Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge fan Bangers, how close was Hagan to go top 30?
Oh my Bastyy, he was very close! Very close indeed, within the next few dozen picks in fact
(I don't know because I only do 30 and refuse the think about the rest)

PMBangers Who would you think Hawthorn would want to go after?

Both 1st and 2nd pick.

I was thinking mid either way but for me there's alot of options.

1st pick could be someone like Hollands, Sheezel, Phillipou.

There'll be a good mid out of Hollands, Sheezel, Phillipou, Ashcroft, Wardlaw, Tsatas that drops because you've gotta fit Busslinger and Lemmey there too.

And i'd take one of those, but who do you reckon? + 2nd i have no idea.

PMBangers Who would you think Hawthorn would want to go after?

Both 1st and 2nd pick.

I was thinking mid either way but for me there's alot of options.

1st pick could be someone like Hollands, Sheezel, Phillipou.

There'll be a good mid out of Hollands, Sheezel, Phillipou, Ashcroft, Wardlaw, Tsatas that drops because you've gotta fit Busslinger and Lemmey there too.

And i'd take one of those, but who do you reckon? + 2nd i have no idea.
According to my objectively correct phantom draft, Tsatas and Hustwaite WILL be Hawthorn players.

However I've got to say I think Hawthorn's focus away from midfielders should be attacking half players, Sheezel and Phillipou hit both needs well so should naturally be in consideration. Further on from that, I think Charlie Clarke is one that'd interest Hawthorn given his speed and workrate inside the forward 50, but Konstanty, Blake Drury, Seth Campbell and possible Toby McMullin would also be smaller players that'd fill that hole, McMullin in particular is one I think could bolt up the order at the Champs when more people are exposed to his poise and skill execution.

Taller players outside of the well known guys are a bit slim, but Jovan Petric from Western Jets is a tall forward that I like as a later selection, more traditional in his play style as a lead up forward but has some traits that could translate well

Love your work.
Thanks, you shouldn't though
Secretly hoping we just take Phillipou though, getting Davey that late would be a huge bonus though!
He's certainly one a lot of people seem to want, understandably so, will be interesting to see his development and form heading towards the back end of the season given the lack of top tier talent this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to my objectively correct phantom draft, Tsatas and Hustwaite WILL be Hawthorn players.

However I've got to say I think Hawthorn's focus away from midfielders should be attacking half players, Sheezel and Phillipou hit both needs well so should naturally be in consideration. Further on from that, I think Charlie Clarke is one that'd interest Hawthorn given his speed and workrate inside the forward 50, but Konstanty, Blake Drury, Seth Campbell and possible Toby McMullin would also be smaller players that'd fill that hole, McMullin in particular is one I think could bolt up the order at the Champs when more people are exposed to his poise and skill execution.

Taller players outside of the well known guys are a bit slim, but Jovan Petric from Western Jets is a tall forward that I like as a later selection, more traditional in his play style as a lead up forward but has some traits that could translate well
As long as they’re not half back flankers it’s an improvement on what we have currently 😂

Geelong ...Keeler? I guess we could hope... (arhhh North Melbourne? )

Id have thought someone would grab him earlier?...but I guess there are example of guys his height slippping out a bit as they do take time . I think Marshall was predicted early and what did Port take him at.

Just the way he plays would you say low output numbers but what he does is high end? A sort of guy who looks fantastic on a 2m youtube vid... but what does he work like .. running etc.

Is it just me or is everyone sleeping a bit on Charlie Clarke?

I've only seen a couple of Sandy matches, but it looks to me like he offers a very complete forward-mid skillset. In particular really like his intensity around the contest, has a will to be involved in everything.

I'm on board the wagon :thumbsu:
I’m onboard. His vm trial game was a nice little teaser of what is possible. I’d say he’s a lock to get drafted.

Is it just me or is everyone sleeping a bit on Charlie Clarke?

I've only seen a couple of Sandy matches, but it looks to me like he offers a very complete forward-mid skillset. In particular really like his intensity around the contest, has a will to be involved in everything.

I'm on board the wagon :thumbsu:
He's certainly not slept on here, I just think he's more a late second round prospect at this stage, but one I wouldn't be shocked to see go earlier given his strong athletic base and tenacity at the contest/ ball carrier

He's certainly not slept on here, I just think he's more a late second round prospect at this stage, but one I wouldn't be shocked to see go earlier given his strong athletic base and tenacity at the contest/ ball carrier
So, what's your expected order of selection and rough draft range for Brayden George vs Clarke vs Seth Campbell vs Jacob Konstanty?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back