Moved Thread Who was/is the better player. Gary Ablett jnr or Dustin Martin?

Who's the better player Gary jnr or Dusty?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Barry Cable should have his legend status revoked for his disgusting off field behaviour.

Also once again Richmond fans displaying their petulant sour grapes cause their favourite is not winning this poll.

Grow up

Hasn’t even retired yet. Wait for Dustys nostalgia to kick in, in 10+ years so it can be fair.

Lmao are you kidding? Dusty isn't even close to Ablett junior.

I dunno about that, 3 Norm Smith medals is pretty impressive.

Unfortunately leaving Geelong for Gold Coast did probably damage Junior's legacy somewhat, yeah he won a brownlow up there, but if he stayed at Geelong, he would have won probably 4, maybe 5 flags and probably undisputed GOAT status.

As it stands he still is the GOAT 21st century player at least, but I just don't think the gap between him and Dusty is as wide as you think it is, Dusty has an amazing finals record, not just in Grannies and I think that has to be factored in.

Lol even Judd is better than GAJ. Better peak and not just a stat hoarder. Also better in finals. Case closed. Enjoy watching GAJ H&A games I’ll be watching the big boy games where dusty rips teams a apart
🤦

I think if there was a re- draft knowing what the players have done, most clubs would pick Dustin just because he would be more likely to win you a grand final and winning flags is what it is all about in the end.

Both have two premierships.

You’re not counting the Mickey Mouse Covid Cup as a flag are you? Embarrassing :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stay tuned for

Harry Taylor v Dylan Grimes
Corey Enright v Nick Vlastuin

In the coming weeks

Dusty by the length of the Flemington straight

Had the single biggest season that no other player will ever replicate again
Multiple Norm Smith medals (effectively won the 2020 grand final for Richmond as well)

Ablett Junior is a mere blip on the radar, while Dusty covers 99% of the map

Back