Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, very few people use them though. Everyone given up on wiping down equipment with the anti bac wipes as well.
I really dont expect gym users to wipe down anything, the only caveat being if they have left visible sweat residue on the equipment.

I use gloves and I use my towel and I also wash my clothes after every workout. Gyms are filthy.

I still cannot understand how anyone can walk or workout barefoot in a gym. It is the most disgusting filthy thing a person could do. There is one guy that I saw once and his sole of his feet were literally black as f**k.

I really dont expect gym users to wipe down anything, the only caveat being if they have left visible sweat residue on the equipment.

I use gloves and I use my towel and I also wash my clothes after every workout. Gyms are filthy.

I still cannot understand how anyone can walk or workout barefoot in a gym. It is the most disgusting filthy thing a person could do. There is one guy that I saw once and his sole of his feet were literally black as f**k.
Nah, not wearing shoes is the best. Granted I do wear socks if I’m going that approach, however it is the best.

Nah, not wearing shoes is the best. Granted I do wear socks if I’m going that approach, however it is the best.
Its not. Youre using a public space that is filthy as f**k. People, walk, spit, spill drinks, sweat all over these floors.

Its a disgusting behavior.

Thats not even counting the high potential of catching an infection.

Its not. Youre using a public space that is filthy as f**k. People, walk, spit, spill drinks, sweat all over these floors.

Yeh, the old MMA gyms used to have someone every few months getting a staph infection. Walking barefoot in a gym feels like youre asking for that.

Yeh, the old MMA gyms used to have someone every few months getting a staph infection. Walking barefoot in a gym feels like youre asking for that.
Think of every time you have seen someone sweated/spit/spilled a drink on the floor, then imagine stepping on something wet and trying a guessing a game of what disease/infection have I caught.

Nothing worse than people who act like they own the place. People that come in and take up acres of space and leave weights set up for circuits they do over hours. You pay a few bucks a week like everyone else, piss off.

Nothing worse than people who act like they own the place. People that come in and take up acres of space and leave weights set up for circuits they do over hours. You pay a few bucks a week like everyone else, piss off.
PT at my gym does this, she "cordons" off like an area to do a circuit with her clients. (leaves phone,drinks bottle, towel, notebook to "reserve" an area)

Within reason, if someone is not there, I will use any equipment that I need to.

the_interloper
Syd

Created my own world record, 9 days straight to the gym.

Couldnt make it to 10 today and being leg day didnt help.

In the middle of the night last night, I could feel my body say for the love of god, please take a break.

Didnt happen if you didnt post to facebook or instagram.

In the middle of the night last night, I could feel my body say for the love of god, please take a break.

Day 1 - Stress -> fatigue
Day 2 - Stress -> fatigue
Day 3 - Stress -> fatigue
Day 4 - Stress -> fatigue
Day 5 - Stress -> fatigue
Day 6 - Stress -> fatigue
Day 7 - Stress -> fatigue
Day 8 - Stress -> fatigue
Day 9 - Stress -> fatigue

Sounds like recovery -> adaptation doesn't join the party that often. You're either on the best gear on the planet, or on the highway to burnout

Day 1 - Stress -> fatigue
Day 2 - Stress -> fatigue
Day 3 - Stress -> fatigue
Day 4 - Stress -> fatigue
Day 5 - Stress -> fatigue
Day 6 - Stress -> fatigue
Day 7 - Stress -> fatigue
Day 8 - Stress -> fatigue
Day 9 - Stress -> fatigue

Sounds like recovery -> adaptation doesn't join the party that often. You're either on the best gear on the planet, or on the highway to burnout
No, not at all.

I do Push/Pull/Legs. Zero chance, I could do a full body workout 9 days straight.

Mind you, my normal practice is to go 3 to 4 days on, then a days break.

I also take anywhere from 3 to 4mins break between compound lifts. Sure my gym sessions are long, but always enjoyable. And yes, I normally push close to failure with a rep or two short on every set.

In addition and this may be weird to some in here (but I hope not), I never ever regret going/leave the gym early. In 5 years, I left the gym twice after 10-15mins of warming up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

9 days in a row isn't going to burn you out. I would guess most weeks im in every day. Physically I never really feel like I need a rest because the muscles im training today will get their rest over the next couple of days while im training others. Injuries and CBF mentally can happen every now and then but if you enjoy getting in there then just keep on going

13 days straight is my PR back in 2017

Didn't do weights every day, was at least 3 half hour+ cardio/stretch days in there

I regularly go 10-11 in a row before a day off, basically just train on the Sunday if I'm feeling good as I do mix up the volume/intensity

If I'm feeling good on the Sunday it'll likely be cardio or HIIT, then I'll power through my standard Monday and Tuesday before I eventually cave to a Wednesday or Thursday off. Other split would be having that Wednesday or Thursday off, starting fresh on a Thursday or Friday and powering through that weekend and the next week until the next Sunday.

If we're talking weights PR every day, then just the 5 days in a row is mine, cardio is always good to do to break it up

Between the achilles and getting hit with random cold an flus my routine is just all off of late.

Its bullshit.
I'm battling on, but it did annoy me a few weeks ago

Still got annoying congestion every morning

Would love for some advice here and what others would do?

A PT at the gym is using three pieces of equipment "at the same time". Uses one piece and reserves two others (with towels and board), while she does a mini circuit with her client.

Sure if others were using it, its a non-issue I accept it and move on. But to reserve three pieces is a bit rich.

While I dont want to be the "Karen", Im not sure what to do here, when I need to use something that she basically reserves for 30mins to an hour? Why should I screw my workout for her?

I was going to move the towel today of the back machine she "reserved" and just use the machine, while she was using the squat rack with her client, but didnt want today to be the day I picked a "fight". Mind you I would have rolled over and played dumb if questioned if I did it and say you couldnt be using the back machine as you are doing barbell rows with your client in the squat rack area.

Thoughts?

Be polite and ask if you can work in, if she is difficult talk to the management.
Thanks, actually that does sound reasonable. Which is a way to win, without making a big deal. I hardly think she will want to create a scene with her client there. Ironically I actually do share equipment occasionally with one of her clients, she is totally fine and the only reason she does is because she asked me first if she could work in with me.

In fairness I take long breaks between sets, 2mins for most exercises, 3mins for compounds. So I could easily work around that.

Would love for some advice here and what others would do?

A PT at the gym is using three pieces of equipment "at the same time". Uses one piece and reserves two others (with towels and board), while she does a mini circuit with her client.

Sure if others were using it, its a non-issue I accept it and move on. But to reserve three pieces is a bit rich.

While I dont want to be the "Karen", Im not sure what to do here, when I need to use something that she basically reserves for 30mins to an hour? Why should I screw my workout for her?

I was going to move the towel today of the back machine she "reserved" and just use the machine, while she was using the squat rack with her client, but didnt want today to be the day I picked a "fight". Mind you I would have rolled over and played dumb if questioned if I did it and say you couldnt be using the back machine as you are doing barbell rows with your client in the squat rack area.

Thoughts?

Use to be a woman at the gym I'm at who would do a Les Mills Body Pump workout in the weight room in front of the DB rack and mirror. She'd place her phone on DB rack around the 15-17.5kg DBs, and hog a bench, a 5kg bar and plates, and whatever else you need for that s**t program, and be there for 50 mins or so while others work around her, trying to retrieve and then lift 35-40kg DBs while not getting poked in the eye from her squatting beside them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back