Rules Brad Scott Conflict of Interest….

Remove this Banner Ad

One hilarious part of this three ring circus is Chris Scott in the media desperately trying to defend his twin brother and his own(Chris Scott’s) rule changes.

It would be a mistake to expect too much from this thread.

Did you say similar on the S Hocking conflict on interest thread that proved bang on the money F2S?

My grave fear is that this thread will be scuppered by Brad Scott’s insanity and/or incompetence before his conflict of interest comes properly to the surface.

Strange how Chris Scott made comments in advance of the relaxing of the dissent rule over the last couple of rounds predicting this would occur though. 😁

Did you say similar on the S Hocking conflict on interest thread that proved bang on the money F2S?

My grave fear is that this thread will be scuppered by Brad Scott’s insanity and/or incompetence before his conflict of interest comes properly to the surface.

Strange how Chris Scott made comments in advance of the relaxing of the dissent rule over the last couple of rounds predicting this would occur though.

You might be onto something, Meteoric, but don’t forget to do some checking up on the acting CEO as well. Gooses, ganders etc.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hmmm, getting very concerned here that this man’s sheer lack of having the remotest idea of how to do his job is going to rob us of our prey.

I will soon need to alter the thread title to “Brad Scott Totally Inept” if he can’t slow down his overwhelming flood of incompetent interventions long enough to allow his obvious conflict of interest to shine through.

He’s had enough Gil, as Slug Jordan once famously said, “I think you’ve gotta take him off.”

Worse Footy Ops bosses than S Hocking are bloody tough to find, but congratulations Gil, this clown is next level. 😂😂

OK, well the AFL seems to have taken umpiring off Brad Scott and given it to a person who probably knows absolutely nothing about umpiring. She can’t do a worse job, that is for sure.

But what is happening here? Scott seems to retain the following suspicious sounding items in his ever-shrinking portfolio:

1. Club education
2. Game analysis

along with the items for which we already know he has accelerated their descent into a dumpster fire:

3. MRO
4. Rules of the game

I wonder here what “club education” and “game analysis” mean? They sound to me like they could be umpire related. The AFL needs to get this puss weeping festering sore of an incompetent f*ckwit right away from anything of any importance before the whole thing collapses.

If they keep going as they are we will be talking break away leagues before too long.

This is a shambles. Hocking couldn’t handle the job so they split it into smaller parts, and gave Brad Scott one of those parts. Now Brad Scott cannot handle even a part of he job Hocking had so they have started employing more people to do part of Scott’s job.

I am gaining a new found respect for Hocking here given he was able to f*ck up so many jobs single handed, whereas it now seems to take at least 3 people to f*ck them up. 😂

My god does that organisation need a clean out.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, well the AFL seems to have taken umpiring off Brad Scott and given it to a person who probably knows absolutely nothing about umpiring. She can’t do a worse job, that is for sure.

But what is happening here? Scott seems to retain the following suspicious sounding items in his ever-shrinking portfolio:

1. Club education
2. Game analysis

along with the items for which we already know he has accelerated their descent into a dumpster fire:

3. MRO
4. Rules of the game

I wonder here what “club education” and “game analysis” mean? They sound to me like they could be umpire related. The AFL needs to get this puss weeping festering sore of an incompetent f*ckwit right away from anything of any importance before the whole thing collapses.

If they keep going as they are we will be talking break away leagues before too long.

This is a shambles. Hocking couldn’t handle the job so they split it into smaller parts, and gave Brad Scott one of those parts. Now Brad Scott cannot handle even a part of he job Hocking had so they have started employing more people to do part of Scott’s job.

I am gaining a new found respect for Hocking here given he was able to f*ck up so many jobs single handed, whereas it now seems to take at least 3 people to f*ck them up. 😂

My god does that organisation need a clean out.

More people. Everyone knows the best decisions are made by committees !!

You've drifted away from your original premise of this thread, MR. Maybe it wasn't a thing after all.

Suggest you start two new threads:
1. Brad Scott something something something ruining the game
2. Lisa Lawry Conflict of Interest

1653603633925.png

You've drifted away from your original premise of this thread, MR. Maybe it wasn't a thing after all.

Suggest you start two new threads:
1. Brad Scott something something something ruining the game
2. Lisa Lawry Conflict of Interest

View attachment 1409657

Brad Scott would have a clear conflict of interest F2S, the trouble is he looks like he is way too dumb to ever capitalise on it.

In any event, he is the twin brother of a current AFL coach. We should not ever forget that small detail. That alone should be enough to prevent him from being the key influence on rules of the game, or umpiring, or MRP decisions that have any relevance at all to his brother’s team - in any organisation that institutes proper conflict of interest principles…..

Let us also not overlook he deemed Tom Hawkins when participating in a marking contest v the Hawks had "no realistic alternative" than to audition for the part of Greg Louganis in a biographical movie regarding the great diver’s life. And that it was good umpiring to award Hawkins a free kick for the said audition. And that it was also correct that he was awarded a 50m penalty when two Hawks players informed an umpire 100m off the ball that Hawkins had indeed made a quality audition for the part. 😁

Well here we go.

Brad Scott is the man who must take the initial decisions in the Tom Stewart case. He has a clear conflict of interest as his twin brother coaches Stewart’s team. So his first act should be to remove himself from playing any part in this process.

But will he?

Last edited:
Well here we go.

Brad Scott is the man who must take the initial decisions in the Tom Stewart case. he has a clear conflict of interest as his twin brother coaches Stewart’s team. So his first act should be to remove himself from playing any part in this process.

But will he?
Let it go! You and your conspiracy theories. Tom Stewart will cop a suspension but whatever he cops won’t be enough to satisfy you

You would be happy with Damien Hardwick’s twin brother sitting in judgement of this incident?
I wouldn’t be fazed like you. As I said 12 months ago when you started banging on about conflicts, I give people like Hocking and Brad Scott credit for being able to avoid conflicts. For whatever reason you see the worst in people.

FWIW, Brad Scott wouldn’t give a s**t about Geelong

I wouldn’t be fazed like you. As I said 12 months ago when you started banging on about conflicts, I give people like Hocking and Brad Scott credit for being able to avoid conflicts. For whatever reason you see the worst in people.

FWIW, Brad Scott wouldn’t give a s**t about Geelong

So your policy for dealing with conflicts of interest is to assume the person in the conflicted position is able to avoid conflicts.

That is also my position, so we agree.

The difference is you seem to think they can avoid any conflict of interest by carrying on as if no conflict exists. I think they should absent themselves from any process in which they are conflicted or could be seen to be conflicted. You know, according to sound conflict of interest principles.

Out of interest, do you think conflict of interest principles should be invoked in any sphere of decision making?

So your policy for dealing with conflicts of interest is to assume the person in the conflicted position is able to avoid conflicts.

That is also my position, so we agree.

The difference is you seem to think they can avoid any conflict of interest by carrying on as if no conflict exists. I think they should absent themselves from any process in which they are conflicted or could be seen to be conflicted. You know, according to sound conflict of interest principles.

Out of interest, do you think conflict of interest principles should be invoked in any sphere of decision making?
It could work the other way. Brad Scott could be so hell bent on proving that he is impartial that subconsciously he may push for an even harsher penalty. But considering Brad Scott says one things and means another and pretty much lied through his teeth (when he told everyone that there was 'no acceptable form of dissent' only to almost completely abolish the 'hands out is dissent' rule) I would have no idea what he'll do. Fair to say that both twins are some of the most annoying people in AFL football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back