Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 15 - Cats v Tigers Sat June 25th 4:35pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Macca180

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2021
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
And they'll get smashed in a preliminary final

maybe... but doesn't change the fact that was important game. Think the Cats sealed a top 4 spot. Tigers would of set themselves up for top 4 with a win. It was high pressure, finals like footy. The winner should be very pleased with themselves.

Tigers coming back from 35 points down.
Then the Cats holding on after looking gone.

I like these two teams as the only challenges to Melbourne.

And so cute to see so many Tigs in here being sore, salty cry babies blaming everything other than themselves. As usual.
Always nice to see a gracious winner :thumbsu:
Nek minit
Richmond fans melting about accusations of umpire bias conventionally forget that we had our home game robbed of us and given to the opponent. Wouldā€™ve belted them by 6-8 goals if we got to play them at home.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Always nice to see a gracious winner :thumbsu:
Nek minit

Mate how do you expect cats fans to act?

Any misfortune that Richmond suffers or indeed any loss, itā€™s down to any factor other than gameplay. Itā€™s every f***ing week, it is juvenile, it is tiresome, and it is the work of weak minded individuals that have to play the conspiracy card, the excuse card, the ā€˜well look what we did at such and such a time so that somehow makes this result not countā€™ card etc etc.

Itā€™s f***ing pathetic and it is exactly WHY other teams have fans who can respond in ungracious fashion when they beat yours.

Hoops

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 30, 2004
Forever in contention
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Vixens
In addition to this, you look at the ones that aren't really discipline related, but just not paid.

HRS just before halftime marks the ball in the square, and a Geelong player runs through the protected zone with no opponent and no intention to man the mark. No 50m is paid despite the obvious encroaching. Insetad of Soldo kicking from 45m out, you have HRS klicking from about 30m out. Would've made a difference. Also in the 4th, Richmond player has the ball on the wing, and before he handballs or ump calls play on, the Geelong player moves off the mark. No 50m paid, but even the Geelong player on the mark thought they gave away a 50m since the ump hadn't called play on.

You then have ones where both players are wrestling each other, but because one goes to ground in the midst of the tussle, a free kick is paid. This happened for Jack's speccy when Lynch gave away a free to De Koning, but later on, when Lynch was held by 2 Geelong defenders, because he didn't go to ground or anything, TDK was able to intercept mark and no blocking or holding free to Lynch.

Geelong defender deliberately taking the ball over the behind line infuriates me despite it being the rule. I also have a gripe with free kicks for holding and/or blocking when players have no realistic chance of contesting the ball, but that's a different argument.

There was just too many inconsistencies in the umpiring for it to seem 'fair'. Some people have mentioned it already, but how can you report a bloke for a high bump, but not even give a free kick for the incident?

People bring up Richmond's style of play, and supporters would acknowledge that we don't expect to win the free kick count, but to see a lopsided free kick count during the HA season, to become 50/50 during finals with no change in the way we play is so random it can't be a coincidence.
Yes, Richmond are favoured in finals.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
I reckon he gets 4 weeks.
That will be quite telling especially against Carlton with McKay/Curnow combo. The game at home against Melbourne will be effected considerably. He did not play against Melbourne in both encounters second half of the season and you saw how easily they picked us apart when going forward.
Big loss if it's 4 weeks.
When Stewart was injured half way through the game a few weeks back (Freo?), it was if the game plan stopped with him. Just completely lost all run and movement.

Will be a big loss. But I guess it's squarely on him.

Any misfortune that Richmond suffers or indeed any loss, itā€™s down to any factor other than gameplay.
A sniper hit is part of ā€œgameplayā€?

If your not good enough to play in the rules you can *ing sit down and watch and I hope he goes for two months.
He will always be remembered for being ok with being a dog and anyone who says he didnā€™t mean it is a sh.t talker.

Mate how do you expect cats fans to act?

Any misfortune that Richmond suffers or indeed any loss, itā€™s down to any factor other than gameplay. Itā€™s every f***ing week, it is juvenile, it is tiresome, and it is the work of weak minded individuals that have to play the conspiracy card, the excuse card, the ā€˜well look what we did at such and such a time so that somehow makes this result not countā€™ card etc etc.

