Is the top 4 set?

Remove this Banner Ad

If Fyfe won the Norm Smith recency bias would propel him to Dusty status, who is in All Time category probably, not just “modern” great
Judd has 2 Brownlows and Norm, what a champion

Yeah he’d join their tier with GAJ.

No salt from me mate. You guys have not improved from last year.
Definitely salty. It's fine, I get it, I'd be salty if I supported the Saints as well.

Looks like it will be

1. Freo

2. Dees

3. Lions

4. Winner of Cats v Tigers

I think the Dees play the lions again at the Gabba, confident lions will win that one. MCG seems to be their only issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So many teams could make top 4. It’s ridiculous.

1st is almost certain to be Melbourne but other then that it’s anyone’s spot from 2nd-7th

I think Richmond can’t make top 4 unfortunately. We’d have to go undefeated from here and try and do what the dogs did last year.

I think Richmond can’t make top 4 unfortunately. We’d have to go undefeated from here and try and do what the dogs did last year.
Yeah, unfortunately that final couple of minutes stitched us up today for any Top 4 chance. I'd settle for 8th now.

It's not a particularly good year to be the second best side anyway - such a massive gap between Melbourne and the rest.

Yeah, unfortunately that final couple of minutes stitched us up today for any Top 4 chance. I'd settle for 8th now.

It's not a particularly good year to be the second best side anyway - such a massive gap between Melbourne and the rest.
Might even face off in an EF!

Durdin's gotta have a footlong sub pre-game.

I am not so sure about that re Melbourne and daylight.

Do you think 16 wins needed for top 4?

I am not so sure about that re Melbourne and daylight.

Do you think 16 wins needed for top 4?
I went to two matches today - the Baggers vs Freo then the MCG Tiges vs Cats. Very impressed with the Blues - they were as good as Freo were bad. You should've been 8-9 goals up at half time such was your dominance, but Harry bottled a few he wouldn't normally have dropped. You owned the centre clearances (and around the ground contests) and your inside-50 count should've probably seen you out of sight 45 minutes into the match. Great pressure from the get-go, and Freo just couldn't handle it. Blues are the real deal, no doubt about it, but as I've said all season I still think we're all a mile behind the Dees.

However, I feel like the most serious chance of anyone knocking off the Dees was contained in that Richmond vs Geelong game. Both teams bring finals presence - the Cats structure up so well defensively and their forward line with Cameron in such great form might present a problem even for the Dees highly disciplined and organised defence. And the Tiges are still a bit of an enigma - keep 20 of our best 22 fit (and preferably don't have one of our absolute keys like Vlastuin or Prestia knocked out in the first quarter) and you just never know. Martin is still a couple of cogs short of his best - if he re-discovers it somehow then it's game on at Tigerland.

But I'm still very glad I loaded up the Sportsbet account on the Dees a couple of weeks back when they drifted out to 3.50. I'm about ready to spend the winnings already I'm that confident.

I went to two matches today - the Baggers vs Freo then the MCG Tiges vs Cats. Very impressed with the Blues - they were as good as Freo were bad. You should've been 8-9 goals up at half time such was your dominance, but Harry bottled a few he wouldn't normally have dropped. You owned the centre clearances (and around the ground contests) and your inside-50 count should've probably seen you out of sight 45 minutes into the match. Great pressure from the get-go, and Freo just couldn't handle it. Blues are the real deal, no doubt about it, but as I've said all season I still think we're all a mile behind the Dees.

However, I feel like the most serious chance of anyone knocking off the Dees was contained in that Richmond vs Geelong game. Both teams bring finals presence - the Cats structure up so well defensively and their forward line with Cameron in such great form might present a problem even for the Dees highly disciplined and organised defence. And the Tiges are still a bit of an enigma - keep 20 of our best 22 fit (and preferably don't have one of our absolute keys like Vlastuin or Prestia knocked out in the first quarter) and you just never know. Martin is still a couple of cogs short of his best - if he re-discovers it somehow then it's game on at Tigerland.

But I'm still very glad I loaded up the Sportsbet account on the Dees a couple of weeks back when they drifted out to 3.50. I'm about ready to spend the winnings already I'm that confident.
I have said most of the year we are a possible, but not probable flag chance. We would be nuts to see this year as just a learning experience for future years, I mean you never know if you will get a better chance. I mean we should be there or thereabouts for the next 4-5 years, but all sorts of things can conspire against you in other years (loss of form, morale, injuries etc).

Our midfield had been off the boil last 3 matches, was back to its best today. The contested ball/clearance work today was great.
In a one off game I am confident we can beat anyone, including Melbourne. Doesn't mean we will, but I don't think we have reason to fear anyone. I have seen our best this year and its as good as anyones.

Melbourne were back to their best on Thursday, best since the 2021 GF, they are the best but I don't think they are that good that they aren't gettable in a one off final.

Geelong V Richmond was a fantastic game, I did want Tigers to win so we'd be a game clear in the top 4. Geelong seem to keep unearthing players when you think they are about to drop off (either via trades like Cameron, for nothing in Stengle and now have an emerging star defender in Sam De Koning).

A bit like R1, Prestia going off today was a massive blow to the Tigers, as he is one of the most irreplaceable players Richmond have. You are right though Dusty would need to catch fire for the Tigers to really make a big push you'd imagine. I also see Richmond as more susceptable to injuries and have less depth than other sides in the 8 (though others may disagree).

A bit like R1, Prestia going off today was a massive blow to the Tigers, as he is one of the most irreplaceable players Richmond have. You are right though Dusty would need to catch fire for the Tigers to really make a big push you'd imagine. I also see Richmond as more susceptable to injuries and have less depth than other sides in the 8 (though others may disagree).

Agree with that, we are pretty healthy at the moment though. Our run home is pretty much perfect. If we are good enough, we go 8-0, if not, then we are just making up the numbers anyway. I assume we will start favourite in every remaining game. Only 2 top 8 sides we play are home to Freo and Brissy. The Gold Coast away game in 2 weeks is gonna be massive and easily our hardest remaining match.

I think today was a good loss that we can launch from, I felt it was the best we have played for ages after a shocking start to the game. Of course we could lose to West Coast next week and its over.

I think Carlton is the only team that could take Melbourne out of finals though. I just couldnt see Geelong (or us if we make it that far) stopping their run later in the game. Both teams probably too old. Then the interstate teams will have to beat them at the G, seems unlikely in finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back