Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 15 - Eagles v Bombers Fri June 24th 8:40pm EST/ 6:40pm WST (Optus)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

• Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Sorry, I have to wash my hair Friday night

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Or the fans know they only had another win or two in them this year and knew tonight was certainty

Weather was perfect, Eagles had a beatable opponent, and WA-based Essendon fans always turn out in big numbers, so all the factors were there for a respectable crowd. 41k on a Friday night would normally be embarrassing but I'll give it a pass mark this season.

The system says they are.
We aren't in a position to play or win finals.
We need to be competitive to keep the kids interested, but lose to get the highest picks possible.
These are the perfect results for us atm unfortunately.
I dunno, I'd rather watch West Coast win than tank. Might be the difference between a club like essendon and West coast

I dunno, I'd rather watch West Coast win than tank. Might be the difference between a club like essendon and West coast
I don't understand some of our fans hoping for a high draft pick as oppoosed to winning and building towards becoming a good side. I'm sick and tired of Essendon being perennial losers and a laughing stock every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon are rebuilding. Half our list is 22 and under. Wins don't mean much atm. Its about development for our time. Part of that development is not getting the kids belted every week. And the other part is continuing the rebuild - picks.

Wins don't mean much? winning means everything it's build confidence,belief in what you are trying to achive and a winning culutre

Regarldess of where the team is the number one goal should always be trying to win every week other wise whats the point of playing in this league

Dylan Shiel's totally fallen of the cliff, almost sad how bad he's become, was an absolute gun at GWS

Essendon are rebuilding. Half our list is 22 and under. Wins don't mean much atm. Its about development for our time. Part of that development is not getting the kids belted every week. And the other part is continuing the rebuild - picks.

You do have very good young talent on the list, but what I don't get is why on of Reid or ZT, weren't playing last night.

Bailey Williams (who is 2 years younger) cops all sorts of s**t from our own supporters, let alone oppo ones, matched him if it not beat him in every way. Either one is severely underrated or the opposite
Yet Essendon won the Hitouts (by 10.) As we have in every game bar one this year.

Last edited:
Losing to the 2022 Eagles would have to be the bombers' lowest point since 💉💉
Not even close. One spot on the ladder separates both teams and they were playing on the eagles home ground.

Yet Essendon won the Hitouts (by 10.) As we have in every game bar one this year.

Due to Bryan not completing spudding the game like Jamieson did

Williams and Draper's stats were almost identical, yet one is considered the next gun ruck by a few and one is considered borderline useless, despite being almost 2 years younger. Fwiw I think both will become competent AFL level rucks, don't really see either being a star though.

Back