Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 15 - Cats v Tigers Sat June 25th 4:35pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Free kicks don't need to be equal. Richmond were poorly disciplined and also had a lot of HTB calls against early because they were objectively too slow disposing of the ball. That's a difference in skill level.

26 frees against isn't even particularly high. It's probably more Geelong's discipline to only give away 13 ourselves that's the key here.

26 frees against isn't even particularly high. It's probably more Geelong's discipline to only give away 13 ourselves that's the key here.
Discipline? You do realise that when Stewart ran passed the ball and knocked out Prestia, not only was it not a free kick, but they played on the game over Prestia getting helped by the trainers not knowing what planet he's on, with a Cats goal not long after.

But yeh, it was your "discipline"....

if Richmond fans are upset by the free kick differential maybe your players should stop giving away so many free kicks

Well normally a hanger isn't a free against but normally also the coaches twin isn't in charge of the umps in a 'professional' sports league. It is what it is though I guess.

Tigers fans need to remember that Prestia going down was actually the tonic that forced you to switch the magnets around. Before that, we were very happy with our matchups. Baker going into the middle was an absolute game changer, and his intensity is what nearly got you guys over the line.

Cracking game and one of the best I've seen this year.
I don't agree with this. Hardwick would have changed the magnets regardless. He does it every week to good enough effect.

Richmond got overrun early but they would have steadied. Prestia going out was a huge loss.

That it happened so early he only added to the significant outs for this game of Cotchin, Lambert and Balta.

Want me to show you that it took three very obvious suspendable offences for Gary Ablett Jr to get suspended once a few years back?

Was there a Geelong connection then? Is there a Geelong connection now?
Mate Cotchin was allowed to play in a Grand Final after basically a similar act to what Stewart did on Prestia today. The AFL let's the "great players" off the hook all the time, it doesn't matter which colours they wear. Everyone knows this.

Discipline? You do realise that when Stewart ran passed the ball and knocked out Prestia, not only was it not a free kick, but they played on the game over Prestia getting helped by the trainers not knowing what planet he's on, with a Cats goal not long after.

that happened once though, so yep that was one missed free kick for sure, what about the rest?

You think a single isolated example trumps an entire 4 quarters of play, do you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why didn't the trainer call for a stretcher?

Well normally a hanger isn't a free against but normally also the coaches twin isn't in charge of the umps in a 'professional' sports league. It is what it is though I guess.
The free was for a block on someone else though, wasn't it? Also yeah I see what you're saying and you're right. After getting Agent Hocking back and sending Agent Scott in we're now looking at sending in Agent Dangerfield once his playing days are over and Agent Scott has sufficiently bent the rules to benefit us before getting run out of his post

Mate Cotchin was allowed to play in a Grand Final after basically a similar act to what Stewart did on Prestia today. The AFL let's the "great players" off the hook all the time, it doesn't matter which colours they wear. Everyone knows this.
LOL same as Stewart’s off the ball hit? Cotchin literally contested the same ball as him and won. Youre quite special aren’t you

that happened once though, so yep that was one missed free kick for sure, what about the rest?
Well if you watch it, not getting pinged for HTB is not an example of being disciplined, it's an example of the umpires missing a call.

I don't blame the umpires today mind you, we ran out of gas and missed our best midfielder were far bigger factors. Either way I'm really happy with the effort and I can look beyond the one game, long term we'll be alright this season. Not at our best but in the hunt amongst the teams who aren't Melbourne.

If you're an adult I'd reevaluate yourself with a long hard stare into the mirror.

Jesus this might be the worst post on bigfooty. Congratulations.

Cotchin and Shiel were contesting the ball and Cotchin clipped him slightly on the chin, Stewart ran past the ball and polaxed an unaware player

Well if you watch it, not getting pinged for HTB is not an example of being disciplined, it's an example of the umpires missing a call.

I don't blame the umpires today mind you, we ran out of gas and missed our best midfielder were far bigger factors. Either way I'm really happy with the effort and I can look beyond the one game, long term we'll be alright this season. Not at our best but in the hunt amongst the teams who aren't Melbourne.
yeah but none of us could ever sit here and say that the umpires favoured any particular team

Na recently we've been pretty good in finals

Four out of competitive finals in 2018, two out of two in 2019 and an epic win in Perth v WC in 2020, that's 7 of our last 8 finals

You got blown away horribly twice just last year
Of course. 'Pretty good'. Eleven goal loss to this supposedly uncompetitive Geelong team. A hellacious choke against GWS and gave up a 5 goal lead to WC the year before.

Finals are to be won. There is actually no % like in h&a incase you haven't noticed? Don't care that much for 'competitive'. Our w/l in finals has been the issue.

Back