50. (92) North Melbourne
51. (95) Melbourne
52. (98) Hawthorn
53. (100) Essendon

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
so with our picks it's going to be tough getting a handle on who we'll pick

feel free to post who'd you like and who you'd dislike for us to pick in the draft

feel free to post what you think we need and types of players who could fill those positions, whether they be U/18, VFLW or interstate

play nice, remember there's no wrong or right, it's all opinions

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
these players would be the top 10

Montana Ham WJ 178cm Mid
Amber Clarke DS 169cm Mid
Zarlie Goldsworthy MB 168cm Mid
Jasmine Fleming OC 165cm Mid
Charlotte Baskaran WJ 162cm Mid
Mackenzie Eardley DS 181cm KPDef
Sofia Hurley SD 166cm Mid
Charlotte Taylor OC 174cm Mid
Bridie Hipwell SD 174cm Mid
Paige Scott GWV 166cm Mid/Fwd

the rest of these players were invited to the combine, so have a reasonable chance of being drafted

Octavia Di Donato BP 172cm Utility
Emily Shepherd DS 164cm Mid
Keeley Skepper MB 163cm Mid
Rylie Wilcox NK 158cm Mid/Fwd
Keely Coyne SD 162cm Mid
Molly Walton GWV 171cm Utility
Olivia Robinson DS 165cm Fwd
Mia Van Dyke GF 176cm Utility
Jamie-Lee Speakman GWV 162cm Utility
Sophia McCarthy Williamstown VFLW 179cm KPFwd
Felicity Crank DS 168cm Mid
Elizabeth Dowling GF 171cm Utility
Taylah Gatt DS 169cm Mid
Analea McKee GF 183cm KPFwd
Krystal Russell WJ 180cm Ruck
Charlotte Simpson GF 168cm Mid
Amelie Smith OC 176cm KPFwd
J'Noemi Anderson NT SD 171cm Mid/Fwd
Lulu Beatty NK 171cm Def
Charlotte Blair DS 167cm Fwd
Nyakoat Dojiok Collingwood VFLW 175cm Utility
Laura Elliott WJ 170cm Def
Emily Everist BP 177cm KPDef
Madison Gray MB 168cm Mid
Tayissa Gray MB 172cm Mid
Grace Hay MB 179cm KPDef
Sarah Hosking DS 168cm Mid
Cassidy Mailer MB 165cm Utility
Brooke Plummer NK 165cm Mid
Drew Ryan BP 172cm Mid
Lucy Schneider Western Bulldogs VFLW 164cm Mid
Kalani Scoullar GWV 190cm Ruck
Pia Staltari SD 168cm Utility
Maddison Torpey SD 182cm Ruck
Ashleigh Van Loon GF 169cm Mid
Teagan WIlliams BP 169cm Mid
Mia Busch ER 166cm Mid/Def
Mia Austin ER 177cm Tall Fwd
Charli Granville ER 165cm Fwd
Abbey McDonald CC 162cm Mid
Reese Sutton CC 159cm Mid
Heidi Woodley CC 169cm Fwd
Isabelle Khoury ER 164cm Mid

2 players who've done their knee, but still might get drafted
Charley Ryan DS 171cm Mid ACL Injury
Grace Purcell GF 173cm Mid ACL Injury

FUnR9NXaIAIqIIu.jpg

Last edited:

It's a bit of lottery knowing who is going to be around at our first pick - it does drop away to be a very even field from what I have seen of games. There are players outside that Combine list getting medicals and interviews still, think there will be quite a few outside that list.

What are our chances of having two Sarah Hosking's on our list:think:

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
It's a bit of lottery knowing who is going to be around at our first pick - it does drop away to be a very even field from what I have seen of games. There are players outside that Combine list getting medicals and interviews still, think there will be quite a few outside that list.

