Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 15 - Demons v Lions Thurs June 23rd 7:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • Demons by a lot

• Lions by a lot

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pusswah

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't know that the issue is the midfield being b- grade, there's great players in there.

They seem to be some of the most one way players you'll ever see though.

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
AFL coaches annoy me , Brissy getting flogged at the coalface but winning the hitouts and they refuse to get the ruckman to belt it to the outside of the contest

Control freak morons playing with their little X's and O's

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Hopefully this is then end of the Luke Jackson wankfest.
r0_0_800_600_w576_h298_fmax.jpg

Where’s those brisbane w***ers from 2 weeks ago carrying on how good they were when they beat st Kilda and talking up their 💩💩💩 pile of a captain zorko? Just making up the numbers aren’t you? Pathetic

Been a long two weeks for you hasn't it?

Franky_024

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
How was Ben Brown getting outmarked about 67 times tonight. it's got to be some sort of afl record. lol
His past month has been insipid and I have so far agreed with your synopsis and debate on whether he should get a spell in the VFL. However tonight i'm pretty happy with his efforts, especially when our forward entries consist on just bombing on his head. Yes, he probably should've kicked 2-3 goals, but his ability to hit packs at pace and create a loose ball in our fwd line probably contributed to at least that, maybe even more.

We always look much stronger when we're not relying on Brown to tear the game apart, but I think tonight will go a long way to improving that forward cohesion that Goodwin mentions every press conference.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
His past month has been insipid and I have so far agreed with your synopsis and debate on whether he should get a spell in the VFL. However tonight i'm pretty happy with his efforts, especially when our forward entries consist on just bombing on his head. Yes, he probably should've kicked 2-3 goals, but his ability to hit packs at pace and create a loose ball in our fwd line probably contributed to at least that, maybe even more.

We always look much stronger when we're not relying on Brown to tear the game apart, but I think tonight will go a long way to improving that forward cohesion that Goodwin mentions every press conference.
Yeah I do agree in that tonight was much improved. He got to many many more contests. For a guy that was averaging about 4 possessions a game over a month, not bringing the ball to ground is the least of my worries as that's the easiest thing to improve.

The form of Lever, Petty, Viney and Bedford were really promising. I called for a shorter forward line and we looked so much better with it.

LBJ6

Club Legend
May 6, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Heat
About a month ago*, a Melbourne poster told me how much more superior this Melbourne team is to 2010/2011 Pies outfit.

He went through every matchup and how the superior Melbourne player would easily outdo the corresponding Pies player. Year's not over, but safe to say to that idiot, no this Melbourne team wouldn't 'easily' beat the Pies 2010/2011.
That person was me and no, I didn’t go through every match up. I went through your forward line vs our full strength defense and said you would likely struggle to put 10 goals on the board.

I remain correct.

Also, genuinely lolling at the Gold Coast / North supporters constantly bringing up the crowd at the start of the thread. 38k on a Thursday night v an interstate side is more than you could ever get in your wildest dreams.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Also, genuinely lolling at the Gold Coast / North supporters constantly bringing up the crowd at the start of the thread. 38k on a Thursday night v an interstate side is more than you could ever get in your wildest dreams.
But 37,500 were Brisbane supporters.

Am I doing it right?

PCORF

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Even we beat Brisbane in a prelim at the Gabba by 10 goals and we never win prelim’s.
That’s how bad they are.

In the modern era you won prelims in 1989 1992 1994 1995 2007 2008 2009 2011 2020. Dropped quite a few as well, especially in recent years.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Huge chance we can drop out the top 4.
No time for knee jerk over reactions.

Before last night Melbourne were about to do a North from 2016 and just about tumble out of the 8.

Now Melbourne’s apparently back after one good game.

Fremantle went from Flagmantle to “where are they at?” after losses to Gold Coast and Collingwood, then back to Flagmantle again.

Too many are too quick to read a huge amount into a result here or there.

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
No time for knee jerk over reactions.

Before last night Melbourne were about to do a North from 2016 and just about tumble out of the 8.

Now Melbourne’s apparently back after one good game.

Fremantle went from Flagmantle to “where are they at?” after losses to Gold Coast and Collingwood, then back to Flagmantle again.

Too many are too quick to read a huge amount into a result here or there.
I sincerely don't believe we have been playing well at all. It's been the last 2 months. Geelong and Carlton might see us drop out. I have been saying it for a month now.

Thanks for the glass half full version though. We need it.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
I sincerely don't believe we have been playing well at all. It's been the last 2 months. Geelong and Carlton might see us drop out. I have been saying it for a month now.

Thanks for the glass half full version though. We need it.
Brisbane have looked flat for a while now, but the more concerning thing is Fagan looked genuinely worried last night.

There were plenty with the theory Melbourne were heavy loading at training with the three losses, now “bang” they freshen up after the bye and those theorists are vindicated?

Are Brisbane heavy loading now and playing the long game?

Do Brisbane have several key players under injury duress?

Bulldogs looked putrid at the end of 2021 home and away, then the engraver was practising their name half way through the third quarter of the grand final.

Brisbane were all over Melbourne in the first quarter, and the season is long. Carlton, Fremantle and Geelong are just as likely to fall off for a while.

Back