USA Roe, the evangelicals and the war on choice

There would be another progressive on the supreme court right now.
The Republican senate wouldn't have confirmed anyone before the end of Obama's term, so things would have worked out the same.

Nov 3, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
It would be nice if the heavily democratic states combined and heavily republican states combined and formed their own separate countries.

The republican country would be reporting mass shootings and rapes every day and eventually bankrupt itself with all the corruption, whereas the democratic country would spend their time in the development and advancement of their country.

It would be nice if the heavily democratic states combined and heavily republican states combined and formed their own separate countries.

The republican country would be reporting mass shootings and rapes every day and eventually bankrupt itself with all the corruption, whereas the democratic country would spend their time in the development and advancement of their country.

Does the republican one call itself Gilead?

Nov 17, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday

Unfortunately you're stuck with 35% very unhappy on either side.

It's completely impractical, but some version of this is still the best solution I've heard. Else I don't see how they avert the gradual but seemingly inevitable consolidation of power on the far-right. If they're going to take power - I'd rather they only get keys to half the joint.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Sad day.

And it's just going to divide America more if people move to pro choice or pro life states depending on their POV.

Hopefully this means women shut the gate either by choice or because of the risk of pregnancy. Or maybe there will be an increase in vasectomies.

Can't have conservative men thinking that sex will be anywhere near as free and uncomplicated as it has been in the past.

Nov 3, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Unfortunately you're stuck with 35% very unhappy on either side.

It's completely impractical, but some version of this is still the best solution I've heard. Else I don't see how they avert the gradual but seemingly inevitable consolidation of power on the far-right. If they're going to take power - I'd rather they only get keys to half the joint.

That 35% will have to pick the lesser of 2 evils lol.

The to and fro-ing of left vs right is holding back humanity so much. Nothing meaningful gets done and it's the eternal struggle in fighting over the same things when there is no point preaching and trying to reason with the converted. Roe v Wade was ruled in the 70's and 50 years later they are still fighting over it.

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
Mar 29, 2007
Rand McNally
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
This is a powerful video. Almost unbelievable, if you couldn't see and hear them saying this stuff. Even then, it's hard to believe and impossible to understand someone saying this kind of thing.

Feel like I need a shower after watching that.. that’s some taliban level ignorance there

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
Feel like I need a shower after watching that.. that’s some taliban level ignorance there
They really aren't much different from the Taliban except they're Christian and there is still a strong opposition.

If they thought they could win an armed conflict against their adversaries they wouldn't be gaming the system and using dirty tricks.

Mar 29, 2007
Rand McNally
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
They really aren't much different from the Taliban except they're Christian and there is still a strong opposition.

If they thought they could win an armed conflict against their adversaries they wouldn't be gaming the system and using dirty tricks.
I’m sure given the opportunity some of the religious nut jobs would go Old Testament on gays, single mothers, and poor people

Back