Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

So vaders now lost again to obi wan. He loses a lot doesnt he. Maybe he just aint all the good.

its starting to make lukes victory in return of the jedi not all that glorious. Especially given vader was a very old man by that point.
Very old man? He was like mid 40s.

So vaders now lost again to obi wan. He loses a lot doesnt he. Maybe he just aint all the good.

its starting to make lukes victory in return of the jedi not all that glorious. Especially given vader was a very old man by that point.

There's nothing glorious about Luke's victory in ROTJ, that's the entire point.

All the the dialog was either a call back to the originals or prequels, or some cheesy emotional one-liner.

A high school student could have written this show.

I'm sure you would have done a lot better. :) Maybe put your application into Disney for the next show?

Why did they cast Leia so young? She looked and moved like a 4 year old. How old was she? It just didn't suit to content of the story, her dialog or the chase scenes. I felt like she needed to be carried by Obi-Wan when they were on the move, she could barely raise a trot.

Why did they cast Leia so young? She looked and moved like a 4 year old. How old was she? It just didn't suit to content of the story, her dialog or the chase scenes. I felt like she needed to be carried by Obi-Wan when they were on the move, she could barely raise a trot.
how old is she in this?

Maybe they needed a young Leia, one that's agile and small, for that chase scene

how old is she in this?

Maybe they needed a young Leia, one that's agile and small, for that chase scene
She is apparently 10 but she runs like 3 year old.

my 5 year old would have looked more realistic running in that scene.

clearly didnt give her any running tips.

note. This is hardly anything to care about and doesnt distract from the show in any way. It was just a bit odd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the the dialog was either a call back to the originals or prequels, or some cheesy emotional one-liner.

A high school student could have written this show.
To be fair, when has star Wars had dialogue that isnt utterly terrible? Even the originals had pathetic dialogue. Harrison ford and critics used to mock george lucas for how bad his star wars dialogue was.

She is apparently 10 but she runs like 3 year old.

my 5 year old would have looked more realistic running in that scene.

clearly didnt give her any running tips.

note. This is hardly anything to care about and doesnt distract from the show in any way. It was just a bit odd.
If she looked and moved like a 10 year old that would have been ok. But when she looks 4 (to me anyway) and then things like her leaderships traits are continually discussed, then it just seems off.

What a stupid comment.

If the bar is set at “better writer than your average Star Wars fan” then Star Wars won’t survive

Not a stupid comment, but if you took it that way, then that's interesting. :)

Just pretty sick of the implication in a lot of people's posts in here that they could have done better because they're such an amazing fight coordinator or script writer.

Thought other than the fourth episode this had pretty good writing anyway.

Well when you set the bar as low as being better then some random on the internet with zero background in writing and directing then i can see how you are always impressed.

Where on earth did I do that?

The actress was 9 playing a 10 year old. Not a huge distinction.

Didnt mind the series. Love Ewan as Obi Wan. Liked the final battle and Obi Wan powering up, and the helmet slashed scene and voice changes. Did not quite get the Reva plot line. Seemed as conflicted as she was. It has probably been discussed ad nauseum in here, but does this make the Leia recording scene in Star Wars now seems a bit odd? Seems like she would have been a bit more familiar with the recording rather than making it seem like she had just heard of him.

Anyway, still have Mando above this one, but for just some Star Wars entertainment it was fine.

Didnt mind the series. Love Ewan as Obi Wan. Liked the final battle and Obi Wan powering up, and the helmet slashed scene and voice changes. Did not quite get the Reva plot line. Seemed as conflicted as she was. It has probably been discussed ad nauseum in here, but does this make the Leia recording scene in Star Wars now seems a bit odd? Seems like she would have been a bit more familiar with the recording rather than making it seem like she had just heard of him.

Anyway, still have Mando above this one, but for just some Star Wars entertainment it was fine.

Think that was the point of the scene where he goes to Alderaan and tells her she can't mention it or they'd both be in danger.

Think that was the point of the scene where he goes to Alderaan and tells her she can't mention it or they'd both be in danger.
A bit tenuous, but fair enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back