Mystery Flight MH370 missing

Remove this Banner Ad

Pine Gap knows where it is.

Using what resources? OTHR wasn't in operation the night of the disappearance and that won't give an accurate position either (just distance from transmitter I believe).

Don't think there's any nation on earth that commits resources to monitoring the empty expanses of the southern indian ocean. There's simply nothing out there and no reason to position satellites over it. That's part of the theory why whoever steered it down there would do so if they didn't want the plane to be found.

Using what resources? OTHR wasn't in operation the night of the disappearance and that won't give an accurate position either (just distance from transmitter I believe).

Don't think there's any nation on earth that commits resources to monitoring the empty expanses of the southern indian ocean. There's simply nothing out there and no reason to position satellites over it. That's part of the theory why whoever steered it down there would do so if they didn't want the plane to be found.
The US knows where MH370 is. You’re naive if you think otherwise.

Why would I go over old ground? Isn’t 51 pages enough for you?

I would think when you claim the US know where MH370 is you can back that claim up with an explanation for how they (allegedly) know where the plane is. Ive searched the thread and cant find one.

I would love to hear how you believe the US knows where the plane is.

Everything's gone downhill since MH370 went missing. Find that plane and our lives will change for the better!

Latest claims havent turned up trumps.

A review of data from the original search for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370 has concluded that it’s highly unlikely that aircraft debris was missed by the massive operation.
The Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) has released the results of a data review by Geoscience Australia following new analysis by British aerospace engineer Richard Godfrey.

Mr Godfrey claimed he knew the precise location of the missing Boeing 777 after analysing hundreds of radio signals with the aid of technology known as weak signal propagation reporter (WSPR).

Geoscience Australia CEO Dr James Johnson said the imagery reviewed was of a very high resolution.

“This data allowed us to detect objects as small as 30cm by 30cm. If the aircraft was within the area we have reviewed, the sonar data would have shown a scatter field of highly reflective debris,” Dr Johnson said.

PETALING JAYA: US-based firm Ocean Infinity is keen to do another search for the missing Malaysia Airlines aircraft Flight MH370.

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Dr Wee Ka Siong said Ocean Infinity is willing to accept another “no cure, no fee” deal similar to the one in 2018, where the government will only pay the company if it manages to find the wreckage of the flight.

MH370 disappeared on March 8, 2014, while flying from Kuala Lumpur International Airport to Beijing, China.

Ocean Infinity is a marine robotics company that deploys autonomous robots, typically in fleet formation, to obtain large amounts of data from the oceans and seabed.

In a Facebook post yesterday, Dr Wee said he held a meeting with Ocean Infinity chief executive officer Oliver Plunkett and representatives of the families of those on board MH370 at his office.

“Plunkett gave us an update on the company’s latest technology advances, human talent and capabilities compared with five years ago.“He shared Ocean Infinity’s readiness to resume the search for MH370 based on a ‘no cure, no pay’ deal, whereby payment is made only if the company finds the wreckage,” he added.

In one of the world’s biggest aviation mysteries, MH370, using a Boeing 777-200ER then, vanished with 239 people on board.

In 2018, Ocean Infinity conducted a search for the plane in the southern Indian Ocean without success.

Dr Wee reiterated that a decision to resume search operations could only be made if the governments of Malaysia, China and Australia jointly agreed to the matter.

“I have instructed my officers at the Transport Ministry to obtain further information from Ocean Infinity for deliberation before we consult the governments of Australia and China.

“We further reiterated that there must be new credible evidence before we can proceed with another search operation,” he added.

Also present at yesterday’s meeting were officers from the Transport Ministry’s Aviation Division, the Air Accident Investigation Bureau and the Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia.

thestar.com.my

PETALING JAYA: US-based firm Ocean Infinity is keen to do another search for the missing Malaysia Airlines aircraft Flight MH370.

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Dr Wee Ka Siong said Ocean Infinity is willing to accept another “no cure, no fee” deal similar to the one in 2018, where the government will only pay the company if it manages to find the wreckage of the flight.

MH370 disappeared on March 8, 2014, while flying from Kuala Lumpur International Airport to Beijing, China.

Ocean Infinity is a marine robotics company that deploys autonomous robots, typically in fleet formation, to obtain large amounts of data from the oceans and seabed.

In a Facebook post yesterday, Dr Wee said he held a meeting with Ocean Infinity chief executive officer Oliver Plunkett and representatives of the families of those on board MH370 at his office.

“Plunkett gave us an update on the company’s latest technology advances, human talent and capabilities compared with five years ago.“He shared Ocean Infinity’s readiness to resume the search for MH370 based on a ‘no cure, no pay’ deal, whereby payment is made only if the company finds the wreckage,” he added.

In one of the world’s biggest aviation mysteries, MH370, using a Boeing 777-200ER then, vanished with 239 people on board.

In 2018, Ocean Infinity conducted a search for the plane in the southern Indian Ocean without success.

Dr Wee reiterated that a decision to resume search operations could only be made if the governments of Malaysia, China and Australia jointly agreed to the matter.

“I have instructed my officers at the Transport Ministry to obtain further information from Ocean Infinity for deliberation before we consult the governments of Australia and China.

“We further reiterated that there must be new credible evidence before we can proceed with another search operation,” he added.

Also present at yesterday’s meeting were officers from the Transport Ministry’s Aviation Division, the Air Accident Investigation Bureau and the Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia.

thestar.com.my

Considering that the crash site is in international waters why does anyone need permission to search for the wreckage?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OCEAN INFINITY COMMITS TO NEW SEARCH FOR MH370 IN 2023 OR 2024​

Ocean Infinity CEO Oliver Plunkett told the next of kin that the company was committed to finding the missing Boeing 777.

