Review Crows vs NM: The Good, the bad and ... the stultifyingly DULL.

Who played well against North Melbourne?

• Sam Berry

• Jordon Butts

• Jordan Dawson

• Tom Doedee

• Darcy Fogarty

• Will Hamill

• Jackson Hately

• Mitch Hinge

• Chayce Jones (sub)

• Ben Keays

• Rory Laird

• Shane McAdam

• Ned McHenry

• Wayne Milera

• Nick Murray

• Reilly O'Brien

• Patrick Parnell

• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if they sack Nobel who in their right mind would want that North Job?

It's a coaching career killer. Small Melbourne club with a poor list.

Adam Simpson getting sacked by West Coast and hired by North is literally their best option

There are only 18 head coaching jobs in the league, with only a portion of them available every year.

There would be a long list of assistant coaches who'd probably bite your hand off if you offered them a shot at a head coaching role, even if it's North.

I'm pretty much fed up with McHenry. He's just a deplorable user of the footy, has no composure and his skills are poor. His physical traits just don't work at the top level. You can be short but you need to offset that with genuine speed or skill and he just doesn't have it.
Surely they can see it...looks like he's also playing injuried.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

A forgettable game against an awful opponent. North are 2012-13 Melbourne levels of bad and Noble is Neeld Mk. II.

Still, there were some positives.

• Fogarty going from strength to strength. His best AFL performance to date and it looks like he's finally clicked.
  • I liked us using Murray as the 2nd ruck. His follow ups made it look as if we had another midfielder in there. An experiment worth persisting with.
  • Jones needs to start in the middle next week. Came on and looked clean, poised and confident, and he is a confidence player. It's been a slow, frustrating burn, but there is a player there, but he relies so much on confidence.
  • Give Dawson the yellow jacket now
  • Tex still holds the team together and he's going to leave a massive hole when he retires
The not so good:
  • Hamill and McAdam injuries. The former is especially concerning with his history and the latter as he's been one of our biggest improvers this season.
  • I've run out of patience with McHenry. Aside from tenacity, he offers nothing. No composure, poor skills and non-existent goal sense as a small forward.
  • Rachele is off the boil big time. I'd give him another match, but he's very close to needing an extended run in the twos.
All in all, it's a win but nothing to write home about. North really are that bad.

Once more we rotated only four midfielders through the centre square.

Noble did similar (apart from 3 CBAs combined for Tarryn Thomas and Powell) but otherwise were shared by their four main mids.

What is with our and our disciples love affair with this structure? Is it the success both clubs are having?

We're not a Melbourne with a dream combo in their prime

Obligatory Fog highlight gifs...

00adb33de4bcd2a3214efbfbc6da6f77.gif
f38cbe277d4af9ef394d06547f4d5dc1.gif

He can get off the ground. Great to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Rachele...

I hope the club appreciates how difficult the role he's playing is. It's difficult in a good team, let alone a struggling team with poor footskills. They are sticking with him so I suspect they do fortunately.

He played too many games in a row in his first stretch. By the end he was unable to train during the week but we persisted until he finally copped that corkie and we were forced to rest him.

Need to be smarter with our young players. Thilthorpe soldiered on needlessly after hyper-extending his knee last year too.

Sure durability and being able to cope with injuries are important qualities for players to have but Year 1 isn't the time to teach them.

Soligo will reach that tipping point soon.

Give him a freshen up before he needs it. Once a young player hits the wall it's very difficult for them to bounce back midseason. They almost need a preseason/offseason reset.

5072 at Bluntstone. I don't know where they were hiding. It was 9deg at start of the game so maybe watching from the bar.

Parnell was worst on ground today unfortunately. Constantly outworked in the defensive 50 and not much run provided
Did you see a gent by the name of Thomas running around? Sounds like there was a caveat involved, but wow give the third-gamer some slack already.

Even if they sack Nobel who in their right mind would want that North Job?

It's a coaching career killer. Small Melbourne club with a poor list.

Adam Simpson getting sacked by West Coast and hired by North is literally their best option
They need someone who can re-establish good culture within the club and to resurrect a shipwreck. Someone like Paul Roos who did that with Melbourne.

They need someone who can re-establish good culture within the club and to resurrect a shipwreck. Someone like Paul Roos who did that with Melbourne.
Do we have the man for them!

You have to remember that it’s not just that Noble is a bad coach, it is that he’s not even a coach

He was plucked from a non-coaching role, where he hadn’t been in a coaching role of any kind in over a decade

He was a mediocre assistant coach who had been out of coaching for over ten years!

So I contend he’s less of a bad coach as not a coach at all

Like many have mentioned the Murray in the middle was probably the most interesting development for me today. I've been wanting to see it for weeks now, and was more then happy with the result.

His level of explosion and power is really eye catching. Makes you wonder if he could actually line up as a mid for a few CBAs, just to change the look when needed.

Oh, and can Murray kick it almost 70m? Im pretty sure I saw 2 long kicks today that went waaaay over 50m.

Like many have mentioned the Murray in the middle was probably the most interesting development for me today. I've been wanting to see it for weeks now, and was more then happy with the result.

His level of explosion and power is really eye catching. Makes you wonder if he could actually line up as a mid for a few CBAs, just to change the look when needed.

Oh, and can Murray kick it almost 70m? Im pretty sure I saw 2 long kicks today that went waaaay over 50m.
Muzz can give it a massive roost. Farmer legs.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Parnell was worst on ground today unfortunately. Constantly outworked in the defensive 50 and not much run provided
Parnell's best position isn't down back in a lockdown position. His offence is the strength to his game. Once he gets a lot stronger he should hold his own defensively but I think between the half back and half forward area is his go where he can use his offence.

Back