Game Day 2022 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturday night looking even more vital. We could be playing a fired up Essendon next week coming off a loss to West Coast!
so hang on...

If Essendon had've won this then next week is so dangerous as Essendon look like finding some form
If Essendon lose this (as they will) then next week is so dangerous as Essendon are coming off a loss to West Coast

Never change swans board

Nah Essendon lose and fire up for next week to beat us

Am I doomsdaying correctly?

ha ha

no way we lose to Essendon this year mate, dont care how s**t we play tomorrow

so hang on...

If Essendon had've won this then next week is so dangerous as Essendon look like finding some form
If Essendon lose this (as they will) then next week is so dangerous as Essendon are coming off a loss to West Coast

Never change swans board
Exactly right... every game is a danger game the way we are playing at the moment!!!

All seriousness though, if we had have nabbed Barass our backline would have been sorted. Great player.

#LOLESSENDON

Exactly right... every game is a danger game the way we are playing at the moment!!!

All seriousness though, if we had have nabbed Barass our backline would have been sorted. Great player.

#LOLESSENDON
So every week is a vital game? No more or no less then the previous or the next week right?

We may as well not say this game is vital cuz next week is a danger game, cuz its exactly the same every week.

So every week is a vital game? No more or no less then the previous or the next week right?

We may as well not say this game is vital cuz next week is a danger game, cuz its exactly the same every week.
Every week is a vital game, every game is a danger game. Set your expectations low so you can't be disappointed. Come on mate, you know this stuff. Throw in a couple of complete pessimists that tell you that we are not anywhere near (insert current ladder leading team here) and a couple of over the top optimists that tell you everything is fine while the house burns around you and you reach the finely balanced environment that is the Bigfooty Swans board that we all know and love.

I didn't have the cojones to actually tip them but I saw the win coming, mainly because Essendon are so unreliable. I think West Coast may have fixed themselves a bit during the bye though, they ton up and beat Essendon and really pushed Geelong last week.

Interesting watching Bontompelli walking along the boundary after the game slapping hands. No eye contact whatever. Totally fake.

I doubt footy players enjoy being forced to do PR or that many of them genuinely care about fans.

Interesting watching Bontompelli walking along the boundary after the game slapping hands. No eye contact whatever. Totally fake.

I'm no Bontempelli fan but some players are genuinely just uncomfortable with that kind of attention and adoration. They give the high-fives so the kids can say "Dad! Bontempelli high-fived me!" but doesn't mean they have to enjoy doing it. I'm sure there are those whose definition of "playing for the fans" is simply to go out there, do the club proud, get the win and then go home.

I remember when I met Jake Lloyd once and told him he was my favourite player. He looked shocked initially, like he'd never heard that before, but then just became visibly uncomfortable and tried to smile and nod his way through our little exchange. I instantly regretted saying it as it dawned on me that Lloyd might be the type who doesn't seek that kind of gratification from playing footy.

so hang on...

Never change swans board
If we aren't think any and every team is dangerous on any given day, then we are setting out to lose...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every week is a vital game, every game is a danger game. Set your expectations low so you can't be disappointed. Come on mate, you know this stuff. Throw in a couple of complete pessimists that tell you that we are not anywhere near (insert current ladder leading team here) and a couple of over the top optimists that tell you everything is fine while the house burns around you and you reach the finely balanced environment that is the Bigfooty Swans board that we all know and love.
I disagree here a bit Mister B.

If we do not accept every AFL team is a danger to win/loss ratio, the we are disrespecting them and ourselves.

I don't sent my expectations low, I expect us to win... every game I go to, every game I watch... right up until late in the 4th, I'm expecting us to pull something out of the hat... I prefer that ride, than the low expectation ride.

Teams that are learning, rebuilding, filled with Covid substitutes can all pull one out of the bag. They can all play a blinder on any given day where it all clicks.

Either all games are danger games, or none are imo...

However poor we think Wicks may have been this year, he's never been Cody-Weightman-getting-1-disposal-and-it-being-a-turnover-from-76%-TOG poor.
Bet the disposal was from a free too

For mine team:

• I never rated St Kilda since the start of the season (softish draw, couple of cheap wins against good sides, some really bad losses)
  • Essendon are rubbish
  • West Coast beating Essendon last night confirms point 2
  • St Kilda are still rubbish

For mine team:

• I never rated St Kilda since the start of the season (softish draw, couple of cheap wins against good sides, some really bad losses)
  • Essendon are rubbish
  • West Coast beating Essendon last night confirms point 2
  • St Kilda are still rubbish

How often do the opposition have really poor games against us? we have had to earn our wins.

To be fair to Freo their forward line is average and they have the 5th-youngest midfield in the comp (after Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Adelaide and Sydney.)

Which suggests that if they can nab a decent forward or two, and their midfield continues to develop, they will be a pretty balanced side in a few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back