Opinion Non-Crows AFL 5: Save Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What even is a St Kilda? I've had some self-hating moments in my life, but my mind can't unpack the enigma that is being a St Kilda fan.

They are football's answer to chloroform.

What even is a St Kilda? I've had some self-hating moments in my life, but my mind can't unpack the enigma that is being a St Kilda fan.

They are football's answer to chloroform.
One of the few supporter bases that has it worse than Crows fans. What is "Life is suffering" written in latin? Should be their club motto.

Just the kind of Club to offer massive overs for De Goey too.

Brouch needs a mate after all down there.
Las Vegas Party GIF by Red Bull

Like chalk and cheese, I made it till quarter time. I wish the AFL became elite and got back to 12 teams.

Yes teams would cycle through their ups and downs but the overall standard would be so much better.

The few really good games a season stand out like dog balls and we remember why we love footy - it shouldn't be that way.

Edit: Yay, made it on page 119.
I used to watch nearly every game... but not even close now as so many games have become unmatchable.

Agree we would be better off with less tier 1 teams to increase the quality.

Also, not helped by AFL stuffing around with the rules constantly.

Gil the dill can't leave AFL house soon enough!

Last edited:
Yours is one of half a dozen or so comments I've received either by text or in conversation that have lamented the same, and it's so true.
I’m surprised at why some of our supporters actually want port to lose at this point..

I mean.. we literally need them to just scrape into the 8 for three reasons..

1) to keep Ken right where he is

2) to again watch on in laughter when they get bundled out in the first round of the finals

And

3) to stuff their draft/trafing hand up.. if, and its a massive IF, JHF and North do decide to part ways at the seasons end.. North will tell him hes contracted and that they will only deal with the SA club that can give them the very best deal. If Port dont win some more games.. they could easily end right down next to us and have some decent trade capital.

I used to watch nearly every game... but not even close now as so many games have become unmatchable.

Agree we would be better off with less tier 1 teams to increase the quality.

Also, not helped by AFL stuffing around with the rules constantly.

Gil the dull can't leave AFL house soon enough!
Wont happen in any of our lifetimes as Australia's population is way too small and large sized teams, but suspect one day the AFL will be multiple tier competition much like the EPL in England, with Premier League, Div 1 etc, where teams can be promoted and demoted.

The population of Australia is expected to be at around 100m by 2100.:think:

Bottom line, is that a smaller elite competition should give rise to better games. In theory. :drunk:

I’m surprised at why some of our supporters actually want port to lose at this point..

I mean.. we literally need them to just scrape into the 8 for three reasons..

1) to keep Ken right where he is

2) to again watch on in laughter when they get bundled out in the first round of the finals

And

3) to stuff their draft/trafing hand up.. if, and its a massive IF, JHF and North do decide to part ways at the seasons end.. North will tell him hes contracted and that they will only deal with the SA club that can give them the very best deal. If Port dont win some more games.. they could easily end right down next to us and have some decent trade capital.
All true.

But, it's the reverse of, wanting the crows to lose so we improve our draft position, until they run out onto the ground, and then most of us want to get the win.

We want port to win for the very reasons you pointed out, until they run out onto the ground, and then you remember what a bunch of campaigners their supporters are, and what a stupid cringeworthy ******* thing the NTUA dirge ritual is, and then you see the absolute campaigner players like Dixon, Flopalot, diver-Gray, Boofhead thug Jonas, AAAAAAAAAA DBJ (LOL), etc, and you realise no self respecting crows supporter should ever wish for a Port victory. :)

All true.

But, it's the reverse of, wanting the crows to lose so we improve our draft position, until they run out onto the ground, and then most of us want to get the win.

We want port to win for the very reasons you pointed out, until they run out onto the ground, and then you remember what a bunch of campaigners their supporters are, and what a stupid cringeworthy ******* thing the NTUA dirge ritual is, and then you see the absolute campaigner players like Dixon, Flopalot, diver-Gray, Boofhead thug Jonas, AAAAAAAAAA DBJ (LOL), etc, and you realise no self respecting crows supporter should ever wish for a Port victory. :)
Which is why I snapped at Enviable Tradition when he thanked us for the showdown loss earlier in the year. Nobody from either side, regardless of context, ever wants to lose a showdown. He's mostly okay though as far as Port supporters go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Downhill skiing Port has been activated already
Good. Let them rack up their 12 wins, finish 9th and then say they were unlucky to miss the finals.

Nick Haynes has really fallen away. Used to be absolutely elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back