The point now is to say, for the first time since early 2020, we’ve got clarity on the plan for where we search. We’ve got clarity for the availability of our assets and therefore, we’re in a position to sensibly re-engage in the conversation and say, to the Malaysian government, that we’re ready to go back and carry on. We will of course, approach it on the same basis as we did before, which is, as Grace says, that kind of, “no win, no fee.”

“And so hopefully, all being well, we will be in a position to go back in early 2023. There’s a lot of work for us to do. To get the ships ready, for the guys to carry on doing the planning, to talk to the government, to get ourselves organized.

“Hopefully, we’ll enjoy the same support from the Australian authorities (ATSB) as we did last time. These ships are different. They’re probably the most modern, cutting-edge ships in the entire world. And one of the things we’re dealing with is the regulatory framework for a ship that can be driven with no person on board because it doesn’t exist. So we’ll need support from the Australian government to operate too. But, it is our hope and desire to be back carrying on the search at some point in, certainly, the first half of 2023.

yes but its like getting a quote first.

true. but if OI locates the wreckage they'll pretty much be able to name their price to the malaysians/chinese. obviously OI won't be involved in recovery operations, that I assume would be done by the malaysians / chinese.

OCEAN INFINITY COMMITS TO NEW SEARCH FOR MH370 IN 2023 OR 2024​

Ocean Infinity CEO Oliver Plunkett told the next of kin that the company was committed to finding the missing Boeing 777.

The point now is to say, for the first time since early 2020, we’ve got clarity on the plan for where we search. We’ve got clarity for the availability of our assets and therefore, we’re in a position to sensibly re-engage in the conversation and say, to the Malaysian government, that we’re ready to go back and carry on. We will of course, approach it on the same basis as we did before, which is, as Grace says, that kind of, “no win, no fee.”

“And so hopefully, all being well, we will be in a position to go back in early 2023. There’s a lot of work for us to do. To get the ships ready, for the guys to carry on doing the planning, to talk to the government, to get ourselves organized.

“Hopefully, we’ll enjoy the same support from the Australian authorities (ATSB) as we did last time. These ships are different. They’re probably the most modern, cutting-edge ships in the entire world. And one of the things we’re dealing with is the regulatory framework for a ship that can be driven with no person on board because it doesn’t exist. So we’ll need support from the Australian government to operate too. But, it is our hope and desire to be back carrying on the search at some point in, certainly, the first half of 2023.

Great News!!

I assume this search will be based mostly of the WSPR theory posted by Richard Godrey?

It's been published and available for peer review for quite some time. I've analysed it myself and it seems very thorough and logical.

They seem very confident with these new search boats and believe they are close to the crash site.

Not sure what happens in such deep water after all these years.

Some weird ideas coming out now.

Putin’s ‘mafia-style’ hit on MH17 ‘revenge’ for MH370: Expert​

Vladimir Putin shot down MH17, killing 298 – including 38 Australians – as a favour to China’s Xi Jinping after the US downed MH370, according to sensational new claims.

They seem very confident with these new search boats and believe they are close to the crash site.

Vladimir Putin shot down MH17, killing 298 – including 38 Australians – as a favour to China’s Xi Jinping after the US downed MH370, according to sensational new claims.

That makes sense. Take revenge on behalf of Malaysia / China by shooting down another Malaysian Airlines plane to hurt the US.

Whoever published this should never have a career in journalism again.

The cold should preserve the wreckage fairly well, whether the black box is recoverable such that they can work out exactly what happened even if they find the wreckage is unknown to me.

Such an odd case in general, so many things point to deliberate suicide by the pilot whilst a few things seemingly contradict that and point to horrible accident. Sadly, I think it's more likely deliberate than not.

If the WSPR flight path proposed by Richard Godfrey is correct it would not support the captain suicide theory. GDTAAA-WSPRnet-MH370-Analysis-002024-UTC-Crash-Site-Wide-View-980x667.png

The circling off the coast of Indonenisa does not make sense if one was committing suicide. For me, if the intention really was to crash the aircraft in as remote location as possible a straight line flight path following the curvature of the earth due south would be the most logical to me. Investigators did find a flight path in his own personal flight simulator of that nature which you can see on the above map. The thing is that was one of thousands of flight paths he practiced that went into all sorts of places all over the world that ended in nowhere so not sure what was found on his simulator is relevant.

This is on the assumption that the above WSPR flight path is actually accurate or close to being accurate. I imagine the new search will be based around the end point proposed here as Richard Godfrey has also been able to match that endpoint against hydro acoustic sound detection around the same time as the estimate crash time plus it also fits the satellite signal analysis and drift analysis for wreckage ended up in Africa mid 2015.

If the WSPR flight path proposed by Richard Godfrey is correct it would not support the captain suicide theory. View attachment 1429896

The circling off the coast of Indonenisa does not make sense if one was committing suicide. For me, if the intention really was to crash the aircraft in as remote location as possible a straight line flight path following the curvature of the earth due south would be the most logical to me. Investigators did find a flight path in his own personal flight simulator of that nature which you can see on the above map. The thing is that was one of thousands of flight paths he practiced that went into all sorts of places all over the world that ended in nowhere so not sure what was found on his simulator is relevant.

This is on the assumption that the above WSPR flight path is actually accurate or close to being accurate. I imagine the new search will be based around the end point proposed here as Richard Godfrey has also been able to match that endpoint against hydro acoustic sound detection around the same time as the estimate crash time plus it also fits the satellite signal analysis and drift analysis for wreckage ended up in Africa mid 2015.
Interesting. There was a docu-series on UK tv recently which included discussion of this analysis.
I only caught parts of it, but he seemed very confident about it.

How far from the already searched areas is the proposed crash location?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back