Preview Round 16, 2022: Giants v Hawks, 3:20pm 3rd July Giants stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot calling for DGB return after a 6 pos game not sure that warrants a recall.
If he is playing at FB, I don’t care if he has no possessions, as long as his opponent is scoreless. We have enough loose defenders who are more than happy to provide run out of defence. It will be nice having DGB and Blanck sticking to their direct opponents.

A lot calling for DGB return after a 6 pos game not sure that warrants a recall.
6 possessions, 6 marks. Played agressive footy.

I want to see him at senior level, getting exposure.

We need more proper defenders not 1 trick pony attackers off half back who can't defend. DGB in with Blanck so we can release Scrimshaw and Sicily to be pure interceptors. Sicily needs to play the Tom Stewart role every week plain and simple. Push CJ up the ground more so we use his speed and run getting the ball inside 50. He needs to add more strings to his bow.

As poor as our midfield has been the defence is contributing to the heavy scoring against us a bit as well. We don't have enough guys who can do both attack and defend. Look at someone like Saad. The bloke has mastered the art of doing both. Rarely gets beaten.

In - DGB

priority needs to be given to playing Blanck and Denver for the rest of the year. Both look like they could be 10yr key defenders in our next premiership team. This will give them the belief heading into the preseason with the aim being best 22 next year

I would be finding a way to get Day, DBG , Ward in .
Means a few loyal soilders make way but the time is now .

Wingard in to add class . A lot of changes but now is the time to get our 2023 side playing together .
Last few years many of us were perplexed why Clarkson did this, Sam needs to move on.

B Sicily Blanck Hardwick
HB Scrimshaw DGB Jiath
C McDonald Mitchell Bramble
HF Moore Lewis Wingard
F Bruest Jeka Butler
FOLL: Reeves Worpel Newcombe
I/C: Nash, Magginess, Day, Ward
Sub: Impey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another FTA game.

My gut feel is that we've been getting a pretty good share of FTA games this season compared to previous? (Might be wrong). Considering only 4/9 are FTA per round these days.

How did he play? Did you watch the game?
I watched the game. No faulting his endeavour, but still needs to improve on his spoiling technique. Was caught out a few times with high ball coming in where he couldn't land the spoil. He seems to get caught in no mans land too. Where his not close enough to his opponent to affect a spoil and not close enough to the goal line to get a hand on the ball sailing through.

This game should be pretty open and end to end given the styles both sides have implemented lately. Expecting given the venue is spotless though we'll be on the wrong end of the scoreline.

He's a stopper not a rebound defender possessions mean jack shite

Pick 6 in the draft is a lot to spend on a stopper. I thought he was supposed to be a brilliant intercept defender?
Six possessions at VFL level from an intercept defender when the ball obviously spent a lot of time in his part of the ground is underwhelming.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If he is playing at FB, I don’t care if he has no possessions, as long as his opponent is scoreless. We have enough loose defenders who are more than happy to provide run out of defence. It will be nice having DGB and Blanck sticking to their direct opponents.
c’mon man you want our pick 6 playing 120 minutes and walking off with no touches. 🤷‍♂️

We need more proper defenders not 1 trick pony attackers off half back who can't defend. DGB in with Blanck so we can release Scrimshaw and Sicily to be pure interceptors. Sicily needs to play the Tom Stewart role every week plain and simple. Push CJ up the ground more so we use his speed and run getting the ball inside 50. He needs to add more strings to his bow.
CJ gave us good run out of defence most games although had a bad day last week. But he will improve with time.

While from a LT perspective we should be pairing up Blanck and DGB if DGB isn’t doing enough at box hill you can’t just promote him. He needs to improve his craft.

Expect chad and Gunston back (if fit). Will Day be over concussion?

Haven’t seen any good BH reports - did Ward or Finn do enough?

Giants aren’t very good. But we’ve historically struggled at their ground. Don’t think it’s very wide which will limit our transition footy - and they’ll be better in the contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back