Rumour Jordan De Goey - The Oracle that is Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

Context goes a long way, it appears most people just look at a single 2 second act and come to their own conclusion. It may not have been the right thing to do, but the media and the perfect people of bigfooty are making out hes just gone up to some stranger and ripped her top off. Clearly they get along and clearly she has no issue with it. What if he tapped her on the bum during the night, is that sexual assault also? Or is there no footage of that? They’re friends and they got touchy, big whoopie.
Context people. So many hero’s in here.

He made eye contact with me, he must be taken to the iron maiden!!

Clubs have all kinds of individual conduct rules that we don’t know about, the other week a young Freo player missed a game because he got on the piss after a game

Just because no formal laws had been broken doesn't mean he hasn’t broken any club rules or standards/ code of conduct
Okay, understood. What club rules and what specific code of conduct. Can anybody clarify this?

Okay, understood. What club rules and what specific code of conduct. Can anybody clarify this?
Nope, but why does that matter?
Did you know about the alcohol drinking rules that Fremantle has? Or every individual clause in each players personalised contract or rules established by leadership groups of clubs?

How are we supposed to know? Why do you keep asking this as if Collingwood’s lawyers are sitting here on BigFooty about to post Jordan’s entire contract and highlight the clauses that have been affected? I’d imagine there would be a social media policy that outlines something along the lines of Jordan being an extension of Collingwood’s brand and he should not put their brand in jeopardy with sponsors and what not. Not everything needs to be illegal by the letter of the law to get you in trouble with your employer.

Personally, my posts regarding this have been about how people are saying this is a nonstory or defending his actions as typical fun. How Collingwood handle their own employee’s behaviour is beyond anything I care about. I don’t think anyone is saying Jordan should be going to jail or should be missing games, but a consistent showing of disrespecting women would get most people in trouble from their employer especially considering the company’s public image.

I love it how when Chris Scott was asked on AFL360 if Geelong would make a move for DeGoey, Scott says it's not a decision for a coach but rather for the list management team, yet this morning Voss a head coach says the Blues aren't interested.

He made eye contact with me, he must be taken to the iron maiden!!
e203fa2252590980233dfb43647d98b6.jpg

I love it how when Chris Scott was asked on AFL360 if Geelong would make a move for DeGoey, Scott says it's not a decision for a coach but rather for the list management team, yet this morning Voss a head coach says the Blues aren't interested.

So there's no cross departmental collaboration or whatever you call it and that at Carlton and that man? Voss is control freaking it.. sort of a thing?

It is possible that the two clubs have different decision making structures.

I heard him speak today - I’ll put my hand up and say his articulation and sensibilitiy was far above your usual footballer.

I suspect the ADHD thing may have some merit.......but more likely he’s got an issue with the ‘gear’...big time.

How are we supposed to know? Why do you keep asking this as if Collingwood’s lawyers are sitting here on BigFooty about to post Jordan’s entire contract and highlight the clauses that have been affected? I’d imagine there would be a social media policy that outlines something along the lines of Jordan being an extension of Collingwood’s brand and he should not put their brand in jeopardy with sponsors and what not. Not everything needs to be illegal by the letter of the law to get you in trouble with your employer.

Personally, my posts regarding this have been about how people are saying this is a nonstory or defending his actions as typical fun. How Collingwood handle their own employee’s behaviour is beyond anything I care about. I don’t think anyone is saying Jordan should be going to jail or should be missing games, but a consistent showing of disrespecting women would get most people in trouble from their employer especially considering the company’s public image.
If you don't care, okay, be silent.

People usually repeat a q when it hasn't been answered. In this case even the club has no clear reason, apart from generalities. Again, what is the specific reason and breach which triggered the club's response? If it's just "a bad look" or "in response to media", then geewizz well done.

Have a gizz at this:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a kid I remember hearing about the Salem witch trials. I was shocked that a community would be so ignorant to sentence people based on innuendo, without any burden of proof. I'm not shocked anymore, but I still think it's ignorant.
When was christian on trial?

Not sure why there was so much debate about his actions. The story here is he has form and Collingwood would’ve been demanding he doesn’t find his way on to the front page of the waiting, salivating media.

The fact the he either wasn’t aware that he was under scrutiny or couldn’t care less because he was on the piss shows you where his head’s at.

When you have a track record; when the media’s waiting for you to even slightly put a foot wrong, then that is dopey.

Shows a lack of consideration for your club, the officials and teammates. All of whom have had front the press do damage control or have the hyenas swarm all over them on their way to training.

Have some respect for those around you who have no doubt already helped you in the past and keep a low profile.

To be fair that has more to do with how much respect Stephen Wells has at geelong than anything else..no list decisions get made without him and scott has a very consultative approach and defers to Wells on that.

So there's no cross departmental collaboration or whatever you call it and that at Carlton and that man? Voss is control freaking it.. sort of a thing?

If Mitchell has to be a dictator to ensure de Goey doesnt come to Hawthorn Im okay with it.

Scott was playing the gutless politician. Voss told the truth. One of those 2 things are good.

Ratten was also gutless when he said they are looking at all free agents and dont rule anything in or out.

Feels very much like Collingwood have made up their mind too. Just wont announce it til October.

If Mitchell has to be a dictator to ensure de Goey doesnt come to Hawthorn Im okay with it.

Scott was playing the gutless politician. Voss told the truth. One of those 2 things are good.

Ratten was also gutless when he said they are looking at all free agents and dont rule anything in or out.

Feels very much like Collingwood have made up their mind too. Just wont announce it til October.
Looks like he's going to Hawthorn then.

This reminds me of the time when the Rudd govt announced the mining tax and that man.. could have asked anyone.. what do you reckon of it and that man.. you reckon its good and that man.. and I'll bet a gorilla that most folk would've answered with a yeah man.. bout time they paid their bloody share.. bloody exploiting resources that belong to us and that man.. or nah man.. bloody government.. we wouldn't bloody be what we are without bloody mining.. saved our economy it bloody did.. and so on and so forth and that man.

Then you ask em.. how much is the tax man.. what percentage will the increased revenue be of the total federal budget.. who will it be charged to.. how will it be calculated.. who proposed it and why.. what other taxes were proposed alongside it.. which ones are being adopted and why.. what will be the flow on effects.. how far into the future are you assessing those flow on effects.. what are your values.. what do you think is important in tax policy.. and they don't know the answers.

Awesome guys.. I'm fed up with De Goey.. but.. please.. don't ask me questions.

Bizzare.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back