What are our chances of having two Sarah Hosking's on our list:think:

haha been thinking the same, the dandy stingers girl
double or triple trouble ?

but seriously could be a chance after our 1st pick (2nd, 3rd, 4th pick) she's 19 yo, didn't get drafted last year, no year 12 to worry about
had a decent over age year at u/18 stingers

Was rapt to hear over the weekend that someone close to us has been interviewed and done a medical with the Tiges and is in the frame. She was really impressed by the whole Tiger culture and the people there, has also been interviewed by Collingwood, Hawthorn and Essendon. Whilst it is probably still a longshot to get to the Tiges, as the Hawks will likely nab her, she now really, really wants to get to the Tigers. I mention it not for the association, but rather share how well the Tigers are presenting and doing as a Club and how real that is. Richmond has a Culture with a capital C while others have a culture. That's not a put down, the others are good, we are just doing it better!

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Was rapt to hear over the weekend that someone close to us has been interviewed and done a medical with the Tiges and is in the frame. She was really impressed by the whole Tiger culture and the people there, has also been interviewed by Collingwood, Hawthorn and Essendon. Whilst it is probably still a longshot to get to the Tiges, as the Hawks will likely nab her, she now really, really wants to get to the Tigers. I mention it not for the association, but rather share how well the Tigers are presenting and doing as a Club and how real that is. Richmond has a Culture with a capital C while others have a culture. That's not a put down, the others are good, we are just doing it better!

hint ? name ?

Lord of the Wings

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2020
Pacific Island
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tigers
Does she have red hair? Won't draft her with our first pick unless she does.

What's with all those girls nominating NSW? Sydney is not quite the arse end of the world.....but hell you can see from there!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lord of the Wings

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2020
Pacific Island
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tigers
What's with all those girls nominating NSW? Sydney is not quite the arse end of the world.....but hell you can see from there!

Most of the A list celebs and big social media influencers live in Sydney. Bondi to Coogee walk is wall to wall beautiful people. That is a lot more appealing to teenagers than dull, grey, cold Melbourne.

Most of the A list celebs and big social media influencers live in Sydney. Bondi to Coogee walk is wall to wall beautiful people. That is a lot more appealing to teenagers than dull, grey, cold Melbourne.
Lived there for 12 months as a parent with a 3year old - it's a terrible place to live in my experience, generally people are cold (obviously not all). So class driven too based on where you live, more so than anywhere else I've lived in Australia. A very polarizing place. Great to visit and leave. Good luck girls!

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Lived there for 12 months as a parent with a 3year old - it's a terrible place to live in my experience, generally people are cold (obviously not all). So class driven too based on where you live, more so than anywhere else I've lived in Australia. A very polarizing place. Great to visit and leave. Good luck girls!
Yep lived and worked there in 90s couldn’t agree more genuine snobbery that I’ve never experienced elsewhere in Aus , diff culture to sports mad Melb ,
I so loved my biz trips to Riverina and sapphire coast as I could smell victoria in the air and buy the HS could’nt wait to come home had tears of joy as plane left the tarmac on 1way ticket
So good luck !
As a footnote today melb is only Aus city that sits in works top 10 liveable cities ,, and I don’t vote !

Lord of the Wings

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2020
Pacific Island
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tigers
Yep agree with all this. But you're making an assumption that these girls don't want that lifestyle. I know plenty of social climbers who've gone there with that objective in mind. Some have integrated well because they pony up to other tossers whilst others have come back with tail between their legs.

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond

AFLW draft: Clubs raise draft integrity concerns with league​

AFLW clubs have raised concerns over the integrity of next week’s draft and clubs using incentives to lure top prospects.

The AFL is in talks with clubs over an alleged integrity issue surrounding next week’s AFL Women’s draft and its potential No. 1 pick.
A meeting will be held on Thursday afternoon between six Victorian clubs and the AFL in the wake of two top Victorian draft prospects nominating Sydney as their intended destination in recent days.

