Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Good lawd I want us to draft him.

Where do the resident draft watchers/followers on here Davo-27, theiaofseed see him going at this stage? Will he last to pick 5/6 or beyond? Is he showing that he's got the ability to play fulltime midfield in the big leagues?
I read the north draft thread. They have some good draft watchers. One of their prominent posters heard whispers that they like him a lot.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Really need this kid. He is class. Have to finish bottom 4, which on last night is on the cards. Don’t need pointless wins to finish the season and cost us a gun.

We are a good chance of finishing in the bottom four. North and WCE are locks. That just leaves us, Essendon and Adelaide fighting it out.

I think we have two wins (North and WCE), maybe three with Adelaide too.

GWS away
Adelaide at Marvel
WCE at the G
North in Tassie
Saints at Marvel
GCS in Tassie
Richmond at the G
Doggies in Tassie

Adelaide should beat North tomorrow and jump ahead of us for the time being. They have:

North in Tassie
Melbourne at home
Us at Marvel
Pies at home
Sydney away
Carlton at home
WCE away
North at home
Port at home

They should win three (North x2 and WCE), and potentially five (us and Port).

Who knows what Essendon will dish up. One week they look great the next they look garbage.

If JHF leaves back to SA as expected I can just see the AFL providing norf with a priority pick so they can get best mates Ashcroft (assuming he doesn't take F/S option) and Sheezel at 1 & 2. Just like they did for the Suns with Rowell and Anderson.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If JHF leaves back to SA as expected I can just see the AFL providing norf with a priority pick so they can get best mates Ashcroft (assuming he doesn't take F/S option) and Sheezel at 1 & 2. Just like they did for the Suns with Rowell and Anderson.
Ashcroft will choose Bris if North end up with pick 1.

Burtman

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
North won’t get a priority pick after only two years of being s**t. Carlton were worse for way longer and only got a shitty state league player package.

TassieGrown

All Australian
Aug 2, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No chance Ashcroft doesn’t end up at the lions.

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
They will get two top ten picks for JHF if he leaves this year they wont get another gift for it as well.

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
pure midshybrid mids
Titch*
Worpel >
Nash
Ward
Shiels*
Newc

Cj
JOM*
Day
Moore
Morrison
Bramble
Howe*
Wingard*
Phillips*
Long
Butler
CMac
Finn
Fionn
Saunders*
Downie
* unlikely to be playing when next we're competing
I think will be traded by the time we're competing

To me I think we're probably one pure inside mid away from having a midfield profile that we can work with to contend again.
I don't think we're going to be a team that will have a core two or three bulls a la Melbourne, rather a team that can overwhelm and swarm through versatility.
Wardlaw would no doubt be that inside bull that we can work around for the next decade +, and I think him in tandem with Newc, Ward, Nash and Long (the players I see being our inside mids in years to come) would be a great inside mid group to build around.

with our first I think in order I'd like:

Wardlaw
Sheezel
Tsatas
Phillipou
Clark
George
Munkara
Hollands

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
Today is some of the first live junior footy I've tuned into this year, so still just getting a feel. But I've loved a lot of what I've seen from Jhye Clark today. On the shorter side but seems a classic smart, inside/outside, high engine mid.

And I was shocked to read that Harley Reid is an under-ager. Kid is going to be a weapon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back