Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Beat me to it! It's long in the tooth now, bye round 1st year of a 4 year deal. And it was worth pick 38 in terms of points, not that it matters to those who insist on repeating it every couple weeks it was a s**t trade. Or that we flipped it into Bergman and Curtis, one of which is already a senior fixture as a 1st year player. But yeah, should just grabbed a guy who had no interest in joining us instead because we have that sort of pull in the industry
Chol was only ever staying at Richmond or going back to Qld

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
LOL
Let me educate you so you Understand we are at the NMFC NOT getting 1 or 2 Priority Picks before the draft or after the 1st round or 2nd round .
People must understand the AFL will be lynched by the other 17 clubs if they decide to give us a Priority Pick of any description.
Also Clarkson like Kelly from GWS is NOT coming to North either time for people to wake up and get on with life.
There’s 2 things that will happen in 2023.
1 : Noble will be still coach.
2: His gone and we get a Mark Williams who in many ways helped the Red and Blue draft cheats win a flag by up skilling the ordinary players into good players and the great players into a Elite players.
78AD717A-D136-43B8-A0F8-C1CB5EC52FC6.gif

Steele7

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Grassy Hawks
Still don’t get why North went for CCJ. Could kept Goldy for any 2 years. By then Edwards would be the back up for Xerri. That pick 19 might of got us a FB in Hayes in the draft. FFS you know your going to come nearly last and going to get a good 2nd pick. Especially in a rebuild phase.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Still don’t get why North went for CCJ. Could kept Goldy for any 2 years. By then Edwards would be the back up for Xerri. That pick 19 might of got us a FB in Hayes in the draft. FFS you know your going to come nearly last and going to get a good 2nd pick. Especially in a rebuild phase.
The only reason that I can see we did it was because a player actually chose us.

Smells of desperation

Junk yard

Team Captain
Aug 31, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
LOL
Let me educate you so you Understand we are at the NMFC NOT getting 1 or 2 Priority Picks before the draft or after the 1st round or 2nd round .
People must understand the AFL will be lynched by the other 17 clubs if they decide to give us a Priority Pick of any description.
Also Clarkson like Kelly from GWS is NOT coming to North either time for people to wake up and get on with life.
There’s 2 things that will happen in 2023.
1 : Noble will be still coach.
2: His gone and we get a Mark Williams who in many ways helped the Red and Blue draft cheats win a flag by up skilling the ordinary players into good players and the great players into a Elite players.
He's! Still don't understand how people f##k that one up.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Goldy was going into his last year as a 34 year old, and Xerri was asking to be traded. If either of them left, our backup ruck was a 19 year old beanpole. We needed another ruck and we went out and got one. I'm confident that CCJ will be a good player for us.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Mods, can we please have a dedicated thread for people to bitch and moan about the CCJ trade. So bloody tiresome. We wont know if its a good or bad trade for years so give it a rest ffs!

And deny people their FOMO on the next Wayne Carey at pick 22 in the draft at the expense of our intended future number one ruckman for a near decade?

I'll check with top brass.

Steele7

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Grassy Hawks
Goldy was going into his last year as a 34 year old, and Xerri was asking to be traded. If either of them left, our backup ruck was a 19 year old beanpole. We needed another ruck and we went out and got one. I'm confident that CCJ will be a good player for us.

Goldy’s last year.? He’s still playing well now. We picked up player that can not push he’s way into the team and we’re 18th for pick 19.

Steele7

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Grassy Hawks
Mods, can we please have a dedicated thread for people to bitch and moan about the CCJ trade. So bloody tiresome. We wont know if its a good or bad trade for years so give it a rest ffs!
yep. You must be happy with pick 1 & 55

Edwards and Xerri are just as likely gone by then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 17, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
yep. You must be happy with pick 1 & 55
Of course I'd love for us to have a boatload of high end picks but we don't. I'm rapt with Paul Curtis, and Bergman whilst super raw and slight of frame has all the tools to be a really good player. So it's not the disaster you and many are making it out to be. We'll also get Cooper Harvey with back end points and more than likely a PP of some description. By all means whine all you likea about the trade just don't clog up this thread with it!

Steele7

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Grassy Hawks
Of course I'd love for us to have a boatload of high end picks but we don't. I'm rapt with Paul Curtis, and Bergman whilst super raw and slight of frame has all the tools to be a really good player. So it's not the disaster you and many are making it out to be. We'll also get Cooper Harvey with back end points and more than likely a PP of some description. By all means whine all you likea about the trade just don't clog up this thread with it!
it’s a Trade & Management thread. Must of forgot you run the show.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don’t think simply discussing the trade can be labelled as whining. We can talk about trades we win (are there any?), what’s the issue with talking about trades we lost?

