VFL 2022 Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Sheldrick, Roberts and HHK all showing some good signs. Other than Amartey doesn't look like many out there today who might have much of an impact at AFL level this year
Melican had a good half.

Indhi Kirk was selected for the Allies squad which is playing today
and Kaelan Bradtke is a Corowa boy.

What is the process that Sydney can select them for VFL?

So Kirk opted to play in our VFL side instead of for the Allies in the U18s championships which would basically serve as an audition to the other 17 clubs?

If that isn't a nomination of club of choice, then I don't know what is ;)

Melican had a good half.

Came in here to say that very same thing. Key defender is the worst role you can play in the VFL trying to earn a senior recall. Bit of a graveyard position at lower levels. He's done all that you'd want him to do in recent weeks.

Melican had a good half.
Thought he had a couple of average moments in the 1st q (along with some good ones to be fair) but agree that it was a very solid 2nd q. I'm still worried that his lack of agility and slow first couple of steps will get exploited at the next level up. Enjoyable game though.

Thought he had a couple of average moments in the 1st q (along with some good ones to be fair) but agree that it was a very solid 2nd q. I'm still worried that his lack of agility and slow first couple of steps will get exploited at the next level up. Enjoyable game though.
Of course as soon as I post that he gets a good fist in on the lead

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Pardon my lack of Sydney geography, but is that the SCG at the back of the goal on the left.
On most maps you'll find it as Tramway Oval. But in most Swans comms & local chat you'll see it referred to as Lakeside Oval - not only because its next to the lake, but also a hat tip to South Melb days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Is this Amartey's best game in his career?

5.2, 23 touches, 1 tackle and 3 clearances. Big.
7 marks, 5 inside 50 on top of his 5 goals.

Has really ironed out so many of his weaknesses, vastly improved from a couple of years ago.

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Sheldrick has (quite understandably) played limited game time.

But it’s just terrific to see an 18 year old poleaxe blokes ten years his senior. And his clean hands out of packs are genuinely impressive.

Also great to see Corey Warner get much more heavily involved. Very fleet of foot with good evasive skills.

And did anybody note Gould’s kick-ins? He’d trot out a few yards then launch bombs that were landing 70m out.

Hugo was much quieter today - but nonetheless a really good outing for our younger brigade.

alex4445

Team Captain
Sep 20, 2006
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
Gould looks like a different player when he is playing aggressively in both attack and defence. I think when he is playing passively he ends up back on his heels which makes his lack of pace and agility render him ineffective. When he is always on the move he looks like a powerful effective brute of a player.

Warner looked much more confident and comfortable out there and showed why we picked him up in the first place.

Hugo is so fast and aggressive he is going to be a really exciting player kudos to the drafting team.

Amartey continues to show so much at reserves level. If he is able to convert it to senior level he will fly past Mclean.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back