Potential No. 1 pick Montana Ham and fellow Victorian top prospect Sofia Hurley – two of Victoria’s most impressive young players – have nominated for the New South Wales draft pool, opting to leave their home state.

Her manager, Alex Saundry, said this week that Ham’s decision was “a university and lifestyle choice”.

Both players are expected to be taken by Sydney, which has the first five selections in the NSW pool.

It has also been alleged by Victorian clubs — which will detail their concerns to the league in the meeting — that some interstate clubs may have been offering contracts to draftees including incentives outside of their playing contract as further impetus to nominate outside of their home state.

It was an issue that was raised to the AFL Women’s competition committee in the wake of Gold Coast young gun Charlie Rowbottom’s shock call to nominate Queensland as her draft destination at the end of 2021.

But despite being aware of apparent grievances from some clubs, the league did not act.

Many clubs feel that they are not on an even playing field when it comes to drafting players, with one club insider suggesting that any such action could even constitute conduct prejudicial to the draft.

“A full pitch to draftees isn’t something you’re supposed to do,” they said.

“Then, it’s not a draft.”

The 2022 AFLW draft is set to be held on Wednesday night.

As part of the league’s integrity investigation, some prospective AFLW players and their families have been interviewed by headquarters.

It is believed that as recently as a few weeks ago, Ham – who is 17 and due to finish her Year 12 studies in coming months – had given indications that she had intentions to stay in Victoria to play.

The league runs a state-based draft, where players can only nominate one state to play in.

In the wake of the top pair’s decision, clubs revolted at both the system and the strategies some allege are being employed in players nominating outside of their home state.

“When it happened, the phones at AFL House blew up, asking what the league was going to do about it,” one club insider said.

“Some clubs traded picks to get picks inside the top 10, thinking these girls would be in Victoria.”

Border talent Zarlie Goldsworthy was on the record as recently as last month declaring that she felt Victoria would be the place for her, before pivoting to nominate New South Wales this week and could land at Greater Western Sydney.

Under the state-based draft system, players receive a $10,000 incentive if they are selected as the state’s top pick.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...e/news-story/1c032d9744534a0e828b0ebbf7e822e2

Yep agree with all this. But you're making an assumption that these girls don't want that lifestyle. I know plenty of social climbers who've gone there with that objective in mind. Some have integrated well because they pony up to other tossers whilst others have come back with tail between their legs.
AND, you don't know what you don't know. Youth is wasted on the young. It seems a lot has been made of Montana doing her Physio qual in Sydney, goodness knows what other inducements are in there as well. Oh well, that is how the game before the game rolls.

AFLW draft: Clubs raise draft integrity concerns with league​

AFLW clubs have raised concerns over the integrity of next week’s draft and clubs using incentives to lure top prospects.

The AFL is in talks with clubs over an alleged integrity issue surrounding next week’s AFL Women’s draft and its potential No. 1 pick.
A meeting will be held on Thursday afternoon between six Victorian clubs and the AFL in the wake of two top Victorian draft prospects nominating Sydney as their intended destination in recent days.

Potential No. 1 pick Montana Ham and fellow Victorian top prospect Sofia Hurley – two of Victoria’s most impressive young players – have nominated for the New South Wales draft pool, opting to leave their home state.

Her manager, Alex Saundry, said this week that Ham’s decision was “a university and lifestyle choice”.

Both players are expected to be taken by Sydney, which has the first five selections in the NSW pool.

It has also been alleged by Victorian clubs — which will detail their concerns to the league in the meeting — that some interstate clubs may have been offering contracts to draftees including incentives outside of their playing contract as further impetus to nominate outside of their home state.

It was an issue that was raised to the AFL Women’s competition committee in the wake of Gold Coast young gun Charlie Rowbottom’s shock call to nominate Queensland as her draft destination at the end of 2021.

But despite being aware of apparent grievances from some clubs, the league did not act.

