Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 15 - Blues v Freo Sat June 25th 1:45pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Come on. Deliberately poking an umpire in the chest. You don't do that these days. There's a charge in that.
Not trying to argue, but you might be looking at the wrong thing.

Watch again and look at Fyfe's back. You can see Cottrell's hand push him towards the ump.

I don't think anyone who's seen that part of the footage can argue 'deliberate'.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I’ve heard a lot of crap but Carlton fans telling me how good Pittonet is tops it I think 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I mean... TDK had a great game today but Pitto walks back into that side as clear first ruck. No superstar to be sure but was bloody important to our clearance game prior to going down, that tap TDK put down someone's throat near the end of the 3rd quarter - Pitto was doing that several times a game.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
You're making it sound like WWE, bro.

hey! I like WWE

download.jpg

Not trying to argue, but you might be looking at the wrong thing.

Watch again and look at Fyfe's back. You can see Cottrell's hand push him towards the ump.

I don't think anyone who's seen that part of the footage can argue 'deliberate'.

The bigger issue is the AFL website trying to make something out of it.

Anyone with half a brain will realise Fyfe was pushed into the umpire - and he only raised his hand largely to protect the umpire and make sure he didn't fall into him. It was the epitome of umpire care, as opposed to anything malicious.

The rules as they stand - the person who pushed Fyfe is most likely to get a fine.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Um.... Debatable.....

Then again. I enjoyed rounds 3-8.

Sure some fringe players got covid and sat at home on the weekend. But it was a blessing in disguise rotating the fringe and 2nd tier players
I'd prefer Walters and Switta in the forward line, Chapman in the back 6 and Acres and O'Droscoll on the wings.

Having said that, I think Henry was pretty good today in parts. Think he could be a good high half/wing in time.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Eventually people will see as legit. I admit certain clubs do get a reputation for losing and it takes longer to see them as serious contenders. I was late on Richmond and Melbourne for this reason. So I can understand why some see us that way but we are the next real deal
We will see......

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Seems clear to me that Fyfe gets a shove from behind and instinctively puts his hand up more as a protective action to avoid a bigger collision with the ump.

No case to answer IMO.

Just happy/relieved to get away with the win.
Doesn't bother me if Fyfe gets pinged or not quite frankly

Forty3

All Australian
Apr 13, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
I’ve heard a lot of crap but Carlton fans telling me how good Pittonet is tops it I think 🤣🤣🤣🤣
9BFF8C00-DF69-442B-8A73-DFBCB0F53DC1.jpeg

He makes us a much much better team. He’s not a superstar world beating around the ground ruckman.
But his actual ruck craft is very good. He can navigate the other teams number 1 ruck and break even a lot better than Tom. Which in turn allows TDK to play fwd and to ruck against the oppositions 2nd. A little like the Gawn and Jackson relationship has been working.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
I've always liked Freo and a number of Freo supporters on Bigfooty can attest to that. It doesn't change that Lobb has been heavily overpaid for what he's delivered his entire career.
Regardless if Lobb is overpaid or not.

I like this current Freo side. This Dockers side is good enough to make finals. Like Ross Lyons 2012-15 Freo finals side, the weakness is the forward line scoring.

I can accept Freo being a medium scoring side Kicking 11-14 goals a game.

I rather have freos current forward line "weakness" than the 2012-15 side.

That 2012-15 side was heavily reliant on ageing Kpf in Pavlich, a medium-sized Chris Mayne at CHF and Walters and Ballantyne up as small forwards.

The current Freo forward line.....

Rory Lobb and Taberner can play FF. Jye Amiss and Josh Tracey are both 190-195 cm and young too.

Walters, Frederick, Schulz and Switkowski can all play as smalls on a forward flank or on a wing

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Weitering > Kemp
McGovern > Plowman
Cerra > Cottrell
Cuningham > Motlop
Williams > Newnes
Marchbank > Newman
Pittonet > TDK/Silvagni
Neither TDK or Silvagni are going anywhere to make way for Pitto, it'll be someone else. If available they'll play all 3, was working ok till Pitto went down (round 6 iirc?)

PrinceCharles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Neither TDK or Silvagni are going anywhere to make way for Pitto, it'll be someone else. If available they'll play all 3, was working ok till Pitto went down (round 6 iirc?)
Yeah I don't want them to be left out, but couldn't be bothered putting time into figuring out where we had an extra small to come out tbh.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Is that all?
I just think it's weird. Most people are happy to discuss the game. It's just a bit of fun on the weekend.

For some reason you think starting shitfights is a better use of your time.

It just gets tiresome for the rest of us who can maturely contribute something without troll posting.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
I just think it's weird. Most people are happy to discuss the game. It's just a bit of fun on the weekend.

For some reason you think starting shitfights is a better use of your time.

It just gets tiresome for the rest of us who can maturely contribute something without troll posting.

You spent most of the afternoon sooking about the umpires.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
You spent most of the afternoon sooking about the umpires.
I was commenting on the game.

Either one of two things is happening.
A) You think a team who has defeated the top 2 teams and has 14 wins will miss finals
or
B) You're a troll.

Time to find out.

If it's A - I'll take the bet.
If it's B - you've just outed yourself as a troll.

Which one is it?

Back