The Greens

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you consider this statement transphobic;

"I am a man and I would not want to date a women who used to be a man"?
It's cute that you think they'd want to date you.

I think you're dealing in an absolute probably based in transphobia though if you're just flat our writing off every trans woman on the planet.

Also you can just say trans woman, you don't have to go with used to be a man, people will get the idea in less words

fmd you admit you have done no research, yet claim my posts are based on virtually nothing? Grow up dude.

I didn't say I'd done no research, but it didn't sound like you'd done yours, based on your posts and this was surprising since you appeared to have some strong beliefs on this subject.

Is that acceptable for people to have to identify by biological sex on dating apps? Earlier you were questioning biological sex as a concept.
What

The following exchange sounded like you didn't believe that biological sex was more binary than gender expression which is fluid.

Obviously there is a minority of intersex people, but AFAIK we still work on the assumption that biological sex is fixed, regardless of how you identify.

Biological sex is what to you exactly?
How is it defined? What makes up someone's biological sex?

Hormones, Chromosomes, etc? I thought it was gender that was a spectrum, whereas biological sex is more binary.

Biology isn't binary people just behave like it is because its easier than the reality.

The following exchange sounded like you didn't believe that biological sex was more binary than gender expression which is fluid.

Obviously there is a minority of intersex people, but AFAIK we still work on the assumption that biological sex is fixed, regardless of how you identify.
Go troll on the bay for a while

Go troll on the bay for a while
Question Reaction GIF by ProBit Global

Hey Adam! Suck on a few of these you MONSTER!!!

🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺:australia:

He and his nonsense is a big reason the Greens cant get above 15%
Have a sook about a flag campaigner

In what way is a trans person's biological sex not binary?
In the rare intersex cases where both genitalia are present due to in utero hormone issues.

But I would say that most trans I encounter (via work so could well be a skewed group) seem more to be psychological
  • 4 trans men responding to early childhood sexual trauma to reject the female victim identity/ self protection
  • 1 wanting to trans woman because their mother preferred their sisters to them

🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺:australia:🇦🇺:australia:

And he is the reason why the Greens hold the balance in the Senate, with the fact he upsets you so much being a nice little bonus

And the Australian flag is nothing more than a Butcher's Apron

And he is the reason why the Greens hold the balance in the Senate, with the fact he upsets you so much being a nice little bonus

And the Australian flag is nothing more than a Butcher's Apron
I like to think people wearing the flag as clothing are paying their own tribute to Abbie Hoffman. If they're not doing that then they just look stupid.

Last edited:
Have you read the AGV constitution to know what the rules are around elections to fill a casual vacancy and the differences between those and a regular party position election?

Yes - I have actually. The Constitution itself is silent on the process for casual vacancies, it is dealt with in the by-laws.
You haven't proved that they're not.

Except "they" are two different entities here. The Administrative Review Panel annulled the election. Samantha Ratnam, who is not on the ARP, is who recommended Gale not run again. You're conflating them to make a point.

Fair point, I didn't realise she wasn't attached to the ARP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact there are trans and intersex people proves that biological sex is not binary.
The agitators want us to feel like it is the end of the world if this is true, therefore it can't be.

Day to day we don't really need to make the distinction so they are really just fear mongering that instead of going to church we we will all sit at home asking each other our pronouns and... KABOOM!

Not a fan of the stunt at all or a supporter of the Greens. But this post is odd.

At the last election

- the Nationals got 3.6% of the primary vote

- the Qld LNP got 8% of the vote

-the Liberals got 23.89% of the vote

Supporters of these parties are the ones getting most upset about the flag issue. Comparing their vote to the Greens should not get them excited.

In fact the first preference vote of the traditional major parties has been in almost constant decline since 1948.

And in 2022 the election results showed us that, for the most part, people are focussed on current issues such as climate change, energy policy, housing affordability and equality (gender, sexuality and race). Issues that were almost ignored in media coverage of the election when it came to serious discussion of policy issues.

