Analysis What is it with Eddie and plans?

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone else think that Eddie always referring to the compliments from senior anonymous AFL people when he has these hare-brained schemes is a bit like when you do a s**t painting at primary school and ya mum tells you how good it is?

Does anyone else think that Eddie always referring to the compliments from senior anonymous AFL people when he has these hare-brained schemes is a bit like when you do a s**t painting at primary school and ya mum tells you how good it is?

No, I don't think anyone else has ever thought that.

Eddie’s plan is so short sighted. Ok… give North 11 x Tassie games and 11 x Melbourne games. Eddie says that’s the arrangement ‘forever’. Ok …it’s 2030 and North are a very strong team …. who get 22 x home games per season and ZERO away games. Do you think the rest of the competition will accept : “yeah, that was their reward for doing a semi re-location” …. imagine the Cats played 11 games at GMHBA and 11 at Marvel every ….single …season.

Eddie’s idea is great in his own mind … but it’s lacking in any common sense at all as no-one will accept any team playing 22 x home games. It’s just ludicrous and it pains me not a single journo is smart enough to put that question to him ….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Eddie’s plan is so short sighted. Ok… give North 11 x Tassie games and 11 x Melbourne games. Eddie says that’s the arrangement ‘forever’. Ok …it’s 2030 and North are a very strong team …. who get 22 x home games per season and ZERO away games.
Wait - so who are the unlucky teams that have to give up home games to play in Tassie or Melbourne?

Wait - so who are the unlucky teams that have to give up home games to play in Tassie or Melbourne?
The rest of the comp. John Elliott offered the same thing in the early 90's when Sydney were on there knees. Carlton would play 11 away games in Sydney so we could still have 11 games in Sydney each season.

Eddie now saying he “took” his plan to St Kilda, Hawthorn and North.

This is some seriously weird behaviour. Does he think he’s like a freelance ideas man or something? I’m a bit fascinated with how this all happens. It all seems seriously bizarre.

Mostly I just think Eddie needs a job to occupy himself.

"A smell of Fitzroy" is typical overblown media hyperbole.

If Eddie hopes to convince North Melbourne to relocate to Tasmania, he's kidding himself. The members would never accept it and in the end its they who make the decision. Board members advocating for relocation against the members' wishes won't be on the board for long.

North Melbourne members would quite rightly question why they need to relocate to Tasmania when they are:
  • debt free
  • have posted profits every year for the past ten years, including a $819,000 profit last year.
  • have record membership in 2022
  • have had $17 million poured into their Arden Street base by the Victorian government since 2018.

This is some seriously weird behaviour. Does he think he’s like a freelance ideas man or something? I’m a bit fascinated with how this all happens. It all seems seriously bizarre.

Bloke jumped the shark long ago. Although there was always a vested interest there, like how billionaires who donate generously to hospitals want wings named after them, he used to stick up for the smaller clubs. Shame on him.

Eddie is embarrassing these days. If he has anyone around him that can tell him how it is, they should tell him to give himself a break from footy TV.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

World's best stadium.... jesus.

It's big, and that's about what it has going for it. In what other ways is the MCG world class anymore?

Hold up, Eddie has another plan

Actually sorry, it’s the same plan he’s had a dozen times

"There's been discussions in the last few days about this, unofficial discussions that I may have been a party to," he said.

In other words, Eddie mentioned it to his wife over breakfast that morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back