Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Psycroptic/werewolves gig last night was great. My first post-covid silliness gig, felt good.

Only complaint was short set times (4 bands), would have preferred 3 with more time. Psycroptic were on point and sounded great

Heard DP were really good.

I have Metallica number 1 and Megadeth number 2 in my favourite bands. But Mustaine is still hungry, Metallica really aren't, and you can see that in their post 2000s material I think. Megadeth have released one stinker in Supercollider and a few crackers, they haven't really missed other than that one.

Megadeth is my equal number 1 with Slayer and Marduk, and the reason for their success is that massive chip on Mustaine's shoulder. It's pushing 40 years, but he still hasn't let him go and it pushes him constantly (that horrible album aside).

On an unrelated note, I signed up to Paramount+ yesterday for the sole purpose of watching the new Beavis and Butthead movie. It was amazing.

Megadeth is my equal number 1 with Slayer and Marduk, and the reason for their success is that massive chip on Mustaine's shoulder. It's pushing 40 years, but he still hasn't let him go and it pushes him constantly (that horrible album aside).

On an unrelated note, I signed up to Paramount+ yesterday for the sole purpose of watching the new Beavis and Butthead movie. It was amazing.
Haha, I heard that was coming out, mite watch it later

Been going through Drudkh a bit lately. Forgotten Legends, Autumn Aurora, Blood in Our Wells, Microcosmos... lot of great records. Not sure on their post-Microcosmos stuff to be honest, but the latest one is probably the best of those albums. Can't wait for the new album later this year.

Still really enjoying the new Decapitated. I've always found their stuff hit and miss, but enjoying this:

Still stuck on this one. I defy anyone who posts on this thread regularly to not get at least a ittle involuntary head wobble going when the verse riff kicks in around 55 seconds in haha

And then again 3:33!

Totally get why some would wince at rob flynn being involved (I think he sounds great here) but the rest of the song rips regardless

Last edited:
Seen Enforced last night. Was alright. Good sound and they had plenty of energy on stage, but they were only on for 40 minutes! Bit short for a headline act? Also, there was some guy in his 50's getting up on the stage and crowdsurfing the whole time. Where did he get his energy from?

Seen Enforced last night. Was alright. Good sound and they had plenty of energy on stage, but they were only on for 40 minutes! Bit short for a headline act? Also, there was some guy in his 50's getting up on the stage and crowdsurfing the whole time. Where did he get his energy from?

Imagine they’d be decent. Be even more decent with a Slayer sounding vocalist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Static Abyss and Undeath lps arrived today. Got Static Abyss on now. Just checked flights for Tomes of Decay fest in Prague this September. Be awesome but the travel time spooked me - * sitting on a plane (or at various airports) for that long.

Static Abyss and Undeath lps arrived today. Got Static Abyss on now. Just checked flights for Tomes of Decay fest in Prague this September. Be awesome but the travel time spooked me - * sitting on a plane (or at various airports) for that long.

Prague would be amazing. I’m heading to London & Ireland in 2 weeks. Stopping in Dubai. All work and bloody long flights but it’s a small price to pay for the experience. Singapore week 1 August - it’s been 4 years since I went there.

Had a ticket to see Metallica at a festival yesterday, hotel booked, train booked... Then in the morning get an email that they're cancelling because of a corona infection 'within the Metallica family' .... **** off man

Then in a statement "after talks with promoters overnight about a replacement show, it became clear that our schedule and venues don't line up the remainder of this year or next"

If they end up playing tomorrow in Belgium it's taking the piss, especially as you don't really even need to isolate here now with an infection.

Fair play by the festival though, they offered a full refund for those that didn't want to go anymore, and for those that did go got 50chf back. I wasn't interested, the other bands were Five Finger Death Punch, Sabaton, Eluveite, Fever 333 and Chaoseum and I have no real interest in any of them.

So disappointed

Had a ticket to see Metallica at a festival yesterday, hotel booked, train booked... Then in the morning get an email that they're cancelling because of a corona infection 'within the Metallica family' .... **** off man

Then in a statement "after talks with promoters overnight about a replacement show, it became clear that our schedule and venues don't line up the remainder of this year or next"

If they end up playing tomorrow in Belgium it's taking the piss, especially as you don't really even need to isolate here now with an infection.

Fair play by the festival though, they offered a full refund for those that didn't want to go anymore, and for those that did go got 50chf back. I wasn't interested, the other bands were Five Finger Death Punch, Sabaton, Eluveite, Fever 333 and Chaoseum and I have no real interest in any of them.

So disappointed

That sucks. Seen the current setlist and it looks good. They were meant to play here in 2019 but cancelled due to Hetfield. No news on new dates - be 2023 June at the earliest. You’d think they’d make it a priority to play shows they cancelled but obviously not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back