And here again we have the lazy arsed media are looking backwards to the old play book . This time to the queen and country BS and thinking people really give a toss about defending the current Australian flag.

The evidence of past Federal elections and especially the one we had just a month ago suggests they really don't.

Shifting the flag was a dumb arse move for the sole reason it shifted focus away from the issues Bandt was talking about (energy policy btw) and gave a platform for the usual suspects to express faux outrage and play their usual dog whistling politics. And surprise, surprise one of the media outlets has latched on to the views a Vietnam war 'hero' to pump the clicks of the outraged.

C'mon guys (and ladies) in the Australian media we ain't in 1968 any more.

And FFS Bandt - lift your game. Be smart. Your days of uni politics are long gone. In the language of the AFL and BF - giving a free kick to the opposition is just dumb.

Last edited:
And surprise, surprise one of the media outlets has latched on to the views a Vietnam war 'hero' to pump the clicks of the outraged.

I’m so glad that “hero” killed all those Viet Cong so I could fly my flag in Australia. The Vietnamese were just moments away from invading Australia and denying us the right to fly the flag, so I’m glad this “hero” killed them all in their villages over there……

And before anyone starts with “he didn’t have a choice” I looked up his biography, he wasn’t a conscript, he voluntarily enlisted in the army, volunteered for officer school and then SASR so he knew full well what he was getting into

This country is not a America with all that “thank you for your service” rah rah rah rubbish. Soldiers, you did your job, you got paid for it, and you don’t now get to dictate to others what to think.

It’s shits me to tears to see redneck media wheel out some redneck ex soldier and cry about how we don’t honour the flag as if it’s theirs alone.

To me the Australian flag is a much a symbol of the White Australia policy or being draped over the shoulders of some Bogan in Cronulla as it is a symbol of the Australian military.

Last edited:
They also aren't the flags of imperialists that have ducked up and stolen large amounts of land from other people

Look if I had my way we’d only need one flag, one that represents all Australian not one that has the UK flag occupying 25% of it.

Here’s a great design for a smart new flag with actual Australian symbolism behind it:

Even the AA or TSI flags?

As long as they aren’t doing it to incite illegal racial vilification, yes.

But let’s be frank if a group of people are burning an indigenous flag we pretty much know why they’re doing it.

For Indigenous people burning an Australian flag they’ve got a point, that flag represents a government that wanted to breed and assimilate their race out of existence. It’s pretty much genocide done on a longer timeframe

I’m so glad that “hero” killed all those Viet Cong so I could fly my flag in Australia. The Vietnamese were just moments away from invading Australia and denying us the right to fly the flag, so I’m glad this “hero” killed them all in their villages over there……

And before anyone starts with “he didn’t have a choice” I looked up his biography, he wasn’t a conscript, he voluntarily enlisted in the army, volunteered for officer school and then SASR so he knew full well what he was getting into

This country is not a America with all that “thank you for your service” rah rah rah rubbish. Soldiers, you did your job, you got paid for it, and you don’t now get to dictate to others what to think.

It’s shits me to tears to see redneck media wheel out some redneck ex soldier and cry about how we don’t honour the flag as if it’s theirs alone.

To me the Australian flag is a much a symbol of the White Australia policy or being draped over the shoulders of some Bogan in Cronulla as it is a symbol of the Australian military.
Have a brother-in-law who was seriously wounded in Vietnam and treated like s**t by Australia and DVA on his return. He still suffers serious health effects from the injury.

Is he a hero? He doesn't think so. He in fact rarely if ever talks about his time on tour and has never attended an Anzac Day parade. His number was called and he was required by law to go to a country that he knew nothing about to kill or by killed for reasons he had no interest in. They numbered in the tens of thousands - mostly barely out of their teens if at all.

Although I have never asked, I reckon he would say that his views on the flag and other matters of politics have nothing to do with his service. And he would not be alone.

Veterans using their service as a platform for political statements on media are most often the ones showing dis-respect to other veterans and their country.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back