Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Not an evil plan but a cunning plan - Blackadder

cunning plan.gif

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
Might be controversial but I'm not offering Dunkley huge money. If he wants to go for a large term deal let him go.

I have all the faith that someone like West/Garcia when given the opportunity could offer 80% of what dunkley can do when they get to there prime.

We should be building around generation talents at the club. I'd rather Lose Dunkley and offer Naughton a market rate deal when he comes out of contract in 2024 rather than risk any chance of losing him.

Personally i'd plan to have 1.1-1.3 million of space to make sure Naughts is a life long bulldog. We have lost mids like Dunkley before and come out of the other side. If we can keep dunks and our essential players great. If there is any risk though I'd leave Dunks open to losing him rather than losing our biggest assets.
West if given a solid run that the role Dunks is playing could do better, his football nouse and vision is better

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Club need to invest in a Netball team. The Western Dingos.

I must admit I have been wondering if clubs would go down the path of offering partners of players money to play netball for them - as a means of luring players to their club...

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Watching some of our games, our inside mids regularly get beaten up by more physical teams. We need more size and power to take the fight to other teams.

I know that West will hopefully get more midfield time soon. Do we think that Garcia can become a bully inside mid? I see him as having a great attack on the ball carrier but I worry about him not getting powerful enough.

Watching some of our games, our inside mids regularly get beaten up by more physical teams. We need more size and power to take the fight to other teams.

I know that West will hopefully get more midfield time soon. Do we think that Garcia can become a bully inside mid? I see him as having a great attack on the ball carrier but I worry about him not getting powerful enough.
He played mid as a junior but to be honest I see more of a Clay Smith type forward role for him. He's naturally a smaller, hard at it type so can really make rebounding HB types accountable

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He played mid as a junior but to be honest I see more of a Clay Smith type forward role for him. He's naturally a smaller, hard at it type so can really make rebounding HB types accountable

He would be playing the current role that Riley is playing, so Riley can move into the middle.

I still think we need a big bulldog style enforcer in the middle. Not sure where we find one but they need agility and power to play like that. Not many in AFL though.

He would be playing the current role that Riley is playing, so Riley can move into the middle.

I still think we need a big bulldog style enforcer in the middle. Not sure where we find one but they need agility and power to play like that. Not many in AFL though.
Dunkley with angry pills.
He's too nice

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Westy isn't tall but his agility is exceptional and he's very tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back