The reality is, there are only a handful of players on our list that opposition clubs would trade pick 19 or better for - JHF, McKay, Larkey, Thomas, LDU, Powell & Simpkin.

We’ve traded it for a guy who is currently playing in our VFL side. If that isn’t worth discussing, then wtf is the point of having a forum to discuss list management…

Jun 17, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I don’t think simply discussing the trade can be labelled as whining. We can talk about trades we win (are there any?), what’s the issue with talking about trades we lost?

The reality is, there are only a handful of players on our list that opposition clubs would trade pick 19 or better for - JHF, McKay, Larkey, Thomas, LDU, Powell & Simpkin.

We’ve traded it for a guy who is currently playing in our VFL side. If that isn’t worth discussing, then wtf is the point of having a forum to discuss list management…
What I'm saying is that this trade has been discussed within an inch of its life in this thread. It's tiresome to read!!! Hence why I asked if there can be a dedicated thread to discuss this trade. It's tongue in cheek but seriously it's so boring to keep having to sift through it.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
it’s a Trade & Management thread. Must of forgot you run the show.
For 2022

First point, if discussing the trade isn't whining - what was your post after west coast's win if not a clear whinge to seemingly restart the forum on the topic?

Secondly, 'Currently.' Thankfully there is 3 and a half years for this trade to play out. As alluded to earlier, its exhausting reading the same thing over and over when the trade was worth pick 38 in points, and netted us two kids at the draft table.

If you and others are happy to continually circle back to this trade then I'll happily cut and paste the rebuttal about pick 38 and Curtis and Bergman every single time. Or alternatively just start your own thread on it and discuss it there. I mean we have threads discussing the merits of Syria as a place to live over Queensland, starting a roast thread for everyone to go round in circles over Callum Coleman Jones isn't too much to ask for

Last edited:

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyhoo looking forward for a change, Lloyd 39 disposals at 85% efficiency. 5 rebounds, 10 intercepts, a couple inside 50s and 6 score involvements. Would be a fine addition.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For 2022

First point, if discussing the trade isn't whining - what was your post after west coast's win if not a clear whinge to seemingly restart the forum on the topic?

Secondly, 'Currently.' Thankfully there is 3 and a half years for this trade to play out. As alluded to earlier, its exhausting reading the same thing over and over when the trade was worth pick 38 in points, and netted us two kids at the draft table.

If you and others are happy to continually circle back to this trade then I'll happily cut and paste the rebuttal about pick 38 and Curtis and Bergman every single time. Or alternatively just start your own thread on it and discuss it there. I mean we have threads discussing the merits of Syria as a place to live over Queensland, starting a roast thread for everyone to go round in circles over Callum Coleman Jones isn't too much to ask for
Given we have a 2022 pick, I personally still think it’s relevant in this thread.

I also thought it was relevant post the West Coast win, as the pick improved, becoming 19. First pick on night two of the draft, which has additional value IMO.

Feel free to call it a “whine”. I don’t see it that way, I see it more as calling out something that looked like a poor decision at the time and 8ish months down the track, still looks like a poor decision. One of many that this/previous list management team (again why it’s relevant in this thread) have made, which is now hopefully going to be heavily scrutinised in the review.

If you don’t want to participate in the topic, that’s all good, don’t.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think CCJ will turn out alright, but Xerri only asked to be traded after we poached a guy in his age bracket in his preferred position.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Given we have a 2022 pick, I personally still think it’s relevant in this thread.

I also thought it was relevant post the West Coast win, as the pick improved, becoming 19. First pick on night two of the draft, which has additional value IMO.

Feel free to call it a “whine”. I don’t see it that way, I see it more as calling out something that looked like a poor decision at the time and 8ish months down the track, still looks like a poor decision. One of many that this/previous list management team (again why it’s relevant in this thread) have made, which is now hopefully going to be heavily scrutinised in the review.

If you don’t want to participate in the topic, that’s all good, don’t.
I actually think I said whinge, don't try and paint it as some from of intellectual repartee Psi. It's a circular conversation that a handful insist on engaging in and not just in this thread. There is nothing new to add. I did notice in your explanation that you didn't make any mention of the rebuttals to the discussion, the addition of Curtis and Bergman and the point value being pick 38. But that's what people do on this topic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back