Many clubs feel that they are not on an even playing field when it comes to drafting players, with one club insider suggesting that any such action could even constitute conduct prejudicial to the draft.

“A full pitch to draftees isn’t something you’re supposed to do,” they said.

“Then, it’s not a draft.”

The 2022 AFLW draft is set to be held on Wednesday night.

As part of the league’s integrity investigation, some prospective AFLW players and their families have been interviewed by headquarters.

It is believed that as recently as a few weeks ago, Ham – who is 17 and due to finish her Year 12 studies in coming months – had given indications that she had intentions to stay in Victoria to play.

The league runs a state-based draft, where players can only nominate one state to play in.

In the wake of the top pair’s decision, clubs revolted at both the system and the strategies some allege are being employed in players nominating outside of their home state.

“When it happened, the phones at AFL House blew up, asking what the league was going to do about it,” one club insider said.

“Some clubs traded picks to get picks inside the top 10, thinking these girls would be in Victoria.”

Border talent Zarlie Goldsworthy was on the record as recently as last month declaring that she felt Victoria would be the place for her, before pivoting to nominate New South Wales this week and could land at Greater Western Sydney.

Under the state-based draft system, players receive a $10,000 incentive if they are selected as the state’s top pick.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...e/news-story/1c032d9744534a0e828b0ebbf7e822e2

Who would have thought this would happen eh Stanley? Even two dumb ol hacks like you and me saw this coming (sorry, i'll claim the old part of that statement). ;)

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Who would have thought this would happen eh Stanley? Even two dumb ol hacks like you and me saw this coming (sorry, i'll claim the old part of that statement). ;)

HaHa i'll claim the old part as well Phar Ace, wrong side of 60 here :)

i'll tell you what, we did the work to Draft Ellie McK as i'm sure it was happening back then

last year StK got reamed with Rowbottom going GC

this year Dons/Hawks/StK/Blues all dudded with Ham, Hurley & Goldsworthy going NSW (not that i care)
North as well with Ransom going GC (again care factor zero)

this won't change until the draft goes national rather than state based
which will probably be when the comp goes full time, around 2026

it does effect the rest of the Vic clubs as all players in the Vic draft go 3 spots up
but with Vic pick 21 our targets are fairly even, so not much of a disaster

HaHa i'll claim the old part as well Phar Ace, wrong side of 60 here :)

i'll tell you what, we did the work to Draft Ellie McK as i'm sure it was happening back then

last year StK got reamed with Rowbottom going GC

this year Dons/Hawks/StK/Blues all dudded with Ham, Hurley & Goldsworthy going NSW (not that i care)
North as well with Ransom going GC (again care factor zero)

this won't change until the draft goes national rather than state based
which will probably be when the comp goes full time, around 2026

it does effect the rest of the Vic clubs as all players in the Vic draft go 3 spots up
but with Vic pick 21 our targets are fairly even, so not much of a disaster
It was probably well-intentioned - the whole state based thinking, but how is it the brains trust at the AFL always never sees the work around coming?

1655970698407.png

Some one needs to put this in hallways of AFL House AND on the back of each cubicle door

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
It was probably well-intentioned - the whole state based thinking, but how is it the brains trust at the AFL always never sees the work around coming?

View attachment 1430718
Some one needs to put this in hallways of AFL House AND on the back of each cubicle door

"I'm still here and there's nothing you can say or do to get rid of me" says Sophie Molan
Tessa Lavey & Sophie Molan giving a big 2 thumbs up to LOTW after a training session

1656032515169.png

Last edited:
"I'm still here and there's nothing you can say or do to get rid of me" says Sophie Molan
Tessa Lavey & Sophie Molan giving a big 2 thumbs up to LOTW after a training session

View attachment 1431098
Wow, has Lord of the Wings comments got back there somehow - He'll be rapt to think he is that influencial - creating a monster, girls!

Next we'll hear how good Kate is 🤣 🤣
🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back