor.
Labor's primary vote went down, they went backwards and the Greens had a Greenslide so lets get the facts correct.

This is pretty cringeworthy.

You literally may as well be a Sky News hack talking about LNP compared to the ALP with these talking points. It's the exact same s**t.

Labor volunteers in Queensland were instructed to tell voters what they wanted to hear with respect to Adani during the QLD campaigns for the 2017 State and 2019 Federal election.

Source: multiple mates that are members of the Labor party

Just the Union Jack. You can't be angry at a group of stars.

Bt_1EjmCQAAvD-X.jpg

How about this for a compromise?

I suspect however both Aboriginal and monarchist-type groups would be infuriated at this one - a compromise that pleases no one.

That's the one that is the most popular compromise imo.

Aboriginal groups may not like their flag being minimised that way, and monarchist groups might not like the deletion of the symbol of the settlers.

Labor volunteers in Queensland were instructed to tell voters what they wanted to hear with respect to Adani during the QLD campaigns for the 2017 State and 2019 Federal election.

Source: multiple mates that are members of the Labor party
Mining and logging are tricky ones.

Labor is ideologically opposed to the destruction of the environment but ideologically supportive of keeping workers in jobs.
Often there is internal conflict on where the priority lies.

The Greens have had a recent taste of this type of thing themselves in their Feminist VS Trans issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah nah, Indigenous groups love that one.
Anyone that wants the British flag in their own flag needs their head read, frankly it's unAustralian.
There will also be people that the Indigenous flag means nothing to. It's why we should have a different flag that has neither obvious symbol of either. It's why I don't like the one with the Indigenous Flag pasted over the Union Jack. The first one you linked to was much nicer

There will also be people that the Indigenous flag means nothing to. It's why we should have a different flag that has neither obvious symbol of either. It's why I don't like the one with the Indigenous Flag pasted over the Union Jack. The first one you linked to was much nicer
Doesn't matter how nice it is. 60,000 years deserves respect and acknowledgement.

Doesn't matter how nice it is. 60,000 years deserves respect and acknowledgement.
And it can be done in a much better way than slapping one flag ontop of another

I don't see why another way is better. It's their country and their flag.
That isn't really a unifying stance. Indigenous Australians are Australians just like those from English penial colonies, just like English settlers, just like European refugees and settles after the world wars, just like any other immigrant from anywhere else in the world that calls Australia home.

Mining and logging are tricky ones.

Labor is ideologically opposed to the destruction of the environment but ideologically supportive of keeping workers in jobs.
Often there is internal conflict on where the priority lies.

The Greens have had a recent taste of this type of thing themselves in their Feminist VS Trans issues.
Telling different sets of voters the opposite thing isn't being "unchanging, unflinching, and unyielding" no matter how it is spun. You can simultaneously be against the destruction of mining and for keeping workers in jobs. Particularly when the mine in question at the moment provides jobs for as little as 300 people. I know the structure of the Labor Party makes it difficult for their to be unanimity on an issue like Adani, but you can't call them uncompromising in their views, when the views are dependent on the voter they are trying to appeal to. And people see through it anyway, and that was a large part of what royally ****ed them in Queensland in 2019 IMO.

I don't disagree with respect to the Linda Gale issue as an example of an internal conflict. But given they took pretty swift and decisive action to rectify this situation, it doesn't seem like they had much difficulty finding where the priority laid.

That isn't really a unifying stance. Indigenous Australians are Australians just like those from English penial colonies, just like English settlers, just like European refugees and settles after the world wars, just like any other immigrant from anywhere else in the world that calls Australia home.
Yeah, and it's great that they call Australia home. I don't see why we can't continue to do that by formally recognising the custodians of this land for virtually the entirety of its existence.

It would be a good excuse for people to actually learn about and celebrate the achievements of our First Nations people. There's plenty of reasons to be proud of the Aboriginal flag.

Yeah, and it's great that they call Australia home. I don't see why we can't continue to do that by formally recognising the custodians of this land for virtually the entirety of its existence.

It would be a good excuse for people to actually learn about and celebrate the achievements of our First Nations people. There's plenty of reasons to be proud of the Aboriginal flag.
I don't disagree with any of that. Just think there are better flag designs than pasting the Indigenous Flag over the Union Jack

'Not unifying' is the go to phrase from every conservative who tries to prevent any progress for the better.
Both parties have unrepresentative 'conservative' (I would call them something else) Indigenous MP's, who parrot skynews rubbish.

'Not unifying' is the go to phrase from every conservative who tries to prevent any progress for the better.
Both parties have unrepresentative 'conservative' (I would call them something else) Indigenous MP's, who parrot skynews rubbish.
That's a lot of words trying to call me a racist campaigner for wanting a better flag design when literally the other one you linked to, I liked...

If I am reading too much into it, I'll apologise but gee the tone in which that came across was not good

Telling different sets of voters the opposite thing isn't being "unchanging, unflinching, and unyielding" no matter how it is spun. You can simultaneously be against the destruction of mining and for keeping workers in jobs. Particularly when the mine in question at the moment provides jobs for as little as 300 people. I know the structure of the Labor Party makes it difficult for their to be unanimity on an issue like Adani, but you can't call them uncompromising in their views, when the views are dependent on the voter they are trying to appeal to. And people see through it anyway, and that was a large part of what royally ducked them in Queensland in 2019 IMO.

I don't disagree with respect to the Linda Gale issue as an example of an internal conflict. But given they took pretty swift and decisive action to rectify this situation, it doesn't seem like they had much difficulty finding where the priority laid.
I accept the ALP will never have the environment credentials of the Greens.

Without derailing the thread the priority on the Linda Gale controversy was to make it go away as quickly as possible- nothing more.
Its just the tip of the iceberg for the Greens on this.
They are the party of the 'Capital F feminist'.
It's long standing Green Ideology.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back