Itā€™s f***ing pathetic and it is exactly WHY other teams have fans who can respond in ungracious fashion when they beat yours.
Is it as weak as Geelong supporters abandoning their club at half time in a game that mattered, and then crying about it on talkback radio?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
A sniper hit is part of ā€œgameplayā€?

If your not good enough to play in the rules you can f*n sit down and watch and I hope he goes for two months.
He will always be remembered for being ok with being a dog and anyone who says he didnā€™t mean it is a sh.t talker.

Iā€™m sorry I didnā€™t realise that was the end of the game. I thought 22 other Richmond players took to the field and there was plenty of game play between the two teams.

Thank you for proving my point in attempting to disprove it.

Even down to the conspiracy theory:

No way could a tigers fan just go ā€˜well it was clearly an intentional bump, he had no eyes for the ball, and he will rightly get his whack, but I very much doubt he went into the contest intentionally to hit him on the jaw with his shoulder.ā€™ No. Thatā€™s impossible.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Is it as weak as Geelong supporters abandoning their club at half time in a game that mattered, and then crying on talkback radio about it?

Thank you for proving my point.

Someone levels a fairly reasoned and well supported accusation at the majority of a group of supporters on this forum and the immediate response rather than address, explain or even defend it, is ā€˜remember that time?ā€™

Iā€™m sorry I didnā€™t realise that was the end of the game. I thought 22 other Richmond players took to the field and there was plenty of game play between the two teams.

Thank you for proving my point in attempting to disprove it.

Even down to the conspiracy theory:

No way could a tigers fan just go ā€˜well it was clearly an intentional bump, he had no eyes for the ball, and he will rightly get his whack, but I very much doubt he went into the contest intentionally to hit him on the jaw with his shoulder.ā€™ No. Thatā€™s impossible.
Get some sleep Deborah and I hope you dream about winning flags

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
maybe... but doesn't change the fact that was important game. Think the Cats sealed a top 4 spot. Tigers would of set themselves up for top 4 with a win. It was high pressure, finals like footy. The winner should be very pleased with themselves.

Tigers coming back from 35 points down.
Then the Cats holding on after looking gone.

I like these two teams as the only challenges to Melbourne.
Yep think cats sealed top 4 with the win as we would have if we won. Still our remaining fixture isnā€™t the hardest so I think we still have a chance if we get on a run. Main thing is making finals though, I feel with a full side weā€™ll be very dangerous to play whether in Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane or Sydney.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Iā€™ve seen as many in the past four decades as you have but yeah, ok? Good sledge. You addressed the point very well
Itā€™s been a while between drinks now though hasnā€™t it? And for all your top 4 finishes in the last 10 years you walk away with nothing to show for it every single season.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Having a player unable to play due to unsportsmanlike play is a conspiracy theory.

Get ducked

No, levelling the accusation that it was a deliberate act and that it is somehow a reflection of Tom Stewartā€™s character, and that Prestiaā€™s absence was the only factor in the result, is a conspiracy theory and a complete inability to digest and analyse what took place during the course of the game

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Itā€™s been a while between drinks now though hasnā€™t it? And for all your top 4 finishes in the last 10 years you walk away with nothing to show for it every single season.

In an 18 team competition we are not mathematically overdue for another 7 years.

When weā€™ve been 37 years since winning a preliminary final Iā€™ll understand how you guys felt.

No, levelling the accusation that it was a deliberate act and that it is somehow a reflection of Tom Stewartā€™s character, and that Prestiaā€™s absence was the only factor in the result, is a conspiracy theory and a complete inability to digest and analyse what took place during the course of the game
Rubbish.

Youā€™ve spent to many years away from the game

Thank you for proving my point.

Someone levels a fairly reasoned and well supported accusation at the majority of a group of supporters on this forum and the immediate response rather than address, explain or even defend it, is ā€˜remember that time?ā€™
So, if Richmond supporters complaining about a player not being payed a free kick for being concussed, and then play being allowed to continue whilst Richmond is a man down is weak and tiresome and justifies ungracious behaviour from Geelong supporters, what's Geelong supporters threatening to complain to the Court of Human Rights in The Hague because some 10 year old sitting in front of them barracked for his team too loudly?

No need to answer, I already know. You hold Richmond supporters to a much higher standard than Geelong supporters. I do too, as do most.

Back