Autopsy North lose to the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

The best our midfield has looked all year was when LDU was given the keys. It’s perplexing as to why they were taken away from him today. Greenwood and Simpkin getting first possession, only to turn it over down the line… we may as well lose the clearance.
We simply can't run jed jy and Hugh in the middle. I'd have Jy ahead of the other 2 as LDUs support act. LDU is the absolute best of the lot, not even close I reckon now Psi

The best our midfield has looked all year was when LDU was given the keys. It’s perplexing as to why they were taken away from him today. Greenwood and Simpkin getting first possession, only to turn it over down the line… we may as well lose the clearance.

There are baffling decisions where when you look at them and you look at the idea that we are trying to win games and those two positions are incongruent with each other.

We simply can't run jed jy and Hugh in the middle. I'd have Jy ahead of the other 2 as LDUs support act
Agreed.

Jy should not be the go-to at clearance. He simply is not good enough at distributing the ball or breaking away from congestion. Greenwood and Jed are ok defensively but they’re genuine liabilities with ball in hand (as is Jy), whilst having no ability to break from stoppage, none. We simply cannot win games with this mix.

Today it was Jy and Greenwoods midfield, whilst LDU was the support act. It’s no surprise what happened.

Agreed.

Jy should not be the go-to at clearance. He simply is not good enough at distributing the ball or breaking away from congestion. Greenwood and Jed are ok defensively but they’re genuine liabilities with ball in hand, as is Jy.

Today it was Jy and Greenwoods midfield, whilst LDU was the support act. It’s no surprise what happened.
I'm still hopeful that his disposal woes turn. He wasn't this bad last year ball in hand. Still not great, but he is missing 15m kicks into the forward 50 by 10m. It's concerning

Has she said a single world publicly to pacify members since she got the gig?

It's looking more and more like a diversity hire.
Living up to your name there Rod. 👎

Jy should not be the go-to at clearance. He simply is not good enough at distributing the ball or breaking away from congestion. Greenwood and Jed are ok defensively but they’re genuine liabilities with ball in hand, as is Jy.

In a world where we had a healthy list Jy should be in the twos for a few weeks.

We have smashed him this year.

And the fact that JHF lives with him is not a good thing when it comes to trying to convince JHF this is a good environment.

We don’t even have spot fires anymore, we have a full on bushfire that Noble lit and they still persist with him.
Didn't someone say JHF was moving out with Paul Curtis?

I'm still hopeful that his disposal woes turn. He wasn't this bad last year ball in hand. Still not great, but he is missing 15m kicks into the forward 50 by 10m. It's concerning
IMO, his best position is run with midfield and wing. He should be assigned a role of the oppositions best runner each week. Not a hard tag, but use his running capacity to limit their transition ball and win his own footy. His game against Sam Walsh last year was exactly how he should be used.

His ball use in tight is just shocking. Playing a more outside role will help.

I didn’t watch it but 2 things stand out.

1. Why the hell we would play McKay fwd when he is going to anchor our backline for the next 10 years is beyond me. If he wants another tall fwd play CCJ.

2. The tackle count discrepancy is very alarming for any team, especially one that also lost the possession count.
I didn’t watch it but ….I’ll comment anyway. What a dumb post.

Siting in the airport waiting to fly home….how ducking disappointing it was…I expected a good effort but they were slow, predictable and there are as no flow at all…stop start, couldn’t clear it, awful kick, turn over, crows goal…

Sorry mate.

I hope your other experiences in Tassie were better (wouldn't be difficult.)

I was angry I was late - I wish I never bothered to turn up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is wrong. Our first quarter in comparison to most other quarters throughout the season was really good. We didn’t maintain it and went downhill rapidly. If we had maintained that effort the result would have been closer and possibly reversed.

On balance players must accept more responsibility for where we are at than the coach. Today the crows were gifted 3 goals by umps, we completely missed the sticks on 4 occasions and missed 3 set shots, those things are not the coaches fault. I thought Thomas was lazy and disinterested, Stevo ineffectual, players generally lacked commitment as the game progressed, that’s their fault not the coaches. With hindsight our biggest strategic mistake was not playing McKay in defence with Walker and not playing zuharr at CHF and Larkey at FF, those are on the coach for not switching at half time.

Overall though I would seriously be dropping Stevo and Thomas and others and bringing in VFL players who want to bleed blue and white. I’d rather see those guys getting flogged while trying their hearts out for the jumper than a lot of our afl listed players.

Yep time to debut more VFL players

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apparently CCJ is sooking it up big time. Came to us and was promised gametime and now not getting it. Another one on our books with a bit of an ego apparently.
I'm loath to just take rumours iike this at face value but it's not as if he hasn't had opportunity. He'll have to push out Goldstein or Xerri and he hasn't done enough to do that.

I'm loath to just take rumours iike this at face value but it's not as if he hasn't had opportunity. He'll have to push out Goldstein or Xerri and he hasn't done enough to do that.
X looked good today. CCJ also great in the VFL, but he isn't knocking the 2 incumbents out just yet.

LDU
Bailey Scott
Flynn Perez
Curtis Taylor
Lachie Young
Tristan Xerri
Paul Curtis

Are the ones that nobody could argue about.
Perez has come off a knee so can’t comment
Taylor showed promise a year ago and then stagnated
Young didn’t have much of a base to start with
Xerri should have stepped up 12 months ago.
Curtis is in his first year so not sure how you could say he has improved under Noble

Not sure anyone apart from LDU has stepped up under Noble to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back