parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Nice classic match up tonight, even though Brisbane in all white would be the best option for maximum contrast.

Dees are in pink socks for the Pink Lady game.

Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
Also Melbourne are wearing pink socks tonight for the BCNA game (some players are wearing pink boots too)

Thursday June 23

Melbourne: Home/Navy v Brisbane Lions: Fitzroy/White

Friday June 24

Western Bulldogs: Home/Blue v Hawthorn: Clash/White

West Coast Eagles: Home/Blue v Essendon: Home/White

Saturday June 25

Carlton: Home/Navy v Fremantle: Clash/White

Geelong Cats: Home/White v Richmond: Home/Black

Sydney Swans: Pride/Red v St Kilda: Pride/Black

Sunday June 26

North Melbourne: Home/White v Adelaide Crows: Home/Navy

Collingwood: Home/Black v GWS Giants: Clash/White

Port Adelaide: Home/Black v Gold Coast Suns: Home/Red

Timewaster

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Is there a designated position for numbers?

Dees and Lions both have the back of their yoke on top of the numbers. Brisbane have a shallower yoke and higher numbers. Their jumper looks much less balanced than Melbourne's.

A bit more blue on the back would make Brisbane look much better

Timewaster

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
When are Brisbane going to ditch the paddle pop lion from their logo? Not good enough for the Guernsey but they won't kill it off?

budge27

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Redskins, Northwestern, Dodgers
The lion needs to come up a bit higher too. The whole thing is very unbalanced... not difficult stuff for a real designer

There is something wrong with the Lions long sleeve jumpers as well particularly with the layout of the AFL logo and front sponsor - they almost sit under their armpits….

1656071602408.jpeg

So what is the difference between Royal and Navy?????

I look forward to us wearing our home shorts going forward, and can someone please explain why we where in white shorts for our home game yesterday????

You cant make us alter our traditional home uniforms and then allow this today.

I think white shorts looks better, but posts about this cant say today looks good then have a go at me for arguing we should use navy more in our home games.

Last edited:
So what is the difference between Royal and Navy?????

I look forward to us wearing our home shorts going forward, and can someone please explain why we where in white shorts for our home game yesterday????
If you look back over the past 10 years, you'll see that Geelong wear their white shorts most weeks. It's just because they have a lighter jumper so should wear white shorts. If they wore navy and Tigers wore black, it would've looked messy.

Navy is way too close to black, whilst royal is significantly lighter.

so we can wear our home shorts next week against North, I mean Royal is signifantly lighter than Navy?

It depends what North wear, the AFL might put Geelong in the dark clash with Navy shorts and North white/white.

You have to be fishing for a bite because there is no way a home club in this day and age would have to adjust their uniform for the away team, and the away team not be one of the big 4😂

Like Sydney, Gold Coast and Now North, this should open the door for both teams to be in their home shorts in some more fixtures at Kardinia Park or home games.

(Hawthorn, Port, Essendon, Adelaide & Richmond should be added to Sydney, Brisbane and Gold Coast)

In all seriousness, I think one of three things happens next Saturday night:

1: North Indigenous Jumper home shorts against Geelong White and White.
2: North release a Royal Jumper this week and we wear white and white.
3: Geelong want to test feedback on the navy jumper used is Tassie and will wear it against North in their away and white shorts.

Geelong have had 1: Country Game, 2: Indigenous, 3: Navy Clash, 4: Retro to be worn next week against Melbourne, 5: Home so thats our jumper quota done for the year (AFL still asks for no more than 5?)

Last edited:
If you look back over the past 10 years, you'll see that Geelong wear their white shorts most weeks. It's just because they have a lighter jumper so should wear white shorts. If they wore navy and Tigers wore black, it would've looked messy.
Thats why North went to a Royal jumper, if you are now going to allow them in home for these match ups then Geelong have to be allowed to as well.

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
I'm going to guess the Crows have opted to wear white shorts today, but this is downright messy and stupid.

All year North have worn white shorts at home. Why now? Change of Policy now that Gil is gone?

North should be in white, Crows in Navy. Simple as that.

I'm going to guess the Crows have opted to wear white shorts today, but this is downright messy and stupid.

All year North have worn white shorts at home. Why now? Change of Policy now that Gil is gone?

North should be in white, Crows in Navy. Simple as that.
North should've been in blue and crows in Navy

Back