Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 15 - Cats v Tigers Sat June 25th 4:35pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In an 18 team competition we are not mathematically overdue for another 7 years.

When we’ve been 37 years since winning a preliminary final I’ll understand how you guys felt.
Beating you in 3 seperate finals over those 3 years on our way to winning the flag was just so sweet. Especially how we ran over the top of you each time:)

So, if Richmond supporters complaining about a player not being payed a free kick for being concussed, and then play being allowed to continue whilst Richmond is a man down is weak and tiresome and justifies ungracious behaviour from Geelong supporters, what's Geelong supporters threatening to complain to the Court of Human Rights in The Hague because some 10 year old sitting in front of them barracked for his team too loudly?

No need to answer, I already know. You hold Richmond supporters to a much higher standard than Geelong supporters. I do too, as do most.

Geelong fans, including myself, literally questioned why play wasn’t stopped. I have no issue with that. The free kick wasn’t awarded for the same reason many free kicks aren’t awarded: the umpire misses the incident, play goes on, and they aren’t going to backtrack 2 minutes.

If you actually look through the red mist and address what I’ve said, it’s not directed at people who questioned why play wasn’t stopped.

It’s people who theorise that it was a plan to take Prestia out of the game, that it was a pre-conceived attack to deliberately hit him (amazing that we chose our best player to carry it out and earn the suspension rather than say, Mark OConnor or Jake Kolodjashnij??), people who write off everything that happened afterwards because you lost a player, people who have a shot at opposition fans for being happy they won, the d***heads who will assume that whatever sentence Stewart gets even if it’s 8 weeks, that it will somehow come with a discount to what it should have been ‘because Scott Brothers.’

Beating you in 3 seperate finals over those 3 years on our way to winning the flag was just so sweet. Especially how we ran over the top of you each time:)

Fantastic. You did what every other team has done to us for fun since 2011, and you did to us what you did to basically every other team you played in finals in that era. I’m sure it was fun. You got to watch your team win 3 flags: I wasn’t under the impression it would have been tough for you to watch prior to you clearing it up.

As if you would go out there in todays game to deliberately take a player out. Not going to get away with it. No remonstration from Richmond players, obviously respect Stewart and see him as a fair player and that was out of character for him. Had a brain fade, happens to all of us at some stage out there. Doesn't change the fact that running past the ball and cleaning someone up is a cheap shot. 4 weeks.

As if you would go out there in todays game to deliberately take a player out. Not going to get away with it. No remonstration from Richmond players, obviously respect Stewart and see him as a fair player and that was out of character for him. Had a brain fade, happens to all of us at some stage out there. Doesn't change the fact that running past the ball and cleaning someone up is a cheap shot. 4 weeks.

Spot on.

It was a cheap shot, it was reckless and it was totally out of character.
No more, no less.

The free kick wasn’t awarded for the same reason many free kicks aren’t awarded: the umpire misses the incident

Richmond already had a free kick, 5m closer to their goal than where Prestia was, a holding the man against Selwood. If the ump had given the free kick to Prestia instead all the moaning would be, "Waaaa! Even when we get a free kick the umps try to swindle us out of every meter they can. Waaaaaa!" 100% guarantee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really mad at this loss tbh. It really showed me that our pressure is still a game-winner even if we did not actually end up winning.

We still have the opportunity of making the top 4 given we're only 2 games (and 6%) out with a relatively easy draw from here. It won't be Geelong's spot though IMO because I think they'll make it from here.

Not really mad at this loss tbh. It really showed me that our pressure is still a game-winner even if we did not actually end up winning.

We still have the opportunity of making the top 4 given we're only 2 games (and 6%) out with a relatively easy draw from here. It won't be Geelong's spot though IMO because I think they'll make it from here.
Agree, think dees lions and cats make it. It’s freos spot that is the most vulnerable.

For all the Carlton and cats bravado in this thread I guarantee we’ll eliminate one of you from September. Put your house on it.
I genuinely think Tigers midfield just doesn't bat deep enough to be a flag chance

I know Cotchin was out and Prestia for that matter but it's the weaker part of the team where you have an excellent backline and the two tall forwards.

If you had 2 Bolton's one forward , one mid would be a critical factor

What's happened to Stack? Is he injured?

I genuinely think Tigers midfield just doesn't bat deep enough to be a flag chance

I know Cotchin was out and Prestia for that matter but it's the weaker part of the team where you have an excellent backline and the two tall forwards.

If you had 2 Bolton's one forward , one mid would be a critical factor

What's happened to Stack? Is he injured?
Considering we were down Prestia, Cotchin and lambert thought we did admirably. Short and baker are now viable options in there, baker for one is a star. Stack will probably be delisted at years end, doesn’t work hard enough.
At the end of the day I don’t think any team can beat Melbourne if they bring what they did on Thursday night, but it would be nice to knock a couple out.

Geelong fans, including myself, literally questioned why play wasn’t stopped. I have no issue with that. The free kick wasn’t awarded for the same reason many free kicks aren’t awarded: the umpire misses the incident, play goes on, and they aren’t going to backtrack 2 minutes.

If you actually look through the red mist and address what I’ve said, it’s not directed at people who questioned why play wasn’t stopped.

It’s people who theorise that it was a plan to take Prestia out of the game, that it was a pre-conceived attack to deliberately hit him (amazing that we chose our best player to carry it out and earn the suspension rather than say, Mark OConnor or Jake Kolodjashnij??), people who write off everything that happened afterwards because you lost a player, people who have a shot at opposition fans for being happy they won, the d***heads who will assume that whatever sentence Stewart gets even if it’s 8 weeks, that it will somehow come with a discount to what it should have been ‘because Scott Brothers.’
I don’t think he meant to get him high and knock him out but I do think Prestia was targeted to be roughed up, make him earn it, make him feel it etc

Stewart poorly screwed up the execution of that and will be gone between 4 and 6 weeks I expect.

I don’t think he meant to get him high and knock him out but I do think Prestia was targeted to be roughed up, make him earn it, make him feel it etc

Stewart poorly screwed up the execution of that and will be gone between 4 and 6 weeks I expect.

I don’t doubt that either and I think we would be stupid not to; we are slower than the other good sides but we have harder bigger bodies than most of them so I think using aggression would be smart - there is aggression and there is recklessness and what Stewart did was clearly worse than aggression.

Back