Review Crows vs NM: The Good, the bad and ... the stultifyingly DULL.

Who played well against North Melbourne?

• Sam Berry

• Jordon Butts

• Jordan Dawson

• Tom Doedee

• Darcy Fogarty

• Will Hamill

• Jackson Hately

• Mitch Hinge

• Chayce Jones (sub)

• Ben Keays

• Rory Laird

• Shane McAdam

• Ned McHenry

• Wayne Milera

• Nick Murray

• Reilly O'Brien

• Patrick Parnell

• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
We won by nearly 10 goals, winning away, against some biased umpiring. Our 2 tall forwards kicked 10 goals between them. This is like every Crows fans wet dream in 2022.
I hear you, mate, but I've had better (aged 14-16 and several in 2017 :sneaky:).

Everything you said is true re: nearly-10-goal-Hobart-win, Tex and Fog etc, but it's a game they should have won and won well.

How the rebuild is going, well, we'll see next week when we play a really good side.
P.S. are you going to update your thread?

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Come on John. Come back to the real world. You're spending too much time in the Tardis.
Or you can come out from the corner and smile more after a win. It’s ok, just lift up those cheek muscles for several hours, then put on the frown back on tomorrow. Come on, you can do it! Carn’ Mr Moogle!

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Legs, Wests Tigers
Obligatory Fog highlight gifs...

00adb33de4bcd2a3214efbfbc6da6f77.gif
f38cbe277d4af9ef394d06547f4d5dc1.gif

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I hear you, mate, but I've had better (aged 14-16 and several in 2017 :sneaky:).

Everything you said is true re: nearly-10-goal-Hobart-win, Tex and Fog etc, but it's a game they should have won and won well.

How the rebuild is going, well, we'll see next week when we play a really good side.
P.S. are you going to update your thread?
I think you can also judge a rebuild on how well we play against a poor team. I think the positive signs have been bubbling to some degree in the recent weeks, and today we’re showing more reward for our efforts. And thread update will happen (sometime, when I’m in the mood for number crunching).

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Noone seems to have mentioned Hinge. I thought he was excellent. He made no mistakes that I saw and every disposal seemed to be a long raking kick mostly striaght to our players. Why he was dropped, I've got no idea. He had good score involvements.
Defensively was kinda poor today, but yeah he shouldn't have been dropped. Provides size and attack from defence

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I agree with the comments on Murray. He was great in the centre, more a big-bodied midfielder than a ruckman. Boy, did the oppo get out of the way when he bullied through! He seemed to get a centre clearance whenever he was "rucking".

There was a side-effect on the game, though. In the last quarter, just after ROB got his goal, he went off and Murray rucked and did well. However, this period coincided with the North ruck roaming forward and getting a goal. There was a bit of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Noone seems to have mentioned Hinge. I thought he was excellent. He made no mistakes that I saw and every disposal seemed to be a long raking kick mostly striaght to our players. Why he was dropped, I've got no idea. He had good score involvements.
You must have looked away from the TV several times at the most inoportune times, he made a couple of real howlers early in the game, but got better as the game went on.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
I agree with the comments on Murray. He was great in the centre, more a big-bodied midfielder than a ruckman. Boy, did the oppo get out of the way when he bullied through! He seemed to get a centre clearance whenever he was "rucking".

There was a side-effect on the game, though. In the last quarter, just after ROB got his goal, he went off and Murray rucked and did well. However, this period coincided with the North ruck roaming forward and getting a goal. There was a bit of robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Yep, Murray as 2nd ruck is really intriguing. I think that if we're going to persist with that though, we need an extra taller player in defence for cover (we don't want Doedee playing 2nd KPD, ever)

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide

These are the things Nicks should be trying. Murray to Ruck against Jackson (who will jump all over ROB) and bring Frampton in (who is the best of a bad bunch) down back.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
The mark: he actually got up higher than he needed!

The don't-argue: so hard that he pushed the bloke over, then delivered lace-out. YOWZA!!
The other great thing about the dont argue is that it was on Archer’s son.. and his flog of a dad had to watch on helplessly in the grandstand..

Used to *ing hate watching Glenn play the crows.. that absolute campaigner used to towel us up most of the time.

thebirdman 24

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
You must have missed the first quarter. To be fair he was better after being shifted from defence.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We won by nearly 10 goals, winning away, against some biased umpiring. Our 2 tall forwards kicked 10 goals between them. This is like every Crows fans wet dream in 2022.
Add against Brisbane, Melbourne, Richmond or Geelong to that paragraph and it most certainly would be.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Just stopped in over at the North board. Some of their supporters are pretty devastated. I think some of them must have thought this game was a genuine chance and weren't expecting to be thrashed.

Adelaide have been pretty bad this year but the work rate of our players is generally okay. It's evident we lack polish and top end talent but they crack in. North are more like us in 2020 where they not only lack talent, but the effort of some of their senior brigade is just not at the level.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Just stopped in over at the North board. Some of their supporters are pretty devastated. I think some of them must have thought this game was a genuine chance and weren't expecting to be thrashed.

Adelaide have been pretty bad this year but the work rate of our players is generally okay. It's evident we lack polish and top end talent but they crack in. North a more like us in 2020 where they not only lack talent, but the effort of some of their senior brigade is just not at the level.
Geeez, I dont know about that.. I wouldnt mind having LDU, JHF, Phillips and Powell on our list as midfield youth.. not sure you could class that as a lack of talent..

Back