2022 All Aus Predictions and Rolling teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Literally not a single thing said here is relevant at all to anything I said. You are talking to yourself here.

You have been replying to me man. I’ve been talking to you lol

You were saying individually most our players aren’t very good. I’m disagreeing provide example of how our elite players are getting overlooked, comprende?

You have been replying to me man. I’ve been talking to you lol

You were saying individually most our players aren’t very good. I’m disagreeing provide example of how our elite players are getting overlooked, comprende?

Ever heard of the phrase, a great team will always beat team of great players?

Team accolades are at the very bottom when judging a players performance!

FB: Stewart (GEEL) - Grimes (RICH) - Vlastuin (RICH)
HB: Sinclair (STK) - Sicily (HAW) - Docherty (CARL)
C: Brayshaw (MELB) - Cripps (CARL) - McCluggage (BRIS)
HF: Bolton (RICH) - J.Cameron (GEEL) - Heeney (SYD)
FF: C.Cameron (BRIS) - Hawkins (GEEL) - Curnow (CARL)
R: Witts (GC) - Oliver (MELB) - Neale (BRIS)
I/C: Brayshaw (FRE) - Mills (SYD) - Petracca (MELB) - Crisp (COLL)

What am I missing with Sam Walsh this year. He seems to be in most teams. I know his stats are fairly impressive, but from the games I have watched him play, he seems to have taken on a more supportive role this year. Not kicking goals or taking the game on very often. Is he really having an AA level year?
Stats are impressive but I agree not overly damaging. Perhaps it’s the inclusion of Hewitt and Cerra (and a fit Cripps) that’s displaced his offensive game a little this year. He has the style of game that may not have a lot of upside left, and that’s not necessarily a bad thing, as he is playing at a high level for his age right now.

Serong is better than Prestia & has improved in the past month. Plays a similar game & role but is a tad more defensive & damaging. There are a lot of gun midfielders in the AFL & the AA selectors don’t seem to take 2 way players into account in the mid position. Both will struggle to make the team without the media behind them and less stats than the big name players.
Fair summary on the differences between the two players. If Serong was playing for Carlton or Collingwood he’d be getting a lot more plaudits.

Serong is our 2nd best mid in terms of trade value & output this year. I’d rate him better than Cerra already in his 3rd year.

Has further scope to improve & highly driven.

Happy to take your word for it, though as an outsider I’d have Brayshaw and Brodie ahead this season. Fyfe is still Fyfe.

He is a different type to Cerra who plays a more complimentary role.

Happy to take your word for it, though as an outsider I’d have Brayshaw and Brodie ahead this season. Fyfe is still Fyfe.

He is a different type to Cerra who plays a more complimentary role.
Fyfe has played 1 game & coming back from 12 months out so it’s going to take time. Brodie has his limitations but has still been fantastic, I’d still have him behind Serong. Brayshaw is clear No. 1.

Walsh is a gun he gets a little kick from being a vic playing for the blues.
Brayshaw has double the coaches votes as the number one mid at freo.
I’d put in him the guts but looking at a lot of other teams.
If there is going to be a mid that is pushed out to the wing it’s AB.
The best two way mid in the league this year by a margin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I totally agree on that last point, i think he is having an incredible year.

But people don't care about the defensive side of the game, everyone claims to but it's lip service. Backlines filled with ball winners, midfield stacked with one way runners and forward lines filled with offensive stars that offer very little defensive pressure.

I am not sure if it is is because people

A) Don't care about it but claim to because it makes them sound more knowledgeable

B) Find it harder to notice because you need to look for it, it doesn't just stand out.

For a long time now 2 way running mid's have been the most underrated trait in footy.

FB: Stewart (GEEL) - Grimes (RICH) - Vlastuin (RICH)
HB: Sinclair (STK) - Sicily (HAW) - Docherty (CARL)
C: Brayshaw (MELB) - Cripps (CARL) - McCluggage (BRIS)
HF: Bolton (RICH) - J.Cameron (GEEL) - Heeney (SYD)
FF: C.Cameron (BRIS) - Hawkins (GEEL) - Curnow (CARL)
R: Witts (GC) - Oliver (MELB) - Neale (BRIS)
I/C: Brayshaw (FRE) - Mills (SYD) - Petracca (MELB) - Crisp (COLL)

Brayshaw on a wing when he hasn't even played a game there all year? lol

Patrick Cripps should not be in teams any more. Been pretty ordinary over the last month.

Still coming 4th in the coaches award and got 6 coaches votes in round 13

Yeah people have a recently bias. Pretty much been BOG 6 times. The guys who would be contending to knock him out of the AA team havent done that. If he had spread those BOGs over the 12 rounds rather then stacking them up front nobody has a problem.

Similar situation with Petracca.

Regarding Walsh I would have him in the squad but not in the side. Not been as impactful as last year but still close enough to make the team if he has a big finish to the year.

Yeah Brayshaw is the classic mid that gets pushed to the wing. Plays onball but is more of a balanced mid and doesnt get massive clearance / contested posessions numbers compared to the big bulls.

Walsh would definitely be in the squad but fringe 22 at best. Simply too many mids in there this year that he’s role has changed. Can definitely see him getting that typical mid out on the wing spot though. On him being a stat padder or whatever, Carlton’s whole game plan consists of over possessing the ball. We average the most disposals a game by a considerable margin. Walsh’s role in that is to spread the ball and will rack up plenty of one-twos that inflate his disposal count. Still a damaging player but is a good example of why the disposals stat doesn’t mean that much nowadays.

Cripps is definitely still in the team. He played one bad game against Sydney but the other matches he was still good, it’s just the first 8 rounds he was the best player in the comp. Victim of setting himself up to such a high standard from